PDA

View Full Version : MP Molds

hunter74
04-16-2024, 11:40 AM
How do you manage to buy something from Miha nowadays?

I bought several molds from him a few years back and they've been great.

Now I'm in the market for a couple of new Magma style molds, but I can't get him to answer my emails. I'm interested in true RN style molds, and accuratemolds can't deliver that, sadly, if so Tom would be my first choose.

Does Miha only produce for group buys on the forum?

Thanks!

Sent fra min Pixel 8 via Tapatalk

clint
04-16-2024, 11:57 AM
https://www.mp-molds.com/

sureYnot
04-16-2024, 12:00 PM
I just bought from him a few weeks ago. My bank usually blocks it until I give them a thumbs up.

hunter74
04-16-2024, 12:05 PM
https://www.mp-molds.com/Easier said than done when he does not answer. I understand that he has a lot to do, but a short answer to a couple of emails during 2 years should be doable, in my opinion, when you run a business

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240416/255e0b3d71715abe3457994a2f67a651.jpg

6.5X284ever
04-16-2024, 12:11 PM
I just order from him about a week or so ago, my mold is being delivered by Fed Ex today. Ordered from the web site. When I had an issue with the web site taking my card, he responded promptly and worked it out. When I sent an email with a question, I received no response.

jdgabbard
04-16-2024, 12:32 PM
Ahh, I see what the problem is....

You want a mold he doesn't have in stock. Well, I'm still waiting on a response for the email I sent him 6 months about about a mold that wasn't in stock. They have so much work they're not doing custom runs right now as I understand it. Either the mold you want is in stock, or it's not. They don't have the time to respond to emails.

I've gotten the same result from MP, NOE, Accurate, and Arsenal. Either order what is available/listed on the website, or wait for it to become available.

hunter74
04-16-2024, 12:43 PM
I've waited 2 years. Guess I'll have to try something else

jdgabbard
04-16-2024, 12:53 PM

Yeah, unless he has it in stock he isn't taking orders. I have a particular design I really want to have cut in a 4-5 cavity mold. But I cannot get any of the current manufactures to answer an email about it, let alone cut the mold for me.

It bites, but we're back to Pre Mid-2000s bullet casting, where the molds available are what you can get. Back in the day the only place you could get custom stuff done was through either Lee or a handful of VERY CAPABILITY LIMITED One-Off Mold guys. Good news if you want it bad enough Lee will still cut a custom mold. It'll be VERY pricey, and with a minimum order requirement. But you can still get them...

GregLaROCHE
04-16-2024, 02:56 PM
I’ve quickly received molds that were in stock and notified when normal sizes were again available. NOE never answered my emails, but modified my order a I had requested.

Wag
04-16-2024, 08:20 PM
Just received an RB mold from them. Took about 10 days from order to delivery.

--Wag--

Apple Man
04-17-2024, 10:00 AM
I am super happy with the 4 cavity brass 452-200. I just ordered two more molds this week.

Apple Man
04-17-2024, 01:30 PM
Unbelievable, I ordered the two molds 4/15 and they arrived today, 4/17 before Noon!

jdgabbard
04-17-2024, 02:39 PM
Unbelievable, I ordered the two molds 4/15 and they arrived today, 4/14 before Noon!

Yep, typically when I order I chose DHL, and I receive the molds within like 48hrs. It's amazing.

Iowa Fox
04-18-2024, 07:29 PM

You will be better off doing business with someone else. My last mold from him was a unusable dud.

Nick Quick
04-18-2024, 09:38 PM
I also sent an e-mail to MP guys about a mold for Master Caster. It was few weeks ago and still didn't get an answer. Then I looked somewhere else and I found a very nice Magma mold. I won't bash MP for not answering their e-mails. Just chiming in as I see others in the exact same situation.

flatnose
04-19-2024, 11:18 AM
Except for round nose and a few other things why would you choose anyone besides Accurate molds. You will get the correct dia. for the alloy you are using, your choice of block sizes, the ability to alter the design your choice of sprue plates, boolits with ALL THE CORRECT DIMENSIONS and a choice of materials and more. If he can make what I want i will never go anywhere else. I have been burned by EVERYONE else at least once with no recourse. Thank you Tom for the finest molds available and for standing behind what you make.

flatnose
04-19-2024, 11:21 AM
You will be better off doing business with someone else. My last mold from him was a unusable dud.
I have had 3 useless molds from him. I am tired of gambling.

dannyd
04-19-2024, 01:32 PM
I have had 3 useless molds from him. I am tired of gambling.

How were all three moulds useless?

flatnose
04-19-2024, 02:07 PM
How were all three moulds useless?

