PDA

View Full Version : Postmaster problem!!! ARGHH

Jeffery8mm
02-17-2009, 05:59 PM
What would ya'll do::
EVERYTIME I take a flat rate box in the local PO, the head dude tells me I am really taking advantage of the flat rate boxes. Thing is, he is not joking or saying it in a funny type way, He is PISSED!!!:twisted:
I rarely pack over 35lbs in a single box, so he is not having to handle a 50lbs box. I assume I am the ONLY person in town who ships a heavy object in these boxes. I am really getting tired of his 'tude!!!! We do have a mostly female postal staff here. They dont really seam to mind. One lady asked what I was mailing and I told her it was lead. She said, yeah right, what is it. I just looked at her and said rocks. She said oh cool!!!
What should I do, other than carry a box in EVERY day to ship out??

Jeff

shooterg
02-17-2009, 06:06 PM
Pack a few at the maximum 70, then he'll be GLAD to see 35 pounders . Here, the first time I shipped over 20, one clerk had to look it up before he agreed the 20 lb. limit is only for International shipping. And postage goes up again shortly !

ghh3rd
02-17-2009, 06:10 PM
Just a short polite note to your local Postmaster should stop that.

I had to write one once when we were the last stop on our mailman's walking route. Our mail stayed under his arm the whole way around both sides of the block and our letters and magazines were soaked with sweat until they were falling apart. He gave me a 'tude when I politely asked him to carry our mail in his bag because of the sweat - told me it's hot in Florida and people sweat.

A short polite note to our Postmaster and are the first stop, and have dry mail.

Randy

Jeffery8mm
02-17-2009, 06:11 PM
Shooterg, my problematic postmaster did try the 20lb thing on me once. I had forgotten about that.
Jeff

Jeffery8mm
02-17-2009, 06:13 PM
Randy, the Postmaster is the one I am having the beef with,. Who is above him?? Our local PO is small and the Postmaster works the window alot.
Jeff

mike in co
02-17-2009, 06:20 PM
jeff,
get his name,
in a small town, you should be able to look him up. ship him a 70 lb box signature required......

then see what he has to say....

yes they are all in districts and answer up the line, just ask him who his supervisor is , if he studders, suggest your senator can probably find out.............

mike in co

Gunslinger
02-17-2009, 06:33 PM
Jeffery your Postmaster is a Postidiot...

He's actually b####ing about doing his job!! You are a customer who buys a service that THEY offer... and then he comes up with an attitude like that. He outta get his ### canned if you ask me :twisted:!

I'd go to his superior... which I think I made clear :roll:

klcarroll
02-17-2009, 06:42 PM
It's just like Superchicken used to tell his sidekick Fred: "You knew the job was dangerous when you took it!!!"

The Post Office advertised; "...If it fits, ....It ships!"

They said it: ........They're stuck with it!

Kent

j23
02-17-2009, 06:51 PM
I agree with ghh3rd... a polite complaint will sometimes do the trick.

I had a similar situation at my local post office.. the guy who worked the front counter was about the biggest jerk I have ever met, even if you were simply buying stamps; he just had a horrible attitude.

Being a small town, I ran into the Postmaster at the local gas station, we struck up conversation, and eventually, Mr. Nasty got brought up. Turns out, my complaint was the straw which broke the camel's back; evidentally, I was far from his first complainant. The guy was put on some type of probation (Im not familar with their policies.) A few weeks later I noticed a new girl working the desk. I asked her about Mr. Probation; turns out, he just couldnt bear the burden of being nice to people, and after several more complaints after probation, was fired.

...so again, sometimes, a well written or articulated complaint will do the trick.

EMC45
02-17-2009, 07:29 PM
On all the FRBs I have sent they have said on the bottom that regardless of weight they will ship. I have never heard of a 70lb limit. Even my guy at the P.O. said as long as the box isn't altered and is square it will ship, no matter how heavy. He jokes with me about how I am killing them with the FRBs. I sent out some ingots recently and he asked what they were, and I told him "weights". They used to be right?

