PDA

View Full Version : I Need Help Fixing Photo Problem

hoodat
01-24-2024, 08:38 PM
If a moderator or anyone else can help me with this I'd appreciate it. PM me if necessary.

When I try to insert an image, I get the message saying I've exceeded my pixel quota or some such. jd

elmacgyver0
01-24-2024, 08:57 PM
Have you tried resizing your photo?
When I post a photo I resize it because otherwise it is huge and takes up too much space.

Winger Ed.
01-24-2024, 09:36 PM
I've had that problem when the picture's format isn't supported here, or it was too big.
Usually you can size it down and it'll fit.

Minerat
01-24-2024, 09:54 PM
You have to limit the photo to 800x800 pixels or under 200,000 bytes. If you size the picture to 4" by 6" you should be able to upload it.

This link might help explain the size too.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?386550-help-uploading-photos

hoodat
01-24-2024, 09:59 PM
I've tried sizing down to 4x6 dimension and as few as 320 pixels. Still no success.

I used to have no problem using the 6x8 inch sizing. Using a MacBook. I've posted many pics in the past, then one day things simply quit working. Do I need to go back and delete existing pic posts or something?? jd

elmacgyver0
01-24-2024, 10:10 PM
I upload mine using the little square box that when you put your mouse over it it says "Insert Image" then I select from computer, then chose file, then upload files.

hoodat
01-24-2024, 10:18 PM
I upload mine using the little square box that when you put your mouse over it it says "Insert Image" then I select from computer, then chose file, then upload files.

Yup, that is what I do also. This is what my images are labeled like. -----> /Users/jdscholer/Desktop/IMG_1660.JPG

Rockindaddy
01-24-2024, 11:07 PM
My problem is not the image file size but my photos always load 90* out. I have even taken the image and loaded it 90* out of vertical and they still load sideways. Had an old computer that was very frustrating! Had a mind of its own. I finally fixed it. Told my computer guru that I fixed it. He was amazed and wanted to know how I did it. Sent him a photo from my new computer of my old computer fixed with a 44mag. Does anyone out in Cast Boolit land know how to load photos so they are upright and not 90* out????

Winger Ed.
01-24-2024, 11:47 PM
Your picture section can get full the same way as your box/section for PMs.
Have you looked at its capacity to see if it needs to be at least partly cleared out?

hoodat
01-25-2024, 12:07 AM
Your picture section can get full the same way as your box/section for PMs.
Have you looked at its capacity to see if it needs to be at least partly cleared out?

Where do I find my picture section/capacity? jd

Winger Ed.
01-25-2024, 12:17 AM
Go to the 'user cp' (control panel) by clicking your user name up on the top right of your log in page.

Look for 'settings' down towards the bottom.
Click 'attachments' under 'settings'. You can delete pictures from there.

Click the little white boxes on the right side, then 'delete selected' at the bottom right.
You might want to thin/clean out your inbox and sent folder while you're at it.

Let us know if that works.

hoodat
01-25-2024, 12:19 AM
Thanks Ed, I'll give it a try. I really appreciate your help. jd

hoodat
01-25-2024, 12:28 AM
Bingo!! Success! I appreciate Y'alls help. I'm not a complete technotard, but I'm close. jd

Winger Ed.
01-25-2024, 01:45 AM
Glad to help.
Technology wise: I still haven't figured out how to get my VCR to stop blinking "12:00" ,,,, however;

Even a blind hog finds an occasional acorn.

Land Owner
01-25-2024, 05:21 AM
FWIW - the use of a photo server (not Castboolits) is recommended as you are able to size your format (which is not done by the software here). Check out https://postimages.org/.

At Postimages, there is no "user fee", a simple registration is required, your upload is saved in a "legacy library" which you can name, photo hyperlinks are generated (I use the no-advertisement link), it is Copy & Paste their link into "["img"]" link "["/img"]" tags here, and there is no upper limit to the number of photo uploads. You control image. the Learning Curve is very short.

Here is an Example using ["img"]" link "["/img"]" tags:

https://i.postimg.cc/B6jy432W/plunger_shotgun.png

dverna
01-25-2024, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the info Land Owner!!

Doughty
01-25-2024, 10:40 AM
Rockindaddy, In the frequently Asked Forum,

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?462540-Rotating-images

firefly1957
01-25-2024, 06:45 PM
I used to use paint to downsize images to post here I find it even easier to post them to facebook or mewe then save what posted it is always the right size without playing with the original by accident.