All of them the gas check shanks are way too big, so it is impossible to install the gas checks. I am not the only one here that they have done this to. Also sent the incorrect top punch for two of them. Everyone makes mistakes but when you wont back up what you sell that leaves a bitter taste. Honestly Accurate made an out of round mold for me but answered my email and replaced the mold with a perfect one in 2 weeks. I have a lot of Accurate molds and I highly recommend you try them to eliminate the b.s. or at least the risk of it. Why gamble.

dannyd
04-19-2024, 02:39 PM
All of them the gas check shanks are way too big, so it is impossible to install the gas checks. I am not the only one here that they have done this to. Also sent the incorrect top punch for two of them. Everyone makes mistakes but when you wont back up what you sell that leaves a bitter taste. Honestly Accurate made an out of round mold for me but answered my email and replaced the mold with a perfect one in 2 weeks. I have a lot of Accurate molds and I highly recommend you try them to eliminate the b.s. or at least the risk of it. Why gamble.

So, two of moulds work you just need top punches?

I 3 MP out of the 56 on hand, the MP's work great. Only have few that don't work; one NOE, One Lyman and the old two cavity Lee's from the 80's.

But , I don't do much rifle mostly revolvers, so I can make just about anything work out to 50 yards.

flatnose
04-19-2024, 05:28 PM
So, two of moulds work you just need top punches?

I 3 MP out of the 56 on hand, the MP's work great. Only have few that don't work; one NOE, One Lyman and the old two cavity Lee's from the 80's.

But , I don't do much rifle mostly revolvers, so I can make just about anything work out to 50 yards.

All of them the gas check shanks are too big. You cant get a reply or any customer service. He knows about the problem as I am not the only one and he will not remedy the problem. There is only one fix and that is to remake the molds so I am sure that is the issue. Top punches are not a big deal but they are incorrect. I just want everyone to know what happens if there is a problem. I have Accurate molds now and have moved on. They are far superior in every way including the man who makes them. He is a man of his word.

THE_ANTIDOTE
04-21-2024, 10:24 PM
Not too long ago I ordered a set of accurate's 3 top punch set. When I opened the package 2 of the 3 were the exact same diameter. I contacted him about it and his response was to send him a picture of the punches and he would refund me for the missing one??? Refund me? I never asked for a refund. Why not do the right thing and send me the correct punch which is what you have listed on your site...I'd even pay for it, tax, and shipping...it's like a $2.00 part... I told myself forget it, not worth doing business with a vendor who would rather take the easy way out. It's the way vendors remedy the little problems that is the deciding factor in whether I purchase from them again or never at all and I will never buy anything from accurate/tom again. It wasn't like...hey, there was a error in your order or we are sold out and put you on backorder or ship you the part...send us the bad one... Just fix my order... I guess it wasn't worth the time or money to fix my problem correctly, maybe if I had spent several thousand dollars on molds and stuff I would have received equal customer service. So the punches just sit here as an example to myself of the lousy customer service.

jdgabbard
04-22-2024, 11:20 AM
Yeah, I'll be honest, I would do business with Mihec any day. I don't have any issues with Al, but I do think his products are of subpar quality compared to Mihec's - in other words, I'm biased towards the quality of MP. Both occassionally have problems, and drop the ball. I've learned to try and not judge a man until I've walked in his shoes. I get people bashing this or that business because they themselves have had a bad experience with them. But that is not the VAST MAJORITY of people that have done business with them. Almost everyone who has done business with either MP or NOE has been beyond satisfied with their buying experience. They would not have the setups they have today if these examples were normal. Both of those gents have been valuable members of this community for a long long time. Now, I'm not the injured parties here, and won't speak to minimize or invalidate their own concerns. Just offer my own opinion that those examples are well outside of the normal course of doing business with either of those companies.

Targa
04-22-2024, 11:43 AM
All of them the gas check shanks are way too big, so it is impossible to install the gas checks.

I have a handful of MP molds and almost all of them have been excellent with the exception of one. It is a gas check .44 Larsen mold and like yours the shank is to big making the bullets useless for a gas check. I would certainly not by a gas check mold from MP, to many people have reported this issue.

flatnose
04-26-2024, 09:45 AM
I have a handful of MP molds and almost all of them have been excellent with the exception of one. It is a gas check .44 Larsen mold and like yours the shank is to big making the bullets useless for a gas check. I would certainly not by a gas check mold from MP, to many people have reported this issue.

Sorry you got stuck also. I wished I would have known this before he stuck me for several hundred dollars. No recourse from Slovenia I am just burned. His day will come. Sadly many more will be ripped off before it comes back to him.