PDA

View Full Version : RCBS bullet puller collets

castmiester
02-23-2024, 02:35 AM
Are case hardened or SS… from the looks of it, this collet it’s hard to tell. It looks like SS but you can’t drill it. I was getting cheap and thought l could drill out the collet for another caliber. NOT. Or maybe l just need a better bit like cobalt.

A coworker told me it to prevent sparks… l said you’re probably right.

snowwolfe
02-23-2024, 11:50 AM
If you drill one out, then at some point you would have to replace the one you drilled.:veryconfu

Gav-n-Tn
02-23-2024, 12:05 PM
I found the extra collets to be very reasonable. I would think your time to modify would be worth more than the correct collet. I just bought every one I thought I’d need in the foreseeable future.

castmiester
02-23-2024, 03:19 PM
If you drill one out, then at some point you would have to replace the one you drilled.:veryconfu

that is the most ridiculous statement I ever heard.... why would that be ?

castmiester
02-23-2024, 03:27 PM
I found the extra collets to be very reasonable. I would think your time to modify would be worth more than the correct collet. I just bought every one I thought I’d need in the foreseeable future.

If it was drillable it's no big deal. I bought one yesterday.

snowwolfe
02-24-2024, 12:04 PM
that is the most ridiculous statement I ever heard.... why would that be ?

Because as soon as you drilled out one to a larger size you will find out a year or so later you added another caliber to your reloading arsenal and now you need the smaller size collet again.
Try to keep up Buckwheat