PDA

View Full Version : looking at new phone, MOTO G

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-03-2024, 11:12 AM
What is everyone's opinion on the Moto G phones?
My iPhone 6 is about done (weak battery).
I'm thinking of spending about $100.
When reading reviews about Samsung Galaxy vs Moto G, Most say that like the Moto G is simpler and the others say the Galaxy run Apps better. I don't run many Apps, but my email app is sucky.

I want simple, but my Outlook email app on my iPhone doesn't work like email on the computer and that is frustrating.
I figure that issue is more about Apple vs Microsoft. All I know is I either have to switch phone brands or switch email address.

So, mostly I want to hear all your good and bad about Moto G.

thanks

Recycled bullet
01-03-2024, 12:39 PM
Moto G is slow and crappy. I just replaced mine with a Walmart Obama phone Samsung a54 and it is significantly better basically every single way that can be measured. I got the a54 on sale for less than $150 about a month ago.

sigep1764
01-03-2024, 01:02 PM
Agree, Samsung is the way to go. Much better basic features, runs smoother and faster, and cases are readily available.

MaryB
01-03-2024, 01:18 PM
I had 2 MotoG's, both suffered battery failure in less than a year... and they refused t warranty it. Samsung Galaxy S20 has stood up for 3 years now...

JonB_in_Glencoe
01-03-2024, 10:00 PM
Thanks for the info so far.
Those are just the kind of opinions/experiences I want to hear.

kerplode
01-03-2024, 10:11 PM
Samsung or Apple are the only real choices. Everything else is an also-ran.

If you want to switch to android, and you're not looking to spend a bunch of money, I'd look at a low-end Samsung.

GhostHawk
01-04-2024, 09:22 AM
I had one for almost 2 years. No issues at all. I have a moto Stylus now which is very similar and dependable.

William Yanda
01-04-2024, 09:50 AM
When I was forced to upgrade by my carrier I had to give up a flip phone. I could purchase another flip phone or get a Moto for free. I opted for free and am still using it a couple of years later. Comparison? Sorry. One phone at a time for me.

MrWolf
01-04-2024, 10:03 AM
Not a fan of the Moto, just don't like em. Samsung is not high on may list either. Took a Verizon promo on the IPhone mini (?) 12 which does what I need it to do. Camera is not that good but my gf takes all the pics anyway. I haven't used outlook in who knows how long so can't comment on that with the IPhone. Good luck.

Handloader109
01-04-2024, 10:06 PM
NO, JUST NO. My daughter and I had two back to back earlier versions and both of hers died in a year, my first one died in that time frame, second one lasted longer. The company NEVER upgraded the version of the android system that was initially installed on either version.
Get a Samsung if you want to go with an android. 2 plus years on this one and no issues at all. SAMSUNG has updated almost monthly.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

elmacgyver0
01-04-2024, 10:23 PM
I liked it better when you could remove and replace the batteries.
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks it is about control, the phone is always on even when it isn't.

MaryB
01-04-2024, 10:23 PM
Note: Motorola was bought out and is now made in China...