PDA

View Full Version : 20 GA High Power Nitro Express Loads - ROUND BALL & BOOLITS

Doubleg
01-10-2024, 03:30 PM
These are loads by Ajay K Madan's R & D. I had a time trying piece all of this together until I got ahold of Ajay. I'm putting this info back out there because I know many will want to see this data again. The guy is a genius and I along with others wish he'd come back to Castboolits!
I have just started to work with these loads for my Savage 220. So far, I have only got the components for the .575 round ball load for the 20 gauge. I am waiting for 3" hulls to arrive and I've finally got a good selection of powders to work with. I just ordered a custom mold from Tom at Accurate molds to use a boolit instead of a round ball so I can work with that as well after I get the round ball load perfected in my 220. Any comments and suggestions are certainly welcome especially those who have already done this using Ajay's data. I will be posting my results with details and data as things progress.

jban
02-09-2024, 10:25 PM
I hope you will keep us informed on how things go.

Adam Helmer
02-10-2024, 02:24 PM
Doubleg,

As I age, I appreciate my 20 gauge shotguns more and more. What is your goal for developing a 20 gauge load? What is the game you intend to hunt? Load development is fun, but these days primers are Hard to find. I will help, if I can.
Be well.
Adam

Jack Russel
04-17-2024, 12:11 PM
I use a .575 round ball loaded like a target load. Just to put big holes in paper. Don't hunt anymore.

fastdadio
04-17-2024, 06:27 PM
I'll be following along on this. I've been loading .575 rb's in the trap commander wad as pictured with BR-5 powder. Doing OK with it out to about 35 yds. I will say some of the powder charges listed in the AJ loads make me nervous.