PDA

View Full Version : ghost gun builders buying experience

gb4324
04-09-2024, 05:32 PM
Hello,

I was encouraged by another member to write up a recent experience I had with ghostsgunbuilders.com. I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience with them. Maybe this is a caution flag to others. Admins and mods! if this is the wrong place for this story, please move where it should be. I couldn't find a better place.

I was recently looking for some gunsmithing supplies. I saw that ghostsgunbuilders.com had a MUP-1 available. No one else has these in stock. I attempted to purchase two with a credit card. I soon got a text from the main support phone number that said the site had issues with credit card processing and asked me to try again with another form of payment. I emailed the support email. They replied with a non-answer answer to my question. I waited a couple days and attempted to call the support line. It seems to be an off-shored outsourced business help number. The dude who answered the phone seemed to have multiple company's orders to look through to find mine. I couldn't communicate well with him and asked him to cancel the order.

In the meantime, I checked with my credit union. There was no charge to my card.

I went through putting the MUP-1 in a shopping cart again and found that they were only accepting crypto payments.

Has anyone had any experience with this organization? It now seems to good to be true to me that they would have the MUP-1 that no one else does.

Thanks.

Der Gebirgsjager
04-09-2024, 05:59 PM
Weird tale. Money is no good anymore?

Welcome to the Castboolits Forum, gb4324.

DG

kayala
04-09-2024, 06:17 PM
Have to admit I had to search what MUP-1 stands for; interesting but to me name of that website sounds like a "honeypot", which will be heavily monitored by alphabet soup agencies.
I'd watch those credit cards, that you've used, closely or better yet ask for a replacement.
Not accepting credit cards would be a "no-go" for me, but given the nature of the product, I kind of can see that for some people "anonimity" of the crypto might be preferred, not for me.

gb4324
04-09-2024, 06:38 PM
It does seems like some sort of money/crypto laundering/honeypot/scam thing.

imashooter2
04-09-2024, 06:49 PM
Pay with crypto and you have no recourse when the company fails to deliver. Companies doing this scam typically list items that are unavailable elsewhere for attractive prices… very easy to do when you don’t actually stock any inventory and have no intent to deliver product.

cwtebay
04-09-2024, 06:54 PM
Even the site name is suspicious. For the record I sure do like me some government involvement with everything - and this sure sounds like they be doin just that!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

PrestoColumbus
04-09-2024, 07:02 PM
Thanks for reporting in. It's a good discussion that others can benefit from and avoid trouble.

farmbif
04-09-2024, 07:05 PM
maybe I'm old fashioned or something but those ghost guns seem to me they just might be a whole bundle of trouble just waiting to happen. ive seen ghosts they are in this haunted old house where I live and they are no fun. I dont think you would want to pulled over by the Arkansas state police on a traffic stop and have a gun in your car with no serial number on it. but thats just me I dont think I could trust a gun printed out from a computer either. but maybe I just like cant get away from liking walnut and blued steel

Handloader109
04-09-2024, 09:08 PM
Please, if ANY, I SAY AGAIN, IF ANY COMPANY WILL NOT TAKE A CREDIT CARD. RUN, DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THEM.

THERE IS NO LEGITIMATE COMPANY IN THE UNITED STATES THAT CANNOT TAKE A CREDIT CARD. DO NOT pay with Zelle, crypto PayPal F&F.
and I would also state that even here zelle and crypto should be verboten.
Even I can process your credit card and I'm a little one man show

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

ebb
04-09-2024, 09:13 PM
If you can't pay with a credit card RUN. They want Pay Pal F&F or zelle because there is no way to dispute the charges. Most times they will take your money and have another person call and say that the shipment is held up due to shipping charges and when you pay the excessive shipping charges you will never hear from them again. The owner of Accurate shooter warns us members about a new scam site often. Someone posted a site that lists guns/ ammo/ reloading components scam sires and last time I looked at it there were 2300 known scam sites that targeted shooters.

Baltimoreed
04-09-2024, 09:20 PM
Anything that uses crypto as a way to pay is a scam.

WILCO
04-09-2024, 09:21 PM
I avoid crypto anything.
Biggest scam ever.

cwtebay
04-09-2024, 11:22 PM
I truly don't care about the crypto thing.....other than you are literally chucking money from a boat to a boat.... with hopes that the fella on the other end is going to throw you an oar post transaction.
But the fact that in this environment that you would name your website GHOSTGUN!!!
I remember how much I enjoyed hearing about the cop scams where someone would be lured in by lottery wins or whatever. The "winner" showed up to receive a pair of bracelets and the warrant. This sure seems suspiciously similar.

Moleman-
04-09-2024, 11:59 PM
You would be hard pressed to convince me that site isn't a scam when they only take bitcoin/zelle/cashapp ect all types of payment where there is no recourse should (when) you never get what you ordered.

It gets better. If you google the address it's a bridal shop.......

cwtebay
04-10-2024, 01:22 AM
You would be hard pressed to convince me that site isn't a scam when they only take bitcoin/zelle/cashapp ect all types of payment where there is no recourse should (when) you never get what you ordered.

It gets better. If you google the address it's a bridal shop.......Loving this ^^

M-Tecs
04-10-2024, 01:29 AM
As stated with the payment methods its a scam site

https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/ghostsgunbuilders.com

BNE
04-10-2024, 06:55 AM
Everything about this screams scam. And “ghost guns” are only going to get you in trouble.

Texas by God
04-10-2024, 11:42 AM
A company that sells 80% frames with a San Francisco address?
Red Flag #1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gwpercle
04-10-2024, 12:47 PM
I avoid crypto anything.
Biggest scam ever.

:goodpost:
Like Like Like !!!
Gary

cwtebay
04-10-2024, 01:12 PM
A company that sells 80% frames with a San Francisco address?
Red Flag #1.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkMaybe it's closeby to this establishment?325611