PDA

View Full Version : NOE molds on sale

hc18flyer
03-05-2024, 11:14 PM
NOE has 'in stock' molds off 20%. I am fighting the urge to buy another! Maybe I could sell a couple to justify it, huuuum? Many things are considered a 'disease', boolet casting surely qualifies! hc18flyer

hylander
03-06-2024, 02:43 AM
I see.
And I just ordered one last week

Barry54
03-06-2024, 07:34 AM
I saw the sale email. Went looking for a good wide flat nose design. Something 30-30 appropriate. Useful for hunting...

Didn’t see one. All the flat nose designs I clicked to open looked like a spitzer with the tip clipped off. Saw a round nose hollow point close to what I was after, but the hollow point was out of stock.

Woodtroll
03-06-2024, 08:16 AM
The "in stock" part is the catch. I've had a 45 Colt mould in my cart for a year now, just a Keith-type SWC, but in that time it has never been in stock. I've had that same experience with other moulds from NOE. They're great moulds, but the ones I want never seem to be available.

jdgabbard
03-06-2024, 11:14 AM
^^^ Same.

It seems like any time there is a good general purpose mold that sold out Al simply doesn't bother making any more of them. I even contacted them about doing a one-off (something they actually have a product on the web store for). Didn't even get a response by email.... That was months ago....

Wooserco
03-06-2024, 07:04 PM
That's why after buying a lead thermometer from them and seeing the Tel-Tru logo at the bottom, I haven't looked at their molds. I'm just getting back into casting after a number of years away (last time that I cast, WW were all lead and free from the local tire store, donuts and/or beer not needed).

I'm seriously considering an MP mold for the caliber that I cast for most: the H&G #50 button nose wadcutter. See my previous post regarding the difference in price between his mold and that from Lee. Years ago, I had this mold in the Ideal (not Lyman) configuration and my early teen son and I shot hundreds of them each weekend on my buddy's home range (son is now 40, what does that say???)

jdgabbard
03-07-2024, 12:09 AM
That's why after buying a lead thermometer from them and seeing the Tel-Tru logo at the bottom, I haven't looked at their molds. I'm just getting back into casting after a number of years away (last time that I cast, WW were all lead and free from the local tire store, donuts and/or beer not needed).

I'm seriously considering an MP mold for the caliber that I cast for most: the H&G #50 button nose wadcutter. See my previous post regarding the difference in price between his mold and that from Lee. Years ago, I had this mold in the Ideal (not Lyman) configuration and my early teen son and I shot hundreds of them each weekend on my buddy's home range (son is now 40, what does that say???)

You won't be upset with a purchase from MP, but for maybe not buying another mold to match your first one... I own about a dozen MP molds now. They are works of art in their own right.

vagrantviking
03-07-2024, 12:04 PM
^^^ Same.

It seems like any time there is a good general purpose mold that sold out Al simply doesn't bother making any more of them. I even contacted them about doing a one-off (something they actually have a product on the web store for). Didn't even get a response by email.... That was months ago....

This has been my experience too. Out of stock designs that I can't find anywhere else. No response to inquiries about availability...

jdgabbard
03-07-2024, 12:08 PM
This has been my experience too. Out of stock designs that I can't find anywhere else. No response to inquiries about availability...

Yup. I hate to say it, as he used to be very active on Cast Boolits, but I've taken my business elsewhere. Not because I dislike him or his products. Just because he never stocks the stuff he makes, and I need, and is completely nonresponsive.

Mihec has my business these days. If I need something Custom, I'll reach out to Accurate.

DeadWoodDan
03-07-2024, 09:31 PM
I purchase from multiple mfgs over the years. Saw the sale and couldn't log in or reset my password. Took twice but Al answered as expected. He fixed me up so I could order under my account. Not justifying or implying any comments above but my experience was positive. I will add like all industries Al is having a hard time with workforce. To that as we spoke he did something most won't during the last few yrs he overstocked on material. So as if I understand him he is literally a one man shop currently. I understand like anyone when you want something you want it. Good luck and I appreciate those who have gave us more options than never before.