PDA

View Full Version : Lube groves on a jaketed bullet?

BT Sniper
02-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Curious what may happen if we ran our bullets swaged from pistol brass with the extraction grove still on it threw a lube die to fill the extraction grove with bullet lube? This idea was brought up by another so can't take credit but it actually sounds cool if it would have any advantages. I have no experiance shooting lubed cast bullets so some insight would be appricated.

Great sight guys, keep the ideas coming.

Kuato
02-19-2009, 07:44 PM
You could always try pan lubing the bullets..Since the extractor groove is close to the bottom of the projectile, you shouldn't need alot of lube to fill them.. Great work on your notched jackets BTW!

rockrat
02-19-2009, 07:51 PM
Or tumble them in some thinned LLA!! Gonna try some with a moly lube coating on my .380" bullets for my 38-72

yondering
02-20-2009, 01:28 AM
Sometimes guys shooting subsonic jacketed rifle loads (through suppressors) lube the barrel to keep bullets from sticking; this could be an alternative to doing that. I think it's mostly for the larger cases like 308 & 30-06.

Ballard
02-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Ross Seyfried, I believe, experimented with lubing jacketed bullets with grooves. Don't remember if it was the Barnes, or the North Fork.