PDA

View Full Version : Light .44mag bullet - 135gr's

wonderwolf
02-18-2009, 01:46 AM
I picked up a swage tool kinda like the CH4d 105 dies from the swap and sell forum and had some .250" jackets that came with it. I've made about 50 or so of these 135gr Round nose bullets so far and only have load data for a 120gr Round ball in .44 spl and mag. I'm looking to push these bullets REALLY fast since they are so light. Just to see how fast I can get them to go. then I'll tone them down for .44spl target loads.

I've looked through speer and Sharpes book and only found data talking about a round ball bullet going at gallery speeds. I have Red Dot, 2400 and Unique on hand with a few odd others but I'm looking to use one of the three to develop loads from.

Also If anybody is interested in them I may be willing to sell some depending on if I can find a supply of .250" jackets for them. [smilie=1: but firest I want to see if these things will shoot.

wonderwolf
02-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Anybody? I don't have any suggest a load programs yet so I'll hafta get on that I guess. I'll be trying this bullet out friday with some red dot in .44 magnum and see where it gets me.

44man
02-20-2009, 04:21 PM
I don't think you will have any results as far as accuracy goes. Even 180 gr is too light and must be shot slow. The pure lead you need to swage boolits will give you trouble at super high speeds too. I swaged boolits for years in a CH tool years ago and never had good shooting results. OK but not good. It was fun though.
Post group pictures after you shoot them.