PDA

View Full Version : Lee Bullet Sizing Kit

fn1889m
04-01-2024, 11:39 AM
I use the older Lee bullet sizing system that pushes the bullets up into the red plastic container. It’s not fancy, but I only tumble lube. It works. However, I see that Lee has a new kit out that appears to do the same thing differently - with changeable sizing dies but one die holder for all of them. Is the new system any better than the old system? And is the old system still in production?

Finster101
04-01-2024, 11:59 AM
If you decide to go the route of changeable inserts look at NOE. They have had them for quite a while and in my opinion with a better finish. I have a few of the old Lee push through dies and still use them but when I needed to add some new ones went with the NOE setup and glad I did.

WILCO
04-01-2024, 12:29 PM
The 2023 catalog shows both sizing systems.
One is geared towards the breech lock press.
The other works on anything.
I'm sticking with the Lee Classic bullet sizing system.

Walter Laich
04-01-2024, 01:45 PM
The 2023 catalog shows both sizing systems.
One is geared towards the breech lock press.
The other works on anything.
I'm sticking with the Lee Classic bullet sizing system.

When I went from lube to PC I invested in a number of these ▲

I use them in an inverted press so all I have to do is drop the bullet in the opening and work the handle. much easier than trying to balance the bullet on the litter ram that comes with the kit.

catch the bullets through a tube that runs into a plastic tube

even built a ramp that allows the bullet to slide down and into the hole--this is as much an art as it is a science to get the timing right but it works great and sizes a bunch of bullets in a hurry

popper
04-01-2024, 03:43 PM
The NOE has an edge to do the sizing (at least the original), basically a tapered hole. Doesn't work well for me. Using nose sizer in the body, ya can't pull the bullet out easy (and held in with a set screw and SMALL ledge). I stick to the original Lee.