PDA

View Full Version : BT Snipers 44 bullets.

acemedic13
02-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Let me Start this off with..WOW!!! I shot 3 of these loaded with 20.4 gr. of h-110, with a mag pistol primer. They were point of aim out of my 8 3/8 629 at 50 yards. I recovered one of the bullets from the berm. It was BETTER than almost any factory bullet I have ever fired. It was the perfect textbook petal, and shroom shape. Awesome bullet Brian. Thanks for sending those. I will be putting one in a hog soon.......Real soon. I will call you later with more details on this. Joel

BT Sniper
02-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Awsome! Thanks Joel. Glad they shot well. Trying to build an inventory now. Kind of tough when I enjoy shooting them too. Will have some in the same designs in different calibers soon.

Got a new design with a plastic tip that should be awsome for those troublesome hogs down there.

I have been using W296 powder in my mag, suposedly almost the same burn rate as the h-110. Glad to see your starting load was within the same loads I use.

Got to love this hobby.

Brian

acemedic13
02-19-2009, 08:50 PM
The other two rounds went through the top of the berm and are lodged in some downed logs/trees I have back there just for that reason. The holes look like they were made by a flying ashtray! The round's appear to have almost doubled in size as they passed through. The round I did recover is one evil looking ****!! It did everything you said it would. Really cool bullet with bad-ass terminal ballistic's. Can't say enough good stuff about them. Accurate, hard hitting, and expand like a fat girl's butt on a bike seat. I am going to load three of each of the others and see what they do. I am really excited to see them perform. Proud to be part of the project......Even it is just shooting them. Take care and thanks again. Joel

BT Sniper
02-19-2009, 09:32 PM
:lol: Fat girl's but on bicycle seat. LMAO!

Will have new designs for you to try out soon.

Take no prisoners with those hogs down:Fire: there.

Good Hunting

wonderwolf
02-21-2009, 02:43 AM
Sounds interesting....Did I miss some pics? What are you using for the tips? and whats the design if you don't mind me asking? I have 5 .44mags I feed and am just starting to swage for them. (The S&W .44mag in my profile pic to the left I wore out if that tells you how much I shoot them.)

BT Sniper
02-21-2009, 05:24 AM
Alot of pics of some designs I have been working on in the "size of hollow point" and "40 S&W to .429" threads. The bullet Ace was shooting was made from a 40 S&W jacket with a notched tip and hollow point, weight was 253 grains.

With 5 .44 mags your going to need alot of bullets. Swaging is the way to go. Have made over 1 thou approaching 2 real soon with still more supplies on the way. Good luck. Allot of helpful people here and a great sight.

Good shooting,

Brian

wonderwolf
02-22-2009, 12:54 AM
Swaging is the way I'm going for special bullets I can't get a mold for readily or try a different weight or design. Making 135gr plinkers, 180gr plinkers and some heavier bullets are what i'm messing with now. i've figured a great way to make 2 jackets out of 1 40S&W case. cutting 3/10 off the top of a 40S&W case allows you to use the top portion for a 180ish gr open base bullet so long as you fold the base over so as not to loose the jacket in the bbl or you could canalure it. Then the lower portion is made into a 250gr bullet. Seems to have worked well so far at least with the round nose tip form.

With all the work making jackets and cores I still prefer casting for production as I'm a hardcore 429421 fan. I'm interested in the notching you speak of for your HP

BT Sniper
02-22-2009, 03:55 AM
Joel,

Curious, what was the recovered weight?
Good hunting

Wolf,

Notching the jacket was fairly easy, again posted how to's on the notched jacket thread. Only took alittle cut to get 6 nice petels.

acemedic13
02-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Hey Brian, the recovered weight on the boolit was 225.7 gr. The loaded weight was 252.8 It left a hole over 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Thats good stuff. Held together really well. Over 90% of the round is still on my desk in one piece. Them's some bad dudes!!

Three44s
02-23-2009, 11:29 PM
I just stumbled onto this discussion ....... when I visit the swaging section I always check the jackets from .22 rf and that's about it .......... BUT when someone whispers something about .......... 44s .......... I'm all over it like a CHEAP SUIT!

I like your pics BT Sniper ......... not trying to rain on your parade ..... but one of your slugs ... a soft point reminded of a factory bullet .......... the Speer 270 gr. Gold dot .....

Have you shot these and if so how do they compare to your penetrators?

I have not used the XTP's in .44 yet ......... but have in .41 ....... and though it's apples to oranges ....... the Speer 270 gold dot is very impressive in the penetration department ..... much more so than the XTP 210 gr. .41 mag loads were.

I am rather taken back by the MUCH lower cost of CH dies ...... a fellow on another forum told me repeatedly that dealing with CH ..... he got the personal touch from the owner no less ......... was outstanding!!!

You got me WIDE EYED here ...........

Keep up the good work!

Three 44s

BT Sniper
02-24-2009, 02:48 AM
Joel, I recovered the same bullets from wet paper at about 230 grains. Glad to see they held the same weight against dirt. Don't think the boars down there stand a chance.

344s, Have not shot the speer gold dot. My 44 is a semi auto so feeding is a concern. All the reports I read for my gun recomended the XTP's for this reason is all.

Good shooting guys will keep you updated.

Took inventory, I have 1300 .429 bullets so far. Three different designs all weight sorted +or- .5 grain. Almost enough to fill my brass if I stop shooting them so much.

Thanks fro the replies, more to come,

Brian

BT Sniper
03-05-2009, 03:08 AM
Thought I might update some pics. Have been working up new designs and have more to share soon.

scrapcan
03-05-2009, 11:21 AM
BT

Very nice. lloks like they perform ok too.

BT Sniper
03-05-2009, 12:44 PM
One of my better groups shot with the thin brass jacketed bullet pictured above. Granted it was only 10 yrds. Need to start testing at longer range, just haven't been able to get out latly.

Good shooting