PDA

View Full Version : Midwest reloads is it a scam?

Plate plinker
03-08-2024, 07:12 PM
Anybody know anything about these guys?

Barry54
03-08-2024, 07:16 PM
Does it seem too good to be true? Do they have lots of items out of stock elsewhere? No quantity limit? Accept digital currency only/no credit cards? Likely a scam.

The website I went to has 134 8 lb jugs of green dot in stock. 134 Blue Dot in stock too...

Pay through zelle and product ships the next day...

I wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole!

Minerat
03-08-2024, 07:58 PM
If it is this place they take credit cards and pay pal according to the banner at the bottom of the home page. But they are not in the Harlan Iowa business yellow pages. I'd be leary. $85 for cci mag rifle primers seems a little too good to be true as they are unobtainum wherever I've looked.

https://midwestreloads.com/

redhawk0
03-08-2024, 08:24 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS with them....I was scammed $265 for primers....their shipping company is a sham too.

redhawk

MaryB
03-08-2024, 10:13 PM
https://www.scamadviser.com/check-website/midwestreloads.com run away very fast

Zelle and cash app as primary payment, if you want to use paypal contact them which is bogus, paypal has payment buttons so I bet they ask for family and friends only.

Plate plinker
03-09-2024, 12:25 AM
Yep my scam radar was going off. Thanks guys

MrWolf
03-09-2024, 09:16 AM
Latest attempts at scamming us has the sites accepting credit cards but AFTER you place the order getting an email,stating to cut costs, etc that they now only accept Zelle, etc. If in doubt at all, don't order. Just not worth it.

poorman
03-09-2024, 09:23 AM
https://www.bbb.org/us/ia/harlan/profile/not-elsewhere-classified/midwest-reloads-0714-600005988

Big Tom
03-09-2024, 10:15 AM
I always look for the physical address and look at it on google street view. Then verify the phone number and make sure they accept credit card or other scam protected payment methods. Last, but not least https://www.scamadviser.com and google for the phone number... More technical, but a check of the "whois" entry will show when the site was registered.

Domain name was created on 2023-02-01, so does not match the story on the website (started in 2010)
The tiny icon for their website shows a "wordpress" logo - no serious company owner would leave it that way.
The site is hosted by a cheap hosting provider (https://www.h4g.co) and I recommend emailing abuse.support@h4g.co to complain about the scammer on their systems and if you want to take it to the next level, contact the FBI and file a complaint...

Here's a first hand experience report regarding them: https://www.scampulse.com/gun-ammunition-scam-reviews

FISH4BUGS
03-09-2024, 12:38 PM
If they use payment methods that are not scam protected, like a credit card, it is a scam. Period.

maxreloader
03-09-2024, 02:13 PM
Just an FYI... if you use a credit card to pay with "Friends and Family" with PayPal you will be charged the fees that a seller would... BUT you CAN charge-back I the brown stuff hits the fan. ;-)

.429&H110
03-09-2024, 02:27 PM
Do these scammers ever get justice?

Plate plinker
03-09-2024, 03:55 PM
Do these scammers ever get justice?

Not often enough. Hate scammers we need to bring back hangings for them.

Big Tom
03-10-2024, 10:27 AM
I like the tar and feather thing much more, but agree...

Wag
03-10-2024, 11:08 AM
I did some digging on this one a while back and can only conclude that they are a scam.

--Wag--

vintovka
03-10-2024, 11:26 AM
I always wonder since Hazmat is involved IF they ship why UPS or Fedex doesn't step in???

Plate plinker
03-10-2024, 11:58 AM
I always wonder since Hazmat is involved IF they ship why UPS or Fedex doesn't step in???

You mean to shut down the scam? Guessing there are so many out there it just never ends and they can't spend the time or resources to help???? Or the businesses believe it is the work for the law dogs.

jsizemore
03-10-2024, 12:50 PM

If the scammer doesn't ship anything, how can UPS/FEDEX be involved?

.429&H110
03-11-2024, 12:01 AM
Being an honest man, maybe naive, I would think I would be quickly jailed and fined.
But there are more and more thieves, not less. Have we lost the Rule of Law?
We ruined the telephone, nobody will answer one.
I had to write to my daughter to tell her my new tracphone number.
Remember mail? That letter took a week and two days, AZ to MD.
USPS has ponies again? Slow ponies at that...

poppy42
03-11-2024, 03:42 AM
Kinda hard to punish a scammer if ya can’t catch them! Send them money via PayPal, within 30 min they have it on cash it’s gone! Ya complain, PayPal closes the account. So what they open a different one! The only way to stop them is to stop falling for it! If a deal is to good to be true, it probably is! No address, ph#, they don’t take cc, only take PayPal or zel or whatever it’s called, IT’S A SCAM! If it’s the only place to find an item, and the price is lower than market, IT’S A SCAM! Real business don’t operate like that! Stop falling for it and they will stop trying, at least for a while. Just like the old Nigerian prince scam. You don’t here about that so much in a while. Unfortunately PT Barnum nailed it when he said “There’s a sucker born every minute, and two to take his money”.

