PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere else have gun culture to this level...gun bingo!?

SeabeeMan
03-03-2024, 09:38 AM
I'm curious where else in our great nation has gun culture quite to this level: I'm going to play gun bingo this afternoon!

$100 buy in gets you 10 games, a gun every game, plus raffles, door prizes, pick-a-square boards, etc. Tickets purchased in advance and limited quantities sold. All proceeds go to our local snowmobile/4-wheeler trail maintenance club.

You go to almost any bar out of town, there is always a gun hanging above the bar and you can order tickets from the bartender right along with your drink. Wife put $50 down for me on a Christensen Arms Modern Hunting Rifle...these aren't always beater Mossberg 12 gauges! If I ever have to leave Northwest Wisconsin, this might be a good barometer for acceptable landing sites!

MUSTANG
03-03-2024, 10:07 AM
The Barber Shop I use has an almost continual Raffle for a Rifle or Shotgun as a fund raiser. These are fund raisers for a specific (named) child with an acute illness to help the families with meeting medical bills. The Barber Shop is a community hub, focused on those who are current or former military, law enforcement, or 1st responders. The saying "Charity Begins in the Home" applies to the "Gun Raffles" hosted there.

tigweldit
03-03-2024, 10:12 AM
Seabeeman, Totally agree! I use to live in in the Hayward area, now I'm just outside of Anitgo. Wisconsin has everything I need and like. I hope the illegals don't muck it up. The wife won a Henry .22 lever action at a local watering hole last year. She loves the gun and shoots it well. We are proud Cheeseheads and plan to be here until our time ends on this earth. God willing.

MrWolf
03-03-2024, 11:17 AM
Just got a reminder about a local volunteer fire/rescue squad gun bash again. We went in the fall and it was a nice time. Gun raffles and door prizes with the firearms donated by our LGS. We even have the small hardware, food, gas station with a few pistols for sale. I love it here.

DeuceTwo
03-03-2024, 12:03 PM
God Bless America!

kerplode
03-03-2024, 12:30 PM
If that sort of thing happened around here, the person running the "raffle" would keep the money for themselves and fix it so their cousin "won" the gun.

As a non-cousin, you'd have a better chance of winning if you simply set your $10 on fire.

farmbif
03-03-2024, 12:39 PM
a couple years ago big talk around the county was about this gun church group bought property and were moving in. a nearby town a long ways from any major interstate with official population of less than 2500 has 5 thriving gun shops. but there is no gun bingo that I know of. and it seems quite a few places ive been lately I seem to meet someone who wants to start learning how to reload their own ammo.

dverna
03-03-2024, 01:33 PM
The Bear Hunter Association has a $50 ticket and 50 week draw for a gun. I know a couple of folks that have won nice guns. IIRC, one year a guy won three times. Nice ROI on the $50!

wildwilly501
03-03-2024, 03:52 PM
They had gun bingo around here but stopped it.It’s a mess when several people get bingo at the same time. I guess nobody thought about it before the bingo game. I think they drawed cards to decide the winner.I know they had some unhappy people.

15meter
03-03-2024, 04:35 PM
Most of the gun clubs/volunteer fire departments/boat clubs/Moose/Elks/VFW/ you name it are running gun a day raffles.

I suspect I could find multiple gun raffles each month here in Monroe County. Recent changes to the state gun laws are rumored to making the raffles more difficult. Haven't seen anything definitive yet.

And we have a dozen plus gun clubs in the county.

Silvercreek Farmer
03-03-2024, 07:15 PM
Before I even saw where you were from, I thought that sounded like something they would do in Northern Wisconsin!

wv109323
03-03-2024, 07:26 PM
In West Virginia, you make sure you have a gun before you attend a bingo game.

panhed65
03-03-2024, 07:48 PM
quite a few places have that around here in N E Pa where I live. never tried it myself, just see the advertisments for

quite a few places have that here in n e Pa where I live. have never tried it, but see it advertised from time to time.
Barry

MrWolf
03-03-2024, 08:29 PM
In West Virginia, you make sure you have a gun before you attend a bingo game.

Gotta admit out here it is actually encouraged. Very free state.

MT Gianni
03-03-2024, 10:32 PM
In Montana in 1997 the president of one of M's gun clubs did a statewide survey. About half of the households owned firearms. Of the households that did, 27 was the average number of guns owned. Consider the panic buying that has gone on since and I think that number has increased.