PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever been involved with a sure miracle?

justindad
03-03-2024, 07:05 PM
When I talk to other Christians at church or work, I wonder how many of these people have been directly involved in a miracle. I have had prayers answered in miraculous ways, and I have seen & heard GOD guide my path in blatantly obvious ways. So I figured I could post a poll to learn more…

Markopolo
03-03-2024, 07:12 PM
Yes… Lots of them..

fixit
03-03-2024, 07:31 PM
The process of building my current church was full of miracles! One of the most fascinating was when we were in need of a drainage tile to be in place to meet the county's zoning requirements, only to discover that someone, who is unknown, without any record thereof, had already installed said drainage tile, to a higher standard than the county requires! By the time our building was completed, there had been dozens, perhaps hundreds, of instances of miraculous occurrence.

Nines&Twos
03-03-2024, 07:39 PM
I tend to think a lot of people hear the word 'miracle' ...or they pray for one...and they're waiting for the red sea to part in front of them. Too bad if they had just walked a little while longer and been patient on the Lord, he'd have shown them a nice bridge a short ways up.
Like the fella trapped on his roof during a flood...a boat came, he refused..says NO, the Lord will save me....A helicopter came...NO, the Lord will save me...he drowns....Then asks our Father why....I sent you a boat and a helicopter!

Personally I believe our Father prefers to work with natural things. Instead of asking for some divine miracle, try asking for his blessings on yourself to get it done...Blessing the hands of a surgeon is every bit as good a miracle as divine healing.

Every day you wake up there are miracles taking place. Without those miracles this world would explode like a God sized pile of tannerite. Thank you Father in Jesus's name.

brokeasajoke
03-03-2024, 08:13 PM
YES! Seen to much to change my mind. Too many stories. Kids being moved out of the way of something dangerous. Trucks moving sideways at an intersection, Atvs rolling over entire families with bent bars but not a scratch on family. Son making me late but tree fell just in front of truck(what if son wasn't making me late). Healings in my personal body. Stuff appearing out of no where, in places I had in fact looked. Holy Spirit telling me to contact friend not knowing he had a gun to his head when I did. Someone no one else seen in the hospital telling my mom it would all be ok when I busted myself up in a wreck at 17yo. How the money I had stretched so many times when it straight up mathematically could not. My wife and kids praying over broken AC and it starts working. Just on and on and on. Man, coincidence left long ago.

Hogtamer
03-03-2024, 08:29 PM
Yes. It will change you.

GhostHawk
03-04-2024, 08:57 AM
At least 3 major ones, too many smaller ones to numerous to remember.

One of them I was the instrument of change for someone else.

I'd rather not give details, but I could if I wanted to.

Fitz
03-04-2024, 09:40 AM
Just the FACT that He changed me from the man i was to the man i am , Salvation is a miracle

Thundarstick
03-04-2024, 09:54 AM
Someone needs to give their definition miracle? A man that's been cripple and bed ridden for life made whole? Raised from the dead? Plenty of people consider birth to be a miracle, but it's perfectly natural. I consider a miracle to be something completely outside the natural realm to address. ie, tumors have been know to disappear naturally, a severed arm spontaneously regenerating, not so much.

Thundarstick
03-04-2024, 10:08 AM
Miracle/ completely outside the bounds of the natural realm, no, never.

Miracle/ God's power at work/ intervention of the Holy Spirit/ an unlikely thing or event, yes many many times.

Rapier
03-04-2024, 10:15 AM
Was supposed to have open heart surgery in December, Covid started heavy in November, my open heart surgery got postponed for a year and a half. Can not take the shots, allergic to poly compounds. Cardiologist kept calling and asking me how I felt, actually I felt pretty good for a guy with multiple major blockages (100, 100, 90, 70) and 11 heart stints. So time rocks on, finally we get the word, it is time to get the internal blood pressure readings and blood flow measurements from inside the heart itself, these must be done within 30 days of open heart. So right away got a, "you must report for a die and MRI scan." Thought to myself, what in the world. The Drs did not understand how my flow and pressures could possibly be so close to normal. Turns out my heart had started growing alternative arteries, all across my heart from artery to muscle and muscle to muscles, like a mesh, that looked every bit like bean vines, self attaching to a trellis. Had over a dozen alternative arteries.
Dr said it is a rare occurrence, but is not unheard of. That growth of seperate and alternative arteries on my heart was the reason I did not have total heart failure, heart attack, etc., while awaiting the surgery. Dr has a large, framed color MRI picture of my heart on his wall.

It only happened to me and I had not one thng to do with the how.

SSGOldfart
03-04-2024, 10:37 AM
Just to fact I'm still here is a miracle in it's self.

Wayne Smith
03-04-2024, 10:47 AM
Absolutely. Every salvation is a miracle, for no one comes to Christ without the Holy Spirit first drawing them to Him. He said this himself. Multiple instances in our 48 years of marriage, including financial miracles. Multiple instances of protection from almost certain disaster.