Buzz Krumhunger
03-11-2024, 06:01 AM
Midwestreloads is a scam

Shawlerbrook
03-11-2024, 06:31 AM
We are not punishing and jailing people that the police catch stealing, mugging and committing violent crimes so scams like this are even further done the priority list. They are so common that I am to the point that if I even have to ask I am walking away.

ddeck22
03-11-2024, 07:42 AM
I will also assume that most of these scams are originating outside of the US, so the ability to arrest the people gets even more complicated.

Moleman-
03-11-2024, 07:56 AM
There are even fake scams for trusted companies. Marlin Firearms keeps having one pop up. My son found a 357 Dark a couple years ago NIB and luckily mentioned it before he bought it. Had to break it to him the site he was looking on keeps getting taken down because it's a scam. They were even selling some winchesters listed as marlins. Also last fall was looking at 375Win brass and found it instock at starline, or at least what I thought was starline until noticing that everything was in stock and at a great price. Both of those sites only took cashapp/zelle/PP/venmo/bitcoin.

Plate plinker
03-11-2024, 09:45 AM
I will also assume that most of these scams are originating outside of the US, so the ability to arrest the people gets even more complicated.

Yes Sir! That is surely the reason most of this activity continues.

Mods, do we have a thread that list know scam websites for our members to reference?

abunaitoo
03-12-2024, 05:39 PM
Anyone here live close to them.
Maybe go over there are check them out for us.
If it sounds to goo to be true, it probably is.
Unless they are like evil bay sellers, that pack on the handling charges, to make up the difference.

35 Rem
03-12-2024, 07:10 PM
They have way too many items in stock that are rarely available in most places. One such is IMR 4320 powder - a favorite of mine - but was discontinued years ago. Also all their IMR 8lb powder cans are about $200 cheaper than legitimate sources. I'd love for their prices to be true but they can't be. Also they have a BUNCH of LR primers and we all know the likelihood of that. I would run from these guys.

elmacgyver0
03-12-2024, 07:26 PM

I like the tar and feather thing much more, but agree...

How about "compromise"?

After tar and feathering, run them out of town on a rail straight to the hanging tree.

fiberoptik
03-12-2024, 08:17 PM
Arg! Walk de plank matey!

elmacgyver0
03-12-2024, 08:27 PM
Arg! Walk de plank matey!

That works too...providing you have some hungry sharks.

lx2008
03-15-2024, 11:22 AM
there are several sites like this. if you look closely, you`ll notice the sites look exactly the same maybe diff. color background.
they always seem to have a "chat" pop-up on the lower right side of site. contact info is ALMOST ALWAYS just an email.
and the payment options are all zelle, venmo & the like. basically if they dont take a credit card, its a sham/scam site.
and more likely than not, every bit of reloading hazmat is instock & way cheaper.

farmbif
03-15-2024, 12:14 PM
over the years ive learned though my mistakes and when buying reloading supplies ive found it wise to only buy from just a few places that includes, mid south shooters supply, Grafs , powder valley, midway, ballistic products and places like norma usa and nosler or direct from hogdon seems like a sure thing although ive yet to try this. if you cant put your hands on it and pay for it before you walk out the door this is a way to stay safe. if something seems too good to be true it probably is

salpal48
03-15-2024, 12:43 PM
just remember "Think with You head not with any other body parts"

nicholst55
03-15-2024, 01:22 PM
Being an honest man, maybe naive, I would think I would be quickly jailed and fined.
But there are more and more thieves, not less. Have we lost the Rule of Law?
We ruined the telephone, nobody will answer one.
I had to write to my daughter to tell her my new tracphone number.
Remember mail? That letter took a week and two days, AZ to MD.
USPS has ponies again? Slow ponies at that...

Yes, we as a nation have lost the rule of law. The Pittsburgh, PA police will now not respond to anything other than violent felonies, and not even those from 3:00 AM to 7:00 AM because their dispatch office is unmanned during that time! Thank liberal Demonrat commies (but I repeat myself) for that.

farmbif
03-15-2024, 01:46 PM
Yes, we as a nation have lost the rule of law. The Pittsburgh, PA police will now not respond to anything other than violent felonies, and not even those from 3:00 AM to 7:00 AM because their dispatch office is unmanned during that time! Thank liberal Demonrat commies (but I repeat myself) for that.

I would think commie police would just shoot em and be done with it

BrassMagnet
03-15-2024, 02:27 PM
I would think commie police would just shoot em and be done with it

Yes!
Our police fire warning shots.
Commies shoot the suspects and let that be a warning for the rest!

ddeck22
03-29-2024, 08:19 AM
I recently purchased from two smaller reloading companies because they had good deals on primers. I checked the sites thoroughly, made sure that they allowed cc purchases and checked other forums to see if they were legitimate. Both were fine and the products arrived and work fine. Turns out they were ammo remanufacturing companies that had bought out another company and just had excess to sell off.

Thom_44
03-29-2024, 02:12 PM
Right now anyone claiming to have Red Dot or Promo or Unique in stock is most likely a scammer.

Even more so when the creation date on the bottom of the website main page is THE CURRENT DATE.