PDA

View Full Version : Primer Sealer

Randy
02-19-2009, 05:45 PM
Just a heads up for anyone wanting to seal the primers of their loads, I have found a source for the red lacquer sealant
Dunbar Sales
888-426-5765
Ask for MIL-A-388A sealant
they will sell by the quart or the gallon.

dubber123
02-19-2009, 07:52 PM
Great for a first post! Any idea on how much? I have thought of doing this for foul weather loads. Thanks.

Randy
02-19-2009, 08:07 PM
99 bucks a gallon plus all the other incidental charges.

mooman76
02-19-2009, 08:48 PM
Finger nail polish will work too! Your chice of colors!

bearmn56
02-19-2009, 10:06 PM
I use a sealant that comes from Testors Candy Apple red spray paint in the little spray can that I get from the toy section of Wal-Mart. I spray a small amount into a white plastic pill bottle (this plastic is not affected by solvents) and thin it with acetone to a light consistency. I put some on the edge of the primer and capillary action pulls it around for a perfect seal. I do the bullets the same way (after letting them "rest" over night as seating the bullet causes some pressure to build up causing bubbles in the sealant if the pressure is not allowed to bleed off). If I get too much on a primer or bullet, I use a cloth dampened with acetone and wipe away the excess. One little can lasts for years. I load a couple hundered rounds per year that I seal for hunting or foul weather.
Bearmn56
Montana Territory