PDA

View Full Version : Got a floppy Ishapore bolt?

BerdanIII
02-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I had some trouble with the bolt handle on my Ishapore 2A bolt rising up just about every time I pulled the trigger on loads ranging from gallery 100-grainers to M80 Ball. It got to the point where I was seriously considering making it a wall hanger. I replaced the extractor spring as suggested on another board and this helped, but did not eliminate the problem. As soon as I can get the striker locking screw to come out, I'm going to replace the original firing pin spring with a Wolff replacement (another suggested cure). Today, however, I found a temporary and cheap remedy: take the lube off the bolt body and let the bolt get DIRTY. In the past, I left the bolt covered with Ed's Red and I'm sure this contributed to the problem. With a dry bolt, the handle stayed down and the action unlocked with the same effort as my No. 1 MkIII* (Bless you, Lithgow), which is pretty solid. Loading the magazine with 5 rounds also puts some pressure on the underside of the bolt and helps the handle stay put.

mto7464
02-20-2009, 02:08 PM
I don't understand the need to keep the bolt covered with ed's red. A rifle should never be soaking in cleaner or lube. Only the vital areas need be lubed and sometimes the less the better. No offense but why??

BerdanIII
02-20-2009, 02:42 PM
I use it as a rust preventative on bare metal as well as a bore cleaner. The Enfield bolt body runs in a fairly close-fitted receiver unlike the Mauser, and I figured it could do with a little lubrication. In this case, less did turn out to be more.

Ricochet
02-20-2009, 03:12 PM
Tried ******?

BerdanIII
02-20-2009, 03:14 PM
You are a sick (and furry) man.......