PDA

View Full Version : Cast in an AR *video*

Wolfdog91
01-02-2024, 06:52 AM
Posted results a while ago but finally got around to making the video. Showing all my mistakes along with success. Tired to explain everything semi decent,this was a daily impromptu load development though so dint really get into the loading process. ASL have before and after bore scope footage of the bore and gas port.
Was a fun little project still got a week before I can get home and play with it more.

https://youtu.be/k7HEcfpGWvU?si=mIRpeYk6LBPS7bb4

littlejack
01-02-2024, 04:54 PM
Thanks for taking the time to make the video. That's some good shoot'n sho-nuff. Endevor to persevere with your pursuit.

Baltimoreed
01-02-2024, 05:41 PM
Thanks for the video. You need to seat those fat nose pc boolits down to the crimp groove to clear the rifling. I’m building a x39 using a BCA side charger on my Seekins lower. Ill load up some ammo and post a photo. If I can get it to run I’ll get it painted OD. 321672

Fitz
01-02-2024, 05:50 PM
very well done

Elpatoloco
01-03-2024, 10:50 AM
A couple of questions.

1. What is that bore camera? Exact model, etc?

2. I Mean absolutely No offense by this, but I have to ask. How Old are you Wolfdog? I am crappy guessing the older I get, but you look like Early 20's? Reason I ask is its pretty uncommon to see Young Men casting where I am from. Seems like its just us Old dudes.

lar45
01-03-2024, 02:50 PM
Very nice video Wolfdog.
Have you checked your twist rate? I'm guessing 1:10
my 7.62x39 AR Pistol has a 1:10 with .308 groove, but has a .311 throat. So getting anything to shoot was a challenge.
I'm going to have to dig out my 30xcb mold and cast up some fresh bullets to give it a try.
I just picked up some A2200 powder, so I'll try it also.

Wolfdog91
01-14-2024, 03:12 PM
A couple of questions.

1. What is that bore camera? Exact model, etc?

2. I Mean absolutely No offense by this, but I have to ask. How Old are you Wolfdog? I am crappy guessing the older I get, but you look like Early 20's? Reason I ask is its pretty uncommon to see Young Men casting where I am from. Seems like its just us Old dudes.

It's the teslong rigid. I'll post a screenshot of the exact one in a sec .
As far as my age I just made 26 in December, yeah I get alot of weird looks in alot of circles I'm in due to my age. There's actually a lot of bullet casters in my age groups but due to growing up on and knowing that the Internet works you very rarely see up post must on old school forums like this . If there a large population of older people we know there's gonna be a lot of clashings and generally where just not interested in all the drama

Wolfdog91
01-14-2024, 03:12 PM
Very nice video Wolfdog.
Have you checked your twist rate? I'm guessing 1:10
my 7.62x39 AR Pistol has a 1:10 with .308 groove, but has a .311 throat. So getting anything to shoot was a challenge.
I'm going to have to dig out my 30xcb mold and cast up some fresh bullets to give it a try.
I just picked up some A2200 powder, so I'll try it also.

I actually have no clue what the twist rates on it is lol I'll have to check