Junior1942
02-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Here ya go: General Information, Suggestions, and Complaints 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777)

bbs70
02-17-2009, 07:56 PM
I also live in a small town.
When I go to mail a 50 lb flat rate box I smile at the post guy and say I'm sorry.
And try my best to be pleasant and understanding about the weight.
But as the post office said, they will ship up to 70 lbs.

He is very nice about it, and once said "You know the P.O. is losing money on this".
Of course he had a big smile on his face when he said it.

I think I'll have to write a letter to his supervisor and tell him how good the guy is at his job.
After all everyone wants to feel appreciated, and it might go a long way in the future.

supv26
02-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Not a weight issue but mine is with firearms. I am a dealer and when I ship I try to get the same clerks each time. One is my neighbor and knows what the rules are and the others are very nice. This one gal is always interested and asks me if I have a pee shooter in the box! I have the proper form filled out and ready to go.

I stopped in at another post office in another town once and the clerk told me that guns were illegal to ship through the post office. I even gave him the post office form and he still wouldn't do it. I just gathered my stuff and went to my regular office and mailed it.

Chunky Monkey
02-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Jeffery8mm it sounds like your postal person is pain in the ### who does not want to do his job. I definately would be putting something in writing so he is on record in case your boxes start disappearing or showing up damaged and empty. As far as armpit sweat on my mail . . ewwwwwww I won't even touch that one.

Man I'm lucky. I to live in a small rural town. I bougt 65# of lino ingots from Hershey from swappin & sellin. My mail man lifted them from his truck and put them in my mail box (I have one of those large mailboxes). I had one hell of a time getting it out. I saw him one day and asked him how he got that box in there? He said it took a little work but it went in. I told him when I get a heavy box just leave a note and I'll pick it up. He said it's not big deal.

Like I said I am lucky.

TG70
02-17-2009, 09:46 PM
Reckon I'm lucky also, two boxes of lead (50 to 53 lbs.) that I bought were left on my doorstep, in one case in one of those plastic baskets the Potal Service uses, probably because the box was in poor shape. I shipped a fairly heavy Flat Rate box today. The lady at the counter grunted when she lifted it but retained her smile. Small city with rather rural burbs here.

Tom

timkelley
02-17-2009, 09:54 PM
My Postmistress doesn't weigh a lot over 70 lbs. on a heavy day. She will nontheless, process that 70 lb. box with a smile.

southpaw
02-17-2009, 09:56 PM
after you make your transaction and get your receipt there will be a web address on it. go to it and fill out the survey. thats what I did and my problems went away and come to think of it I havent seen that clerk working the window in a long time. I know that i wasnt the only one to complain about his attitude. write the letters and make the calls too it wont hurt

ddeaton
02-17-2009, 10:00 PM
My mail delivery dude is mad at me. I been getting boxes of lead and brass. He is teed off too. If they wont live up to the package rule, then change it. Then they say they aint makin no money.

Reddot
02-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Typical government employees. The PO is making money on the flat rate boxes. 99.9% of those boxes probably don't weigh much over a few pounds.

Silicon Wolverine
02-17-2009, 10:09 PM
the postal serivce is attempting to pull buisness away from UPS and fed-ex with the flat rate boxes, and succeding at it. file a complaint either online or at the phone number listed above. Changes WILL happen. Heck my old boss got the postmistress FIRED after she lipped off to him once.

SW

JohnH
02-17-2009, 10:31 PM
One of the gals at our PO is into CBA shootzen. I used the smaller flat rate magazine mailer once to send off some boolits for a fella here to try out. She asked what it was, and when I told her, she replied that it was a smart idea to send 'em that way. She was intrigued that I cast my own. At a latter time I shipped off some ingots in the big box. All that she has ever said is this. "You know you can't ship live ammo, right"?

klw
02-17-2009, 10:39 PM
EVERYTIME I take a flat rate box in the local PO, the head dude tells me I am really taking advantage of the flat rate boxes. Thing is, he is not joking or saying it in a funny type way, He is PISSED!!!:twisted:
I rarely pack over 35lbs in a single box, so he is not having to handle a 50lbs box. I assume I am the ONLY person in town who ships a heavy object in these boxes. I am really getting tired of his 'tude!!!! We do have a mostly female postal staff here. They dont really seam to mind. One lady asked what I was mailing and I told her it was lead. She said, yeah right, what is it. I just looked at her and said rocks. She said oh cool!!!

