PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Customer Service is #1

mtgrs737
02-19-2009, 11:03 AM
I have been fine tuning my Ruger Vaquero 45 long Colt load, this envolves sizing the 250gr. boolit to .453" to match the cylinder throats. I measured the expanding plug on my RCBS die set and found it measured .499" . I was concerned that I might be sizing the soft lead sluge down a bit when seating he boolit (you can see the lube ring inpressions through the brass case). So I emailed RCBS Customer Service about getting a larger replacement expander/decapper plug for my die set. It took about two days for an answer but I got an email that said they were sending me one free of charge! Now, I made it clear that this was not a defective part, but one that did not fill my special need of .001" to .002" undersized. No matter, they cheerfully replied that they would be happy to send a new one. I have had a few other dealings with RCBS over the years and it has always been the same, no problems, no charge, even when it is not their fault. You have to hand it to a company that treats it customers this well.

EMC45
02-19-2009, 11:18 AM
They always have treated me quite well!

badgeredd
02-19-2009, 12:30 PM
Their customer service is the number one reason that I buy their products. Often they are higher than almost everyone else, but the lack of problems when it comes to their service makes it all worth it, at least IMO.

I like their reloading dies the best of anyone's, but I sure wish their less common calibers were cheaper.

Edd

Ben
02-19-2009, 01:38 PM
mtgrs737:

Is .499 a " typo ", surely your expander plug ( the portion that enters the case and preps it for a cast bullet ) wasn't .499 ?

I can see .449 " as a dia. for an expnader plug for 45 Colt, but not .499.

Regardless, I agree that RCBS customer service can't be beat !

Ben

R.C. Hatter
02-19-2009, 02:01 PM
RCBS has always provided me with excellent customer service. I once sent a Rock Chucker press back to them because I'd worn the ram till it developed excessive sideplay. I told them it had given excellent service and I wanted to have a new tight fitting ram installed, and would pay for it. They sent me a new Rock Chucker press free of charge. Another time, I returned a well used .30/06 sizer die to them to be polished out as it was scratching cases. They sent me a new sizer die at no cost. Nobody in the reloading industry beats them for service.

wtpacker
02-19-2009, 02:18 PM
I sent RCBS some fired cases for them to make a set of .218 Improved dies. Years later, I had case life problems and they said "send them to us with some more fired cases". About six weeks later, a NEW set of dies arrived, complete with a neck-sizing die... no charge. All my die sets come in green boxes. WTPacker

Catshooter
02-19-2009, 10:09 PM
RCBS taught Dillon what customer service is . . . and Dillon is still learning.

Cat

mtgrs737
02-20-2009, 12:21 AM
mtgrs737:

Is .499 a " typo ", surely your expander plug ( the portion that enters the case and preps it for a cast bullet ) wasn't .499 ?

I can see .449 " as a dia. for an expnader plug for 45 Colt, but not .499.

Regardless, I agree that RCBS customer service can't be beat !

Ben

Ops! You are right! That measurement was .4495 and not .499" like I typed. Thanks for the correcting my error. (I have got to start proof reading my posts!)

Shiloh
02-20-2009, 12:22 AM
They always have treated me quite well!

I agree 100%. I needed some parts, a .303 British expander for my .30-40 Krag, and a .223 for an expander and stem that I trashed removing a stuck case.

I offered my credit card # and told them these parts were my own alterations, and from my own carelessness. I was happy to pay. RCBS wouldn't here of it.

Shiloh

mtgrs737
02-20-2009, 12:24 AM
Wow! What glowing reports! I was hoping it wasn't just me! Can you just imagine what it would be like if all companies were like RCBS!!

cbrick
02-20-2009, 01:17 AM
Wow! What glowing reports! I was hoping it wasn't just me! Can you just imagine what it would be like if all companies were like RCBS!!

NO no, not just you. That's been my experience with RCBS since I started reloading about 50 years ago. I called them a few years ago and told them that I had a couple of sprue plates for RCBS moulds that had warped and I'd like to know how much for new ones? He said "nuthin", how many do you want? Well. three would be nice! Ok, large hole or small? Well, two large and one small? In three days they were in the mail box.

All companies? Hardly, what a shame Redding is the exact opposite with their customer service.

Rick

1911sw45
02-21-2009, 03:32 PM
Yeah I bought a 38-148-wc with handles off ebay. Some one put a roll pin in one side and sank it below the surface. I tried to drill it out and broke off the bill in the roll pin. I ended up braking the side of the mould out trying to get it out. Sent it to RCBS and they send me a new one, and I told them I broke it myself. Dang good company!

Adam
1911sw45

cheese1566
02-21-2009, 03:38 PM
I thought it was all rumors....

Then they sent me all new parts for my second hand purchased AmmoMaster-Auto, including all the parts for the powder apparatus and primer mechanisms-even new primer tubes. They included everything except shellplates and the Uniflow.

I know what I am buying in the future!

Geraldo
02-21-2009, 03:38 PM
The only problem with RCBS that I had was that their phone was always busy. I got my issue resolved by email, but I could not talk to them.

Catshooter
02-21-2009, 04:55 PM
That's the reason my loading bench is all green!

Cat

Capn Jack
03-14-2009, 12:45 PM
[smilie=1: OK, as long as everyone else is "Fessen'UP".[smilie=1:
I stuck a .35 Rem. case in my new dies and really buggered things up trying to get it out, to the point where I was going to throw away the die I had "ruined". As a last resort I sent it to RCBS asking if anything could be done and they sent me a replacement, free of charge.:drinks:

Mtman314
03-19-2009, 01:45 AM
When I started reloading I wasn't sure what I wanted to start with as a brand and I looked around at presses and picked out what was the heavier press in my eyes at the time. I've had one stuck case out of twelve years and by the way my bench is all green. Though I'm considering adding some red and a little yellow. I plan to stay mostly green. I haven't had any trouble at all, other than when I was resizing some 30-06 military not wanting to go into the trim case holder. Since I had a spare one, a tap with a hammer on it on my anvil fixed that accordingly. Now I got one marked mil 3 and one marked 3.

primersp
03-19-2009, 04:40 AM
i have bought a second hand lubamatic the die retainer nut was worn
i ask to the french importator ,i wait still his answer
i mail my problem to their customer service ,proposing to charge my card for the post
and the nut ,they send me a new one at no charge.
great .

Shepherd2
03-19-2009, 06:20 AM
Not everyone has such good luck with RCBS customer service. I sent them an email with a question several weeks ago. I never have received an answer. After a lot of surfing on the net I found my answer without them.

OTOH I once sent them a broken hand priming tool. It was discontinued so them sent me the new model as a replacement.

part_timer
03-19-2009, 09:20 AM
I buggered up the threads on my luba/sizer and they sent me one no charge. I explained it was my fault but they didn't care and sent it out. You just have to be patient, their email requests take a week or so to get a responce.