PDA

View Full Version : Contacting Mike Venturino

andrew375
02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Can anyone provide me with an email or contact address for Mike Venturino please? Or are able to forward a message for me.

I've just watched his piece on the Lewis gun on Handloader tv ( you tube) and he bemoaned that whilst he had a manual for it, the text was in Japanese! Well I actually have a manual, for the aircraft Lewis gun, in English. I've also made a digital copy.

waksupi
02-29-2024, 01:14 PM
Search for his name in the members here, and contact directly.

gwpercle
02-29-2024, 01:52 PM
My old fashioned way would be to write a letter to him at Handloader Magazine ...

but maybe a e-mail to him care of Handloader Magazine might be the more modern way .

He was a member here but hasn't posted anything in years .

I'm sure if he got wind that you had that manual in English he would want to talk to you ... Japanese is a hard language to master !
Gary

square butte
02-29-2024, 02:07 PM
Contact Shrapnel here on Cast Boolits - He can get you in touch if you tell him what you have

M-Tecs
02-29-2024, 04:37 PM
He is on Facebook also.

Giblett
02-29-2024, 06:42 PM
I think he is on single action forum.

contender1
02-29-2024, 11:32 PM
I haven't seen him on the SA forum.

But,, if you do use Handloader magazine,, that will get to him. They protect the writers privacy,, but they do relay messages. Good folks at Wolfe Publishing.

Tall
03-01-2024, 02:07 AM
Mike is on the Colt forum too.

JonB_in_Glencoe
03-01-2024, 09:57 AM
When I watch youtube videos, and want to contact that person, I leave a message in the comments...90% of the time, they respond, especially since the comment is on topic.
good Luck.

andrew375
03-01-2024, 04:10 PM
The first thing I tried was searching his name on this site. Lots of references to books and articles by Mike but not his contact details. I know he used to be on here a long while ago so I was hoping I could pm him through his profile. I don't do facebook.

I subscribe to Handloader and Rifle magazines, but there doesn't seem to be an actual email address for contacting anyone, just an on-line form to fill out. Fair enough, considering the size of their subscriber base. But I don't have much confidence in the message being relayed. I would just post the thing to Mike, care of wolfe publishing, but again I don't want to risk it not being forwarded on. I think I will give it a try though.

Thanks.

gwpercle
03-01-2024, 06:05 PM
Old school way ... write a letter ... address it to

Mike Venturino C/O
Wolfe Publishing Co.
2180 Gulfstream , Ste A
Prescott , AZ 86301

He will get it ... Wolfe forwards his corresponce to him ...
I did it once and it works !

I even wrote letters to Elmer Keith and Skeeter Skelton when they were writers ... and got letters back from them ... may be low tech ... but letters still work !
Gary

Idaho45guy
03-06-2024, 06:03 AM
My dad was good friends with him and when I started BPCR shooting at Ben Avery near Phoenix my dad gave me a copy of his book to help me create my own rounds for matches. I met him a couple of times at matches there and didn't realize we were neighbors when I lived in Prescott Valley. Nice enough guy. One of the few people that my dad acknowledged knew more than him about a firearm subject.

contender1
03-06-2024, 10:48 AM
As noted above,, send a letter. It will get to him.

Tall
03-06-2024, 04:02 PM
The first thing I tried was searching his name on this site. Lots of references to books and articles by Mike but not his contact details. I know he used to be on here a long while ago so I was hoping I could pm him through his profile. I don't do facebook.
Thanks.

Mike goes by MLV on the Colt forum. Send him a PM, he will reply ASAP.

andrew375
03-06-2024, 04:05 PM
Thanks everyone. I've sent manual to Mike c/o wolfe publishing.

MT Gianni
03-09-2024, 01:38 AM
That was a good thing to do Andrew375. As shooters we should help each other.

Bazoo
03-09-2024, 01:17 PM
Awesome gesture Andrew. I like Mike's writings, especially his earlier stuff.