PDA

View Full Version : Tip amount?

cabezaverde
01-31-2024, 09:31 AM
I haven't gone on a guided hunt in a long, long time but have one coming up next month. What is an appropriate amount to tip the guide(s)?

HWooldridge
01-31-2024, 09:41 AM
My son guides hunters from time to time. He typically gets $100 tips from each person but has received as much as $1000; just depends on the group. I think you could give a C-note and be safe - more is up to you.

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-31-2024, 01:16 PM
Just like everything else, Tip is for excellent service...anything less, no tip.

Winger Ed.
01-31-2024, 03:09 PM
I used to know a guy who went fishing down on the Gulf, and didn't come home for about 6 months.
He liked it so much he stayed down there and got a job on a charter fishing boat.

His job was to fish and mingle with the customers.
When the boat got back in, he'd be the first one off. As he was leaving, he'd go on & on to the Captain
about how great a time he had, and couldn't wait to go out again.
Then he'd give the Captain several $20.00 bills and tell him, "I wish I had more money for a tip, but this is all I've got".

It prompted the real customers to give a big tip.
He gave the Captain the same $20.00 bills over and over the whole time he worked down there.

stubshaft
01-31-2024, 11:31 PM
Just like everything else, Tip is for excellent service...anything less, no tip.

Exactly!

Jim22
02-01-2024, 04:35 PM
A lot of guides get gear as a tip. Sometimes a rifle or something else to show appreciation.

Jim