PDA

View Full Version : Thanks No 1.

dverna
03-04-2024, 05:01 PM
I frequent a tractor site that has become unbearable. There are pop up ads continuously. The owner of that site is trying to make some income, but the ads are spoiling the experience for many members. These ads pop up in the middle of thread and on every page as you scroll through a thread.

Some of the ads are awful. One had two guys kissing. What kind of moron thinks that is a good ad to put on a tractor site?

I like that our ads are at the top and we can breeze by them. And I appreciate we have not gone "woke".

This site remains easy and pleasant to use.

Nice job!!

elmacgyver0
03-04-2024, 05:03 PM
Ditto

schutzen-jager
03-04-2024, 05:14 PM
double ditto - used to actively participate in 9+ firearms + knives forums, this is my only regularly monitored + contributed to - well run + administered to + so far never a problem with any poster -

Hogtamer
03-04-2024, 05:55 PM
Amen!

Brassmonkey
03-04-2024, 06:04 PM
Ads are a necessary evil. I too appreciate not getting blasted by them every few seconds here.

Handloader109
03-04-2024, 06:38 PM
Did you guys know WOKE was an acronym?
Willfully Overlooking Known Evil

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

MUSTANG
03-04-2024, 06:45 PM
+1 on the observation and appreciation to the Site for judicious Ad placement. I have been using Weather Underground for my weather prognostication needs for at least 10 years. I am about to abandon it because Google has bought the out and the ads are constantly blocking the content, radar/satellite images, the hourly forecast, etc.. That site has become almost useless because of the Ad structure.

sigep1764
03-05-2024, 01:26 AM
Very much appreciate how this site is run. Thank you for providing the space for knowledge.

quack1
03-05-2024, 08:45 AM
Another +1 on how the site is run and ad placement. Much appreciated.

Mustang, I use Weather Underground daily. There are ads at the beginning, along the side and at the bottom. Annoying, but none encroach over any content. Could your ad problem be caused by your browser? I use Firefox.

tigweldit
03-05-2024, 09:11 AM
This is the only site I come to on a regular basis. Please try to keep up the good work. I love how this site is run. Thank you.

ascast
03-05-2024, 09:23 AM
yes, me too
thanks

T-Bird
03-05-2024, 09:31 AM
I agree with ALL of you

tinsnips
03-05-2024, 02:09 PM
Thank you very much. The S&W forum is the same crap!

MUSTANG
03-05-2024, 03:03 PM

Mustang, I use Weather Underground daily. There are ads at the beginning, along the side and at the bottom. Annoying, but none encroach over any content. Could your ad problem be caused by your browser? I use Firefox.

I use Safari with Firefox. The ads are definitely Google because when I do the "Report Ad" drop down it says Google. The annoyance is 1/3 Strip up and down the middle of the screen as soon as one scrolls down even a smidgen.

jakharath
03-05-2024, 03:06 PM
+1

You know, I come here daily and it's the things you take for granted. It is nice not having to put up with stuff like that!

Kestrel4k
03-05-2024, 03:14 PM

+1 on the Firefox browser & essentially no popup ads. I do know how bad things can be for others; when I browse on my Android phone (i.e. the 'Chrome' browser), I start seeing all the crap that others have to put up with. :-/

ShooterAZ
03-05-2024, 07:05 PM
The site and the server get quite a bit of financial support from our own members. This is accomplished by way of the yearly Server Fund Drive, and from the Team Boolits sponsorships. There are essentially no ads here, other than the Banner Sponsors at the top which aren't intrusive. If you enjoy this site and would like to help keep it ad free, please keep up with the contributions or at least consider doing so if you haven't.

Txcowboy52
03-05-2024, 07:11 PM
In total and complete agreement!!! This is a great site and a pleasure to use . The knowledge available here is priceless. Thank you to everyone who makes this site what it is !

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-05-2024, 07:17 PM
Thanks.
I also notice the pleasant use of this website.

On other websites with pop-up ads, my computer starts going into slow motion if the pop-up ad is a video.

scattershot
03-05-2024, 07:51 PM
Add me to the list. Thanks.