Jeff

I buy a lot of bullet alloy. I usually get it via the post office because of the flat box rate. Now that is going ok but...

I've gotten dozens of boxes, sometimes fifteen at a time. Initially one of the clerks called me in to the main post office to read me the riot act about all these heavy boxes. Not only was she pissed she was clearly damaging the boxes. Absolutely no question about that. When I appealled her rude hateful conduct to the assistant postmaster she had a problem. I haven't seen her working there since. The deputy postmaster was very nice. He made it very clear that he thought that the post office was in a fierce fight with UPS and the post office was loosing. So one of the clerks was a problem but the local management wasn't.

But the fellow who mails this stuff to me, Art Green, is 80. He can not send a 70 pound box becuase his post offices refuse to take them. They have been EXTREMELY hateful to this old man. EXTREMELY HATEFUL. Appeals to management at his post offices (he has tried more than one) have falled on deef ears. The clerks and managers could care less.

Art makes his living selling bullet alloy. This is a real problem for him.

kendall yates
02-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Last week i mailed out one of those new "small flat rate" boxes filled with 12 pounds of lead bars. I told the lady at the PO its heavy and she kinda laughed at me. I told her I wasnt joking and once she about dropped it because she tried takin it from me with one hand she asked what was in it, lead? I told her it was.

Ole
02-17-2009, 11:20 PM
I walked across my yard today to meet my mail lady. She immediately told me she "had another one of my really heavy boxes today". I offered to meet her at the truck and haul the lead out of the truck for her. She seemed appreciative and accepted my offer of help. (It was 67lbs of lead WW ingots that I got in trade from someone)

Seriously though: Why does the USPS set a max of 70lbs on a flat rate priority box if their mail carriers can't handle this kind of package?

Chunky Monkey
02-17-2009, 11:28 PM
I walked across my yard today to meet my mail lady. She immediately told me she "had another one of my really heavy boxes today". I offered to meet her at the truck and haul the lead out of the truck for her. She seemed appreciative and accepted my offer of help. (It was 67lbs of lead WW ingots that I got in trade from someone)

Seriously though: Why does the USPS set a max of 70lbs on a flat rate priority box if their mail carriers can't handle this kind of package?

Cause they want your money ~ it's the gov't!!

montana_charlie
02-17-2009, 11:41 PM
EVERYTIME I take a flat rate box in the local PO, the head dude tells me I am really taking advantage of the flat rate boxes. Thing is, he is not joking or saying it in a funny type way, He is PISSED!!!
Next time he gives you that, ask him this.
"When you spend $1.97 for a gallon of gas, do you want the whole gallon...or are you happy with three and a half quarts?
If you want the whole gallon, you are really advantage of the gas pump."

If you are in a small town, and your zipcode starts with the (say) '357', there is a large town near you that uses '35701'. The main post office in that town is the 'Sectional Center Facility' for all the small towns in the area. The Postmaster of the 'SCF' is the boss of your Postmaster.

If you still have a problem with the local guy, contact the SCF Postmaster.
If you have a cell phone that records audio, it might be handy to have it running the next time your guy hassles you...

If they can't handle 70 pounds, they don't get the job. But, some will use any excuse to avoid handling that much.

On the other hand, it never hurts to be a nice guy...if you aren't being played for a fool.

CM

Idaho_Elk_Huntr
02-17-2009, 11:50 PM
one day I had 21 boxes that weighed 50-53 lbs. 10 trips it took me. They just smiled when they saw me but I bet they were talking smack everytime I went out for more. They had already got a tude with me a month or so before and I got one back told them where they could kiss. I havent had any trouble since.