Good Cheer
03-04-2024, 11:17 AM
Was wondering when someone would get around to wanting a definition of what qualifies as miraculous.

If after the fact you realized that the world had been arranged such that God was waiting for you to ask for something so He would hit the start button, would that qualify? Or would you only admit to something being miraculous if you somehow witnessed a physical act that was inexplicable in terms other than supernatural intervention?

The wife and I have seen interventions on occasions. We've seen interventions that years later we realized had been geared towards other interventions that He had planned for our future. After a few decades I began to think in terms of "The game is rigged." Now I think in terms of "He wants people to know that the game is rigged". And that asking Him to intervene is the right thing to do.

Der Gebirgsjager
03-04-2024, 12:24 PM
It would be an understatement for me to say that I believe in miracles. I have experienced two, both for incredible healings that seemed impossible, both preceded by much prayer, one for myself and one for my wife. Death seemed certain for each of us, and in both cases we were allowed to continue. I won't go into great detail, as I've done so on this forum most likely twice in the past and you can probably look it up. If you can't find them you can PM me and I'll go into the lengthy details. Requests for prayer are on-going on this forum, and God's intervention has often occurred.

DG

dverna
03-04-2024, 12:50 PM
I have not seen what I define as a miracle.

That does not mean I have not seen a miracle...as another person would define it.

My fiancé had/has cancer. She had/has a 40% chance of surviving. She is doing very well. For some that is a miracle. I do not see it as such. I might be swayed if the "chances" were quantified. By that I mean, if the chances of survival were 60% for people who prayed for healing vs 20% for atheists...that matters. Difficult to ignore a three fold increase in outcome.

A miracle for me is something that has no other explanation other than the immediate result of the action of God. Parting of the sea (as posted above) is one. If a man has his sight instantly restored after "the laying of hands" that would count too. Stuff like that.

Something that happens by chance or "good luck" does not count. I am not saying my interpretation is correct.

czgunner
03-04-2024, 01:03 PM
I think all of us Christians have experienced a miracle when we were convinced of our sin and our need of Jesus. I also believe its good to err on the side of giving thanks and glory to God for all things.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Good Cheer
03-04-2024, 01:47 PM
Requesting intervention is the thing to do.

Bazoo
03-04-2024, 02:08 PM
Here's one I had recently. https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?465208-Praise-Report

justindad
03-04-2024, 05:26 PM
When I graduated college, my older sister was going to help me pack & move to my new apartment. She became sick that week due to a hole in her heart, which was the result of her anorexia (she had been hospitalized several times for anorexia complications). I didn’t fully understand her situation before then, so this news hit me hard. I cried and prayed, and prayed, and prayed longer… then, the Holy Spirit whispered to me that everything was ok. I stopped grieving and went about my day as usual. In her next doctors visit, they told her the hole in her heart disappeared and they had no explanation as to why. She did help me pack & move.
I graduated college when the 2008 auto industry crashed, which hurt the financial situation of an Engineer looking for his first job and to start paying for his college debt. I could not refinance at the rates available when I started & went through college, and starting pay was down. I asked GOD to guide me to a job, which I landed, and then received a 10% pay cut a year later. Everyone had their pay cut in lieu of a layoff, and I was no longer able to make ends meet with this one job. I looked, but was not able find a night job to go with my day job. I prayed and told GOD that if He really wanted me there, then something would have to change. Within that week, interest rates on my debt were reduced to the tune of about $150/month and my rent was lowered by $100/month… so I stayed… until I met my wife and GOD sent us elsewhere.
While I was in college, a deep depression came over me for no reason I could identify. I prayed about it, and then had a dream… I dreamt of a gray-faced demon walking into my bedroom as I laid on my bed. I was [in my dream] stricken with such fear that I could not speak. I tried, and pushed, and struggled to say… then I woke up, as you do when you die in a dream, and immediately my right arm shot out and I said “in the name of Jesus Christ, leave me.” Immediately, a washing sensation came over me and that depression was gone.
After college, my sister had an AVM rupture in her brain at 31 years old. An AVM is like a stroke times 1,000. The neurosurgeon expected her to die. He told me it would be a miracle if she lived to be a vegetable. I prayed for her as before, and again I was comforted. She is alive, she can walk, she can talk, she can drive, she is once again a medical miracle.
I have more than twice those stories, and greater magnitudes.

.429&H110
03-04-2024, 06:22 PM
Supernatural: super=above / natural=the world
This word has drifted in meaning to include all sorts of Disney and X-Files stuff.

Miraculous: a real result of a miracle, attributed to God, beyond our understanding.
For me a miracle is God violating our understanding of cause and effect...
an Infinite God, outside of time, reading this and laughing at my poor attempt.

If you want to see miracles you have to look.
You have to have ears to hear.
God isn't bound by cause and effect. He Is.

