PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat ?

Johnch
01-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Well I needed .... not sure what I NEEDED but I went into Fin Feather Fur Outfitters the other day
I had been thinking about upgrading my carry pistol

I got to talking one of the sales people at gun sales that I have known for a long time

Long story short
The 2 tone Hellcat that comes with 5 mags in a package with a sling bag was on sale
So my wallet got drained of cash

Any suggestions as to a cast bullet nose shape to try or avoid ?

Right now I have a bunch of the LEE 120 gr TC bullet , powder coated and sized .357
Mixed cases , Wolf SP primers and 4 Gr of HP38 loaded for the other 9mm's
Good , bad or so so choice of plinking ammo in the Hellcat ?

Thanks
John

ACC
01-22-2024, 06:30 PM
Okay, I have seen quite a few at the range and no one has had any problems with it, except the triggers on these compacts(all of them could be improved). There is a company that makes an improved striker sheath for about 10 bucks and is well worth it. From what I know from other compacts it makes the trigger really smooth. Besides that you will be replacing a piece of plastic with something that is metal. I have replaced all of mine but I bought them from a gun store so of course I paid more. We ain't to sharp in Texas.

ACC

cwtebay
01-22-2024, 06:40 PM
My 2nd youngest son has one. It seems to like everything that we've fed it other than broad meplat boolits. Definitely a fun shooter and we haven't seen any reliability issues with it at all.
Congratulations on your purchase!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Tatume
01-22-2024, 06:54 PM
HR Funk did a review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84Tnx4aavRY

G W Wade
01-22-2024, 09:13 PM
Okay, I have seen quite a few at the range and no one has had any problems with it, except the triggers on these compacts(all of them could be improved). There is a company that makes an improved striker sheath for about 10 bucks and is well worth it. From what I know from other compacts it makes the trigger really smooth. Besides that you will be replacing a piece of plastic with something that is metal. I have replaced all of mine but I bought them from a gun store so of course I paid more. We ain't to sharp in Texas.

ACC

Could you find the maker of your striker sleeve. Only one I find is way more than $10 ($60) McCarbo is good but if there is something else. would leave more cash for powder and primers Thanks GW

Bigslug
01-22-2024, 11:29 PM
NOE TL-357-135-RF, I think is the designation - - AKA Ranch Dog - - 3.7 grains of Bullseye gets it to 1030 fps in a Glock 17. Add about 100 fps for a 16" Ruger Carbine. I'd guess 950 in your gun.

trails4u
01-23-2024, 12:21 AM
My 2nd youngest son has one. It seems to like everything that we've fed it other than broad meplat boolits. Definitely a fun shooter and we haven't seen any reliability issues with it at all.
Congratulations on your purchase!!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

I'll second this on the meplat..... Not cast in my case, but a plated bullet....and it had to be seated MUCH deeper to chamber and cycle in a hellcat as compared to some others in the stable. Once solved...runs like a scalded dog, sights recover better than any other pistol I own, and it's the one I carry everyday now. But...the meplat. cwtebay is spot on.

Johnch
01-23-2024, 12:31 AM
Could you find the maker of your striker sleeve. Only one I find is way more than $10 ($60) McCarbo is good but if there is something else. would leave more cash for powder and primers Thanks GW

https://lakelinellc.com/stainless-steel-striker-guide-for-springfield-hellcat-pistols/
I think I found it
But $16.95 now

After I have run some ammo through the pistol
I will probably order one in a few weeks

John

G W Wade
01-23-2024, 01:09 AM
Thanks, Johnch. Looks like that site might not save me any money after all. Lots of special parts for the Hellcats brothers and sisters and cousins etc. Thanks again GW

Sasquatch-1
01-23-2024, 07:30 AM
I use the Lee 121 grn. TC tumble lube bullet. I do not own a Hellcat, but the bullet works well in every 9mm I have tried it in.

FergusonTO35
01-23-2024, 10:09 AM
We've sold a ton of Hellcats at my side job shop and I don't know of any that have come back. HS Produkt is a first class gunmaker in my opinion.

onelight
01-27-2024, 01:23 AM
This is bullet chambers well in my Hellcat as well as in a p365 , sig p210 , cz75b compact HK P30sk , smith m&p and several others. The bullet in the picture is a 125 grain .357 from Summers.
Lee has a similar tl bullet mold.
I load it to OAL of 1.29 with 3.7 grains of tite group and it cycles properly in all the mentioned pistols.
Averages 981fps in the 3" hellcat with SD of 15.2 , average is 1060 from the 4.5" M&P of 17.2322669