Recluse
02-18-2009, 12:17 AM
A polite, well-reasoned phone call to BOTH of your U.S. Senators' office there in Mississippi will get the ball rolling.

Been there before. Called both of my senators' offices. Was polite, but extremely firm. Wasn't the only complaintant. Not too long after, we got a new manager at the Post Office. Things changed for the better almost immediately.

:coffee:

buck1
02-18-2009, 12:19 AM

Jeff

Smile and ask for a roll of the free Priority mail tape, and a copy of the offical policy!

Jbar4Ranch
02-18-2009, 12:43 AM
He gave me a 'tude when I politely asked him to carry our mail in his bag because of the sweat...

What the heck is a 'tude?? :headscratch

boommer
02-18-2009, 01:01 AM
I'am paying you to ship it ! Not to hear you whine, don't get your attitude Do I HAVE TO MAKE A CALL! I'm serious that's how put it to him. The thing is your under weight and you are right. Next YOU MAKE A CALL THAT DAY to the district manger and tell them your problem and next time you go in ,you see a different attitude. I have 3 friends that are postal workers and know the postmaster in town and revenue is way down and they looking in all ways to increase it,they do not need the bad rap believe or not.

AZ-Stew
02-18-2009, 01:34 AM
What the heck is a 'tude?? :headscratch

Atti 'TUDE. As in "bad attitude".

Regards,

Stew

Tom Herman
02-18-2009, 01:52 AM
I see that limit a lot... I think it's the heaviest object that you can normally be expected to pick up. I do understand that some UPS boxes exceed that rate, but they are an exception.

I had fun in Maine shipping back a couple of FRB packages, each with a thousand 255 grain .45 long colts in them.
The postmaster about tore his hair out, but finally cheerfully conceded that he had to take them, up to 70 pounds (they were a tad over 40).
He made a great point of telling me that the packages would have cost ten times what I paid if they went via non FRB shipping....

Happy Shootin'! -Tom

pjh421
02-18-2009, 01:52 AM
I'd be sorely tempted to weld up a flat rate box ingot mould...so the FRB would fit the ingot like a paper book jacket with perhaps a cubic micron of airspace. Seriously though, the sooner and more aggressively you confront a bully the quicker you don't have to deal with them anymore. Talk to the boss.

Paul

Buckshot
02-18-2009, 03:24 AM
............On the OTHER hand, pul-eeeeeeeze drop a note about your carrier if they're doing a good job, or the counter folks if they're doing THEIRS. My carrier is tops. I have his cel phone number. If he leaves a note because i wasn't there to sign for somehting all I have to do is call him. He tells me where he is and I can go get it, or since I'm on the way back to the PO he'll also swing by on his way back.

Almost all of my working life has been in dealing with the public in a retail situation, or lots of people in a transportation setting. Generally people are okay, it's the PUBLIC that sucks bad :-) If you do take the time to drop a note for a job well done you'll feel good about it, but imagine how it will make the OTHER person feel? Imagine if that person was you?

..................Buckshot

qajaq59
02-18-2009, 06:33 AM
after you make your transaction and get your receipt there will be a web address on it. go to it and fill out the survey. thats what I did and my problems went away Oh, I'd just bet that they went away. There is nothing like a polite letter to hang a bad employee. Works every time.

Chunky Monkey
02-18-2009, 07:38 AM
............On the OTHER hand, pul-eeeeeeeze drop a note about your carrier if they're doing a good job, or the counter folks if they're doing THEIRS. My carrier is tops. I have his cel phone number. If he leaves a note because i wasn't there to sign for somehting all I have to do is call him. He tells me where he is and I can go get it, or since I'm on the way back to the PO he'll also swing by on his way back.

Almost all of my working life has been in dealing with the public in a retail situation, or lots of people in a transportation setting. Generally people are okay, it's the PUBLIC that sucks bad :-) If you do take the time to drop a note for a job well done you'll feel good about it, but imagine how it will make the OTHER person feel? Imagine if that person was you?

