PDA

View Full Version : Hearing aid charger battery

blackthorn
04-06-2024, 06:59 PM
I have Kirkland hearing aid(s) that charge by plugging the case into a wall socket. I bought a detachable battery to ensure I would have power to charge the aids at my cabin where there is no power. This battery is on its last legs, only holding sufficient power to ensure one charge, plus a few additional hours. This battery snaps onto the base of the charger and I have observed that it looks similar to the base of a non Kirkland unit owned by my friend. Do any of you fine folks know if these rechargeable battery packs are interchangeable? Alternately, dose anyone make a
generic unit? Thanks in advance for any insight into this.

G W Wade
04-06-2024, 07:03 PM
If it helps, the Kirkland 10.0 hearing aids are a Phonak product GW

rockshooter
04-07-2024, 12:10 AM
I have the Kirkland 10 series, and the little charger box plugs into any USB power port. I bought one of the cheap battery packs designed to charge an iphone and it works just fine. Also plugs into the usb port in my trailer.
Loren

blackthorn
04-07-2024, 11:26 AM
I have the Kirkland 10 series, and the little charger box plugs into any USB power port. I bought one of the cheap battery packs designed to charge an iphone and it works just fine. Also plugs into the usb port in my trailer.
Loren

What I am after is if the add-on battery that attaches to the little charger box is interchangeable from one brand of box to another?

10x
04-10-2024, 05:53 AM
I have Kirkland hearing aid(s) that charge by plugging the case into a wall socket. I bought a detachable battery to ensure I would have power to charge the aids at my cabin where there is no power. This battery is on its last legs, only holding sufficient power to ensure one charge, plus a few additional hours. This battery snaps onto the base of the charger and I have observed that it looks similar to the base of a non Kirkland unit owned by my friend. Do any of you fine folks know if these rechargeable battery packs are interchangeable? Alternately, dose anyone make a
generic unit? Thanks in advance for any insight into this.

Call Costco customer service. Costco is an amazing company in their ability to help.
There should be a manufacturer's spec sheet on the battery with the model of the battery.
Do a search Battery - model number amazon to get prices. Compare to the Costco price.
You can likely get a battery from china too... for about 1/10 the cost of domestic but it will take over a month.

blackthorn
04-10-2024, 12:20 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have a new battery on order from Costco so all is well.

Jack Russel
04-19-2024, 04:31 PM
I tried the rechargable aids,but they where dying after about 10 hr's. I went back to batteries.