PDA

View Full Version : refrigerator drawer not closing easily

hiram
02-04-2024, 05:04 PM
As the title says. Anyone have this trouble? Did you remove the drawer and use a lube on the rollers? Which lube?

Thanks

country gent
02-04-2024, 05:26 PM
First take it out and clean tracks and rollers. make sure something isnt behind or under it. The since it is around food I would consider a vegetable oil like canola or maybe Crisco. The vegetable oil may be the better choice as the Crisco my be to thick/stiff in the cold.

JonB_in_Glencoe
02-04-2024, 05:40 PM
I use Armor All.

cwtebay
02-04-2024, 05:48 PM
There are food safe lubricants. Generally they are silicone or mineral oil based. My money's on something under the drawer or in the tracks .....I have teens so you don't have to ask me how I know.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

elmacgyver0
02-04-2024, 05:53 PM
Most problems with things not working can be traced down to dirt.
In a refrigerator, more likely spilled food or juices are gumming up the works.
In personal experience refrigerator drawers can get pretty raunchy.
Give it a good cleaning and I bet your problem goes away.

garandsrus
02-04-2024, 06:36 PM
Make sure it is on the track correctly! It may not have been put on correctly the last time it was removed.

Winger Ed.
02-04-2024, 06:57 PM
If its not dirty, try taking it out, then putting it back in being sure it gets onto it's tracks.

Ours get off track once in awhile, especially if the load in the drawer is kind of heavy.

1I-Jack
02-04-2024, 07:22 PM
Call the wife into the kitchen and tell her the drawer ain't workin right :kidding:

libertyman777
02-07-2024, 02:27 AM
Just get out from in front of it…..[smilie=l:[smilie=l:

gwpercle
02-07-2024, 01:41 PM
Mine was a freezer drawer at the bottom of the freezer . I simply cleaned all the surfaces that rubbed / slide against one another and got all the stuff that had fallen in the cracks and in the rear .
Over the years a lot of gunk had "built-up" ...
The drawer wouldn't completely close ... after pulling it out , I found ...way way way in the back , up against the back wall ...there was a ancient breaded chicken strip , stuck in there ... I almost couldn't reach it and I had to break it up to get it out ... bit by bit ...
But I got it all out , cleaned up all surfaces and the drawer worked like new .
I didn't put any "lube" on anything ... didn't want it to freeze .
Gary
P.S. Mineral Oil is a food safe oil you can use ...and safe to use on rubber or plastic parts ... but I believe just being clean will do a lot .