PDA

View Full Version : revolver chamber no step ?

charger 1
02-18-2009, 04:47 AM
OK FINALLY got the ol boy to measure 12mm belgian revolver cylinder
length 1.284
rim dia 525
chamber entrance 485
chamber exit 460
Now get this,,NO STEP...What the he11???????????

What and how is that supposed to fire? Has some monkey polished step out?

KTN
02-18-2009, 05:41 AM
Just a guess,heelbase boolit ?

Kaj

charger 1
02-18-2009, 05:53 AM
so taper with no step is not correct is it. 6od these things seem a mystery.. Not understanding term heel based

missionary5155
02-18-2009, 06:10 AM
Heel bullets... Think about the .22 long rifle. Exposed Bullet is as fat as the case. 41 Colt same idea. Many other OLD cartriges same thing... especially the old rim fires. The boolit has a narrow shank that fits inside the case. The Rest of the boolit is (hopefully) cylinder diameter.
NRA Fact Book and Cartriges of the World are good sources for finding the Cartridge this revolver used.
Mike God Bless you.

dubber123
02-18-2009, 06:13 AM
Heel bullets... Think about the .22 long rifle. Exposed Bullet is as fat as the case. 41 Colt same idea. Many other OLD cartriges same thing... especially the old rim fires. The boolit has a narrow shank that fits inside the case. The Rest of the boolit is (hopefully) cylinder diameter.
NRA Fact Book and Cartriges of the World are good sources for finding the Cartridge this revolver used.
Mike God Bless you.

Great explaination of the heel based boolit. I agree with these fellows. Looks like time for a custom mould eh? [smilie=1: If the guns in as good of condition as it appears, I think I would have a mould made.

charger 1
02-18-2009, 06:19 AM
Great explaination of the heel based boolit. I agree with these fellows. Looks like time for a custom mould eh? [smilie=1: If the guns in as good of condition as it appears, I think I would have a mould made.

OK I get it now fellas. So custom mold it is but to give er a burl a fella could shorten and step some 458 slugs

charger 1
02-18-2009, 08:34 AM
like if a fella took a lee #90384 456 dia 220 grain rn and stuck it in his lathe and buzzed the back band down to fit into the brass. just to get going

Harry O
02-18-2009, 09:04 AM
You could also use soft-cast, hollow-base bullets.

charger 1
02-18-2009, 09:15 AM
You could also use soft-cast, hollow-base bullets.

That would be choice one Harry if I new where to get a not to heavy 456-458 HB mold or bullets or anything of the like. Remembering boolits cant come usa to can

For the amount I'm going to shoot it what if I just took that mold I spoke ok, chucked them after poured of pure lead and run a center drill up their backs to hollow em

Larry Gibson
02-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Rapine probably has a healbase bullet mould for it.

Larry Gibson

leftiye
02-18-2009, 04:57 PM
See if it is straight tapered, or rather if it has a straight portion at the front first. It may just not have an abrupt end to the case portion of the chamber.

charger 1
02-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Deals done anyhoo. When the letter came from our government to let it into canukistan it came back identified as something called a montegrin or some such. Basically worth an eighth of the price anyway. It was supposed to be double action. It was only last night about one hour before I mailed everything I found out single action didnt work. Thats OK says owner,they never had a single action design .It was meant to be just trigger pull,,,NOT. Just to many lies...Perkiomen gunworks TN. Watch em boys