PDA

View Full Version : Efficient Use of Private Message Storage

Nueces
03-04-2024, 04:35 PM
We members are allotted storage space for saved private messages. I have found it useful to maintain a record of whom I’ve communicated with in the past. The limit on the number of stored messages varies with one’s level of board support, but most of us run low from time to time, which necessitates research of the message stack to cull older ones. Swappin & Sellin correspondence tends to be the most hungry for digital space.

My practice is always to use the reply function instead of composing a new message. If my correspondent does the same, then the last message contains a full record of all communications, so that any other individual messages can be deleted, thus saving storage space. Message are stored per each, no length limits have been observed. Thus, a single message using the reply method can store all the info held in a dozen or more single messages. There is no efficiency whatever in composing new messages. This serves only to clutter the in and out boxes.

So, I recommend we all do this.

Winger Ed.
03-04-2024, 06:14 PM
Good Idea.

We see it over and over, especially concerning S&S: "PM sent",,, then "Your inbox is full"
when someone doesn't get a reply..

Bmi48219
03-05-2024, 10:21 AM
I also reply using the original pm. In the end I want one single communication with all info. And while l’m at it delete the duplicates in the Sent file.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-05-2024, 07:19 PM
I agree 100%.
But herding cats is a tough endeavor.

DougGuy
03-05-2024, 07:32 PM
Another thing is attachments. I use some photos a few times over, how could I connect pics that are in my attachments to new posts rather than uploading a new pic?

Winger Ed.
03-05-2024, 09:38 PM
Another thing is attachments. I use some photos a few times over, how could I connect pics that are in my attachments to new posts rather than uploading a new pic?

Look at the attachment box carefully.
There's instruction where you can 'drag and drop' a existing picture down into a box.
It will put it in your new post.

ebb
03-21-2024, 03:31 PM
Nueces, Maybe this is why I've been trying to PM you for several days and been unable to get one to go through???? Could you call me 561 389-5109