..................Buckshot

That's a good idea Buckshot! My whole post office is tops! How would I go about leaving such positive feedback?

kendall yates
02-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Do you guys ever give your mailman/ mailwoman a gift during the holidays?? I have a great mail lady who will bring stuff that wont fit in the box up on the porch to make sure we get it and its dry if its rainin.

Willbird
02-18-2009, 09:01 AM
I have never got grief from the postmaster for a 68 lb box, but one lazy clerk BROKE her scale with one, she picked that box up and SLAMMED it down on there and then she couldn't get it to reboot and had to use another one :-).

Bill

992B
02-18-2009, 11:30 AM
In our city we have one postal employee that has been on the job 50 years!!! He is a nice guy but why is allowed to work past age 65 with that much time in?? the answer is easy, the inside postal jobs are a piece of cake and they don't want to let it go!!

After getting several pieces of my neighbors' mail I suggested to the mail carrier that we have a mail swapping party once a week at the shelterhouse and that the mail carrier buy the beer. Mail service picked up and errors went way down.

w30wcf
02-18-2009, 11:42 AM
Sorry to hear of your troubles with your local p.o.

In a cheerful voice, you could tell him that you are abiding by the regulations that his employer has set and if he isn't happy about it, he should take it up with his employer. :-D

If he was the "kidding" kind (sounds like he isn't), you could say "Guess what? This is your lucky day! I'm 20# (or whatever the weight is) under your employer's 70# max. weight limit.:-D

To his "Your taking advantage......." "Aw Shucks....now if I was taking advantage, I'd bring several 70# boxes in at one time."

Perhaps a half dozen donuts or another type of peace offering might soften him up.

Good luck,

w30wcf

02-18-2009, 11:57 AM
i mailed the flat rate a few times. i filled out there form on line, paid for it on line, and set the date for them to come inside my place of business and picked it up. i did put lables on laa sides saying HEAVY . had no problum. i do not know if they will pick up at a house. when i know i am getting a heavy box i let the driver know and thll them when it comes come inside and tell me. i will come out and get it because it is going to my house . i will put it in my car.

angus6
02-18-2009, 02:38 PM
I've been shipping a bunch of 50# and 67# alloy boxes lately and it's been smooth sailing so far

qajaq59
02-18-2009, 06:40 PM
Do you guys ever give your mailman/ mailwoman a gift during the holidays?? Yup, most everyone here does. We have our own little post office for about 500 of us.

Willbird
02-18-2009, 06:50 PM
I'd be sorely tempted to weld up a flat rate box ingot mould...so the FRB would fit the ingot like a paper book jacket with perhaps a cubic micron of airspace. Seriously though, the sooner and more aggressively you confront a bully the quicker you don't have to deal with them anymore. Talk to the boss.

Paul

Actually I was talking to some friends in a chat room about just that, for fun we would start out with a 67 lb block of lead and we would each shoot a boolit into it and autograph the bullet hole with the boolit left in the block. Then mail it on to the next guy.

Bill

Dale53
02-18-2009, 06:55 PM
I have been blessed with very nice and cooperative postal employees - both male and female. Our personal mailman is almost without peer. We have curbside mailboxes and he has walked from the truck to make sure we got an envelope undamaged that he figured had a picture in it. He could have "stuffed" it in the mailbox but he figured it might have bent a photo. On Christmas he hears from me in a positive way... I also make sure, in other ways, that he knows that we appreciate him.

However, one time I had a postal employee (a counter man at the main post office) who treated me badly. I threatened to "strain him through the barred window" - the Post Master heard the commotion, asked me what the problem was and the next yelling and screaming I heard was the Post Master taking the counter man to task. The next thing that happened, a few weeks later, that jerk of a counterman was arrested for stealing money from his co-workers money draw. Just a nice guy all around...NOT!

I used to run a sub post office. There are some jerks on the other side of the counter, also[smilie=1:. In general, however, my customers were very cooperative. We treated OUR customers nice, also - we even addressed their envelopes (our sub post office was in a rather poor neighborhood and some couldn't read or write. Our motto was to be HELPFUL, regardless.