If you want to see miraculous, go to Wednesday night prayers.
We write down a prayer list and rejoice for prayers answered.
Lately, an old lady's doctors said liver disease, took out her gall bladder, her liver is fine.
We pray for doctors' wisdom, sometimes God grants some.

Cause and effect? Chance? Co-incidence? You will know a miracle when it happens.

Good Cheer
03-04-2024, 09:17 PM
Divine intervention in this world is ongoing. This world we live in (this reality that the slide rule cats are starting to catch on to so that they've begun to say it's some kind of simulation or projection that we are within) is an ongoing creation. When that thought passes through my mind I can say "Wow, how miraculous is that!"

Most people don't want to see. Oh, they think they do but no, they don't.

GhostHawk
03-10-2024, 09:59 AM
A My dad was being treated for lung cancer prior to surgery. (left lung, grapefruit sized)
He did not tolerate the first dose of Chemo at all well. At the time I had a wide circle of online friends, many with small children. I explained the situation and asked for prayers. My dad sailed through the next 2 weeks of chemo prior to surgery like nothing in the world could bother him. Surgery went well, and he lived on for another 25 years!

B My wife was working as receptionist at a local clinic, a doctor there was having troubles with back pain. She wanted to get pregnant again, trying for a boy. But had lots of issues. Stuff I never did know or could do anything about. Anyway my wife Cindy was talking to me on the phone on her lunch break. Finally I said ask her if I can come visit for a minute or 3. She called back an hour later, gave me the time. I was there, she introduced us. The lady doctor was very afraid I was going to touch her and cause pain. So I told her, I'm not going to touch you at all. I'm just going to make a connection between you and God, and ask for some healing love.

Well she was ok with that. So I did (Its called Reiki btw)

For a year we knew nothing more. Cindy was bouncing around to different clinics as she was needed.

Then we ran into the Lady Doctor and her husband one day at the grocery store. In her arms a healthy bouncing baby boy.

She gave both me and my wife great big hugs. And said " I don't know what you did, and I don't understand it, but it worked."

C is me, and tis a long long story parts of which no one alive fully remembers so it can never truly be told.
Suffice it to say that simply my being here is a Miracle. Being here and standing 5' 8 inches tall is another. A little teaser for those of you interested.
I graduated high school in 1970 at 4 feet 2 inches. And I was already growing at that point. Without the good doctors at Mayo clinic it would have been more like 3 feet 9 inches.

.429&H110
03-18-2024, 12:31 AM
I have a rem700 .223 with the original glass sharp trigger.

I keep it because four twelve year old boys were shooting rats with a .222
One pointed the rifle at another's face, pulled the trigger
rifle went "click"
hahaha
leaned it in a corner, rifle fell over and fired.
Nobody laughed.
Rem700 or miracle? God knows.

So I keep my Walmart $200 .223 to teach the kids. (dratted thing is accurate)
Chamber it. Set safety. Pull the trigger. Thump the gun. Release the safety, it will fire. Sometimes.
Miracle or great trigger? God smiled that day.

Please keep the bolt open...

phantom22
03-20-2024, 05:34 AM
After 13 years of paramedic work, there are no miracles. People will go out of their way to perceive things as miracles though.

armoredman
03-20-2024, 06:09 AM
Well, I think this is the only one I can call either a miracle or divine intervention.
My ex wife was pregnant, and was showing signs of pre eclampsia. I went to work, supervisor for an armored trucking agency on a holiday, when I got the call that my wife as in the hospital going into eclamptic shock, and they were going to have to take the baby through C Section. 29 weeks. They gave her steroids in a desperate attempt to get his lungs working prior to the surgery, but there was no time to wait. They took him, 2.18 pound, and whisked him into the NICU. We were told by the attending physician that we should call our religious provider, because they lacked an oscillating ventilator, and had him on a regular vent, which was tearing up his little lungs. There was an O-Vent at the other hospital in the network, but it was on the other side of town, and by the time it could be delivered through holiday traffic, it would be too late. This was after she had had 3 miscarriages - this was our last attempt.
Behind the doc a guy asked, "I brought the oscillating vent - who ordered it?"
Nobody had. Somehow the other hospital had received an order to take that piece of machinery across town just in the nick of time, but nobody had ordered it.
BTW, that little 2.18 pound baby boy? He'll be 24 this year.

barnabus
03-20-2024, 06:31 AM
After 13 years of paramedic work, there are no miracles. People will go out of their way to perceive things as miracles though.

i feel sorry for you. you need a miracle for sure

GhostHawk
03-20-2024, 08:44 AM
I'm with barnabus.

WILCO
03-20-2024, 08:57 AM
Yes. It will change you.

That's a true fact.

WILCO
03-20-2024, 09:00 AM

That's okay Phantom.
Miracles are seen by those meant to see or needed to see.
Thanks for being brave and steady for 13 years of service.
Truly a rough gig.

phantom22
03-20-2024, 01:48 PM
:drinks: