PDA

View Full Version : The Lee 420 Melter

trapper444
01-16-2024, 03:31 AM
I guess that many of us started out with what we could afford and I chose the Lee 420 Pro Melter i HAD THE OTHER LEE furnace its the Lee PRODUCTION POT I CAN'T REMEMBER IF IT CAN HOLD 10 POUNDS OF MOLTEN LEAD I THINK OH I AM NOT SUR IT DONE GOOD BUT I LIKE THE 420 BETTER I BOUGHT ME A BRAND NEW ONE AND I USED IT TWICE AND THE FIRE DESTROIED EVERYTHING MY REVOLVER I SAVED UP FOR IT WAS THE TRADITIOINS PIETTA 1858 REMINGTON NEW ARMY BUFFALO/BISON 12" BBL BRASSED FRAMED AND IT SHOT SO VERY WELL I MISS MY GUNS AND CASTING MY OWN BULLETS gUYS ALL WE CAN DO IS JUST GET RIGHT BACK UP AND DUST MYSELF OFF AND START ALL OVER God sapred me & my son his feet were burned from the tiles melting from the heat he almost didn't make it buy by the grace of God he isstill living thingscan be replaced aand it will take time guys i have always enjoyed this forum and all of the knowledge is flowing like a river :-)

Mk42gunner
01-16-2024, 09:12 PM
trapper444, I am sorry to hear of your fire. Glad to hear that you and your son will recover.

As I have said many times, "Things can be replaced, people can't."

Robert

imashooter2
01-18-2024, 09:43 PM
Casting balls is easy to do out of a small steel or cast iron pot and a yard sale camp stove. You can be back in the game for considerably less than the cost of an electric furnace.

oley55
01-20-2024, 07:58 PM
trapper444 so very sorry to here of the fire and injury to your son. No doubt you have way more pressing issues than casting some bullets, like your home, your work area and everything reloading.

Wishing you all my best and will look forward to your getting back in the game.

Bazoo
01-20-2024, 09:50 PM
Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of your loss but I’m glad you and your son made it out. I lost everything in a fire about 9 years ago. God always sees us through.