PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show this weekend

abunaitoo
03-12-2024, 05:16 PM
Our semi yearly Gun Show is this weekend.
Been scrambling to find stuff to sell, and probably have way to much packed.
Always the case.
But hoping to come home with empty bins.
Should be as fun as it always is.
Not looking for anything, but never know what I might find.
Just hope I don't spend more that I sell.

littlejack
03-12-2024, 06:05 PM
Hoping you find some treasures you can't live without.

Idz
03-12-2024, 07:46 PM
Probably no more gun shows in New Mexico as the Governor has implemented background checks for all purchases and a seven day waiting period. Even though her laws directly violate the New Mexico Constitution she doesn't care since the AG and judges are all political hacks.

abunaitoo
03-13-2024, 11:51 PM
I sure the dem gooberment is thinking of ways to end it here also.
They already are making things inconvenient and uncomfortable at the only public range on island.
They tried to shut it down, but it backfired on them.
Reclamation.
They would have to remove all the lead, from almost 100 years of shooting, in the whole area.
It would be almost the whole tip of the island.
Cost would be in the billions of millions of dollars, and there would be a time limit to get it done.
The whole area would be shut down until done.
Not sure if anyone is familiar with the area, but Sandy beach, Hanauma bay, the whole highway along the coast, and many homes, schools, other parks, are in the affected area.
So now that the feds are aware of it, we're hoping it will never close down.
But the gooberment here is doing everything they can to discourage the public from using it.

Hometek
03-14-2024, 11:08 PM
Probably no more gun shows in New Mexico as the Governor has implemented background checks for all purchases and a seven day waiting period. Even though her laws directly violate the New Mexico Constitution she doesn't care since the AG and judges are all political hacks.

Here in Colorado we have mandatory background checks and 3 day waiting period. It sucks but hasn't seemed to make a huge difference. Everyone just adapts. What is crazy is that it's not going to make a bit of difference in the crime rate just make life harder for all the decent people.

elmacgyver0
03-14-2024, 11:37 PM
Thing have gotten better where I live, the state of Iowa.
We went from mostly liberal control to mostly conservative control, don't ask me how that happened.
I guess a lot of people here woke up, don't get me wrong, there are still a lot of liberal morons.
A few years ago, we even legalized suppressors and SBRs go figure.
We can even shoot off fireworks a couple hours a year, oh goody!

Rapier
03-15-2024, 03:35 PM
Active shooting ranges are exempt from cleanup regulations by federal law. Clinton tried the same crap finally Congress stepped in and stripped active ranges from his boys applying EPA land fill cleanup formulas to active ranges. Check, you can find the statutes.

abunaitoo
03-18-2024, 03:42 PM
I made it through another show.
So much fun, but tired now.
Many old faces weren't there.
Kind of sad.
I did ok.
Didn't sell all that much, but did make some money, even with what I spent.
Picked up a box of reloading tools.
Lyman turret, powder drop (both look unused), trimmer, .223 case gauge, RCBS trickler, 30.06 and .308 die sets. $165
Some books, and other stuff I don't need.
One is a old ARCO Carbine Handbook.
Lots of pictures and information in it.
A funny story.
On the same table I got the box of tools, I spotted a RCBS 11.15x58R Werndel die set.
Looked unused, and included a lyman shell holder and a Neck expander.
Have no real use for it, but at $20, I'm sure I'd find someone that might need it.
On Sunday afternoon a friend stopped by and asked if I was the one who bought the dies.
He said he saw it, but figured no one would need it, so he was waiting till the end of the show to buy it.
He does have a rifle and does reload for it.
When he saw it sold, he was wondering who else would be reloading for something like that, or even have that rifle.
I was one of the few on the list.
He's going to come and pick it up later this week.

Bent Ramrod
03-19-2024, 05:46 PM
I'm always amazed at the Stuff you manage to unearth on those eight little islands. I go all over the Southwest and can't find some of that Stuff.

Your friend saved you the expense of buying a Werndl so you could use those loading dies. I've bought rifles just so I could use the loading dies I found for cheep.

Shawlerbrook
03-19-2024, 05:56 PM
Here in NYS, the mandatory checks for all gun sales didn’t seem to affect gun shows but the crazy background check for all ammo sales has put a damper on at least the shows I have attended. Hate to get political, but if November goes bad it will become the law of the land.

abunaitoo
03-20-2024, 04:22 AM
This is what I got in the box.