Dale53

azrednek
02-18-2009, 08:15 PM

The Post Office has a 70 lb limit on everything, not just the flat rate boxes. Even bulk mailers and magazine publishers have to keep mail sacks under 70 lbs.

Chunky Monkey
02-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Do you guys ever give your mailman/ mailwoman a gift during the holidays?? I have a great mail lady who will bring stuff that wont fit in the box up on the porch to make sure we get it and its dry if its rainin.

No but thats a good idea. What do you give a mail man?

briang
02-18-2009, 08:50 PM
Lottery tickets

Chunky Monkey
02-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Thats a good idea! Nothing like some good ole scratchers!

clintsfolly
02-18-2009, 09:23 PM
ice water on a hot muggy day clint

eka
02-18-2009, 10:22 PM

You bet. Every now and then I leave him a baggie of 240 Gr. SWC in the box. I'm sure truth be known he and I are both committing some Federal hanging offense. :mrgreen:

Keith

kamikaze1a
02-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Keep in mind the saying "going postal" was started because of stressed postal workers losing it. Fortunately not losing it on customers...

Next time they ask you what's in the box, whisper to them "ingot of GOLD!"

fatnhappy
02-18-2009, 11:31 PM
I go fishing with my mailman. Good guy.

Jeffery8mm
02-19-2009, 12:30 AM
Hi guys. Mrs. jeffery8mm here. Thought I'd give y'all an update on our postal saga. Jeff gave me a box of ingots to take to the post office for him today (probably going out to one of you). I had to stand in line behind three people who took forever to get done, but finally I was next; I set my flat rate box on the counter. Our friendly postal worker smiled brightly at me and asked what I'd been up to today. Then he reached for the box to set it up on the scale. Both hands wound up over the scale, but without the box. He reached for it again, and, after bracing himself against the counter got it onto the scale. He was no longer smiling. He peered at me over the top of his glasses and said, "I know where this came from." I just smiled at him. He said, "You know, he's just really taking advantage of the post office." I said, sweetly of course, "Well, it does say 'regardless of weight' right there on the box." "Oh, no, no," says he. "Jeff is taking advantage of the post office. I'm just going to have to call him and talk to him about this. He is just TAKING ADVANTAGE!" Then he goes about his weighing and stickering and such, while I smile sweetly at him and hope he does just that. (Jeff has red hair, and the temper to go with it. I'd really like to hear THAT conversation.) Then he said, "You know it would cost him THIRTY SIX DOLLARS to ship this if he wasn't putting it in this box!" The box, according to the receipt, weighed 47 lb 11.2 oz. I found this so absurd, seeing as how the post office offered the service in the first place, that I didn't even reply. Then he tries to smile at me, but doesn't quite pull it off. I think this guy just has issues!

We do have some really great postal workers here, though. When we were in retail in town, we had one of the best carriers ever, and the other guy and girl at the window in the po are really great. This guy hasn't been here long, and I'm not sure what his problem is. The other employees there call him the postmaster, so I guess he is. They don't like him too much either. Anyway, I'm going to take the survey at the website on the receipt (thanks for the tip!)

pjh421, I LOVE the idea about the flat rate box-sized ingot!! I'm trying to talk Jeff into doing it!! I at least want to put 69.99 lbs in there and take it to him. I mean, really, why complain about a service that you OFFERED to the public in the first place?!?

snaggdit
02-19-2009, 12:31 AM
I have had a PO box for over 10 years in my small town. If I have a package, it doesn't matter which counter person it is, they just get it without asking my PO number. When I ship or receive these heavy boxes, I apologize in advance, but they don't blink. They even laugh as they handle them. I try and pay for shipping online and bring them to the back loading dock. That saves the counter folks from having to lift them onto the scale and then moving them to a bin. One gal last week thought it was funny how much I was saving using the FRB. She kept saying this one would have cost you $30, this one $50... LOL. Small towns and personal relations. Priceless.

