View Full Version : If your at the Wanenmacher today

jdgabbard
04-05-2024, 02:42 PM
Shoot me a PM! Love to meet you!

April 5, 2024
https://youtu.be/Ir1PRIwH43k

jdgabbard
04-05-2024, 07:11 PM
Well, didn't get any PMs, so I suppose I was the only one representing today. That said, I did meet an older gentleman by the name of Mr. Duncan from around the Ft. Smith area with an NOE 452 255gr mold for sale. Didn't need it, but did have a nice conversation with him.

Might go back tomorrow, but I'm unsure. My legs currently feel like jello. I barely made it through the entire show, and that was with mostly walking at a swift pace. Not many deals on the items I'm interested in. Ended up with nothing more than a free Hornady catalog, indigestion from a hamburger and coke, and feet that feel like I've been walking on broken glass all day. Had fun though!

Fitz
04-05-2024, 09:16 PM
Ill be going tomorrow , if all goes well

tigweldit
04-05-2024, 11:48 PM
Same as Fitz.

sukivel
04-06-2024, 07:17 AM
I have to work this weekend.

I’ll be going in November. I bought several things last November, but quit trying on casting stuff. Not much selection and prices were as new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WILCO
04-06-2024, 12:44 PM
Thanks for sharing this.
Hope you're feeling better.

Shawlerbrook
04-06-2024, 01:59 PM
Another destination on my bucket list. For those that have been attending this show over the years, has it changed much. At least here in NYS, gun shows have really taken a hit with all the crazy new laws.

jdgabbard
04-06-2024, 05:01 PM
Another destination on my bucket list. For those that have been attending this show over the years, has it changed much. At least here in NYS, gun shows have really taken a hit with all the crazy new laws.

Not a lot has changed at Wanenmacher, except for the prices. Few things are what I’d call deals anymore. But if you’re looking for something, it’s at that show. You just have to find it.

Tall
04-06-2024, 07:30 PM
I was there two years ago. A guy had a 4 lb unopened box of Trail Boss powder. He wanted $500 for it. I passed.

Budzilla 19
04-06-2024, 08:32 PM
I went there in 2012, bought enough stuff I had to rent two dollies to haul it to my truck!! Young man was kind enough to assist an old guy by helping load that bunch of stuff! Seriously, I still haven’t shot all of it up yet! And, I do agree, if you can’t find it there, might as well make it yourself! Prices. Bought .357 diameter 158 grain JHP for $38 for 500! I bought enough for forever, at least I thought I did! Lol. Didn’t cast as much back then, so brass and bullets was about all i bought! Fast forward 12 years, and don’t need anymore brass, and now cast and powder coat all my slugs, rifle included. Only thing not cast is .224, and .308 Sierra 168 MK. Glad you got to go, though. Maybe end of year.

steve urquell
04-06-2024, 09:48 PM
I've been to it off and on for 30 years. Last few times prices were too high to make it worth the trouble. Never know what you will find though and it is one heck of a long walk. Good exercise.

jdgabbard
04-06-2024, 10:50 PM
I was there two years ago. A guy had a 4 lb unopened box of Trail Boss powder. He wanted $500 for it. I passed.

Yesterday there was a guy with a jug of it on the table for $1500. He told me if he could ship it he could ask three times that on gunbroker. Same aisle on the other end of the building there was a lady with a jug for $600. I told her I didn't want it, but it was a 1/3 of the price the guy down from her was selling it for. She said,"Good luck selling it for that, I can't sell mine for $600." Starting to sound more and more like it was discontinued for a reason...

beshears
04-07-2024, 08:01 AM
Wish I was there but today is 50th wedding anniversary and I am not that brave. See you in November.

sukivel
04-07-2024, 10:52 PM
Not a lot has changed at Wanenmacher, except for the prices. Few things are what I’d call deals anymore. But if you’re looking for something, it’s at that show. You just have to find it.

100% true!

Wheelgun
04-07-2024, 11:10 PM
I went today. Made it through the entire show, then went back and looked at stuff I’d wrote down lol. There are a few good deals, if youre willing to pass up the first few you see, and get through the whole show. Then go back to the cheapest one/couple you saw.

Most everything was $50-100 more than it was in November. Lots of the stuff I recognized from last April, last November and still had it today, just marked higher. Haha

SoonerEd
04-08-2024, 12:05 AM
I was in Tulsa but couldn't go to the show.

Electrod47
04-08-2024, 10:42 AM
Spent 2 days with a pal November before last..I enjoyed it..bought a couple guns..it was exhausting, fun and the 13 dollar "Chicken on a Stick" was actually worth it. Bucket List checked.

jdgabbard
04-08-2024, 12:06 PM
Spent 2 days with a pal November before last..I enjoyed it..bought a couple guns..it was exhausting, fun and the 13 dollar "Chicken on a Stick" was actually worth it. Bucket List checked.

I had both lunch and dinner there. One was a $10 hamburger and coke. The second a $12 pulled pork sandwich and coke. Both were absolutely worth it. Walking around looking at guns with a burger in one hand and soda in the other. I felt like a kid in a candy store.

Brassmonkey
04-08-2024, 12:33 PM
I was there, should have packed a lunch, was not impressed with the two tiny hands burger that I ate in three bites. Got a sweet deal on some brass, almost bought a rifle but it was $100 more than I wanted to spend.

jdgabbard
04-08-2024, 12:57 PM
I was there, should have packed a lunch, was not impressed with the two tiny hands burger that I ate in three bites. Got a sweet deal on some brass, almost bought a rifle but it was $100 more than I wanted to spend.

The hamburger place on the north side of the lower level had some decent sized burgers. That's where I got mine. Still $10... But it wasn't bad.

Brassmonkey
04-08-2024, 01:24 PM
The hamburger place on the north side of the lower level had some decent sized burgers. That's where I got mine. Still $10... But it wasn't bad.

Yeah the TWO HANDS BURGERS! Maybe two tiny Trump hands lol. I know I’m a jerk I have no problem paying $10 or even $15 for a burger but if I was blindfolded I would have thought it came from McDonald’s. I’m not very happy about it.
Saw lots of people holding a $4.50 bottle of water complaining about the prices of stuff they actually went there to buy.

jdgabbard
04-08-2024, 03:14 PM
Yeah the TWO HANDS BURGERS! Maybe two tiny Trump hands lol. I know I’m a jerk I have no problem paying $10 or even $15 for a burger but if I was blindfolded I would have thought it came from McDonald’s. I’m not very happy about it.
Saw lots of people holding a $4.50 bottle of water complaining about the prices of stuff they actually went there to buy.

Meh, it wasn't bad. Beats the prices at the Tulsa State Fair (also at the same location). Of course at the Tulsa State Fair you can get a Jalapeno, Peanut Butter & Blue Cheese Cheese Burger with Krispy Kreme Donut Buns battered and deep fried. Chocolate covered pickles ain't bad either...

As for gunshow prices, best deal I ever got was a case of 1000rds 45acp 230gr FMJ for $120 or $150 back in 2012. Basically, I think the kid had the prices mixed up and sold me a case for what was supposed to be the price for 500rds. I'm pretty sure the owner of that table was pretty upset, because there was a LOT of us buying that stuff. If I'd had a dolly I would have bought three more cases... Point being, I've never found great deals at a gunshow unless they were sold at a particular price by accident.