Buckshot
02-19-2009, 05:26 AM
That's a good idea Buckshot! My whole post office is tops! How would I go about leaving such positive feedback?

Just write a note and address it to the postmaster at your local post office, or drop it in a sealed envelope with one of the clerks marked to his/her attention.

Not that you should be trying to get anything out of it, but I was looking for a new fuel tank for my '87 Dodge Dakota. It's plastic and it's begun to leak from scrapes and bangs on the underside (it's a 4x4 and I DIDN'T do the scrapeing and banging :-)). I went to wrecking yards, only to find out they pull all the tanks before putting them out for parting.

I called a couple dealers and was told, "Nope, too old and no longer in the system". One day I went past the local Dodge-Jeep dealer and figured I'd stop in and check. I'd seen LOTS of more recent Dakotas and they all had their fuel tanks in the same spot and filler necks in the same place. And heck, maybe they had one in the shop and I could go in and get under it or something?

I went to the parts counter first and the guys name was Andy and maybe a bit older then me (late 50-ish). I explained my problem and what I'd done so far and what I'd been told. He said to hang on and he'd go get the VIN number off my truck. He came back in and got on the computer. After a bit he started talking to himself :-) That, no, no, no, ah wait a minute, okay, nope no, let me check this hold on. THAT kind of stuff. Finally he says A-HAH!

Using the VIN number he managed to cross reference and find out that one gas tank was used on 1986 (carbureted), 1987 (carbureted), and 1988 (throttle body inj) year models, but they had different filler necks due to fuel evaporation and fuel pump types. Then he checked and found ONE fuel tank at a dealership in Miami, FL. I guess I should have been glad it wasn't in Iceland :-) as it turned out the guy in Miami was glad to have it gone and I got it for $150 LESS then what the old list price was and that included shipping.

I wrote a letter to the dealership expressing my satisfaction with how Andy spent the time etc, etc & etc. A couple weeks later I got a nice letter back and a ticket for a free oil change!

...............Buckshot

CastorRiver
02-19-2009, 08:59 AM
I worked at a gun store and tried to help customers save on gun repairs by recomnending they ship malfunctioning guns back to the manufacturer. An individual can mail a rifle to an FFL holder (individuals can't mail a handgun or even carry one into a PO). Anyway, one female counter clerk told my customer he couldn't mail a rifle and that if he didn't get out immediately she would call the police. I accessed the Postal Manual on the 'net and printed out and highlighted the appropriate sections of the regs and left them at the PO for the Postmaster. When I called later the PM said " I know exactly who that clerk is and she is being taken care of." It turns out she was an Illinois resident who had tried to make an illegal handgun purchase at our Missouri store with a false ID. She wasn't around very long after that.

A little kindness goes a long way. You might take a bowl of M&Ms or a box of doughnuts or a dozen Clementines to the PO along with your next heavy FRB. We give our mail lady a Christmas card and $20 every Yuletide. She brings packages that won't fit our big roadside mailbox right up to the door and rings the doorbell and then has to back down a long narrow driveway to get back to the road. We wave to each other as she drives by. It is a very small investment for a large return.

I am a naturally sour and curmudgeonly old guy, but as I get older I work harder at smiling and being nice to people I meet. Telling the harassed, plain girl at McDonald's she has beautiful eyes can make her beautiful for a little while and it doesn't cost anything. FWIW

Tom Herman
02-19-2009, 09:47 AM
Welcome aboard! It's amazing what a smile and a little kindness can accomplish!
I take my hat off to you...

Happy Shootin! -Tom

A little kindness goes a long way. You might take a bowl of M&Ms or a box of doughnuts or a dozen Clementines to the PO along with your next heavy FRB. We give our mail lady a Christmas card and $20 every Yuletide. It is a very small investment for a large return.

I am a naturally sour and curmudgeonly old guy, but as I get older I work harder at smiling and being nice to people I meet. Telling the harassed, plain girl at McDonald's she has beautiful eyes can make her beautiful for a little while and it doesn't cost anything. FWIW