PDA

View Full Version : T/C Scout .50 Caliber pistol accessories

Ironwrx
01-01-2024, 06:25 PM
Hi. My best friend just gave me a .50 caliber T/C Scout pistol for Christmas. I love the pistol and I’d love to get a couple of important accessories. There’s a takedown tool factory part #9430 I’d love to get if anyone has one they’d sell. Also I need to get or make a ramrod. I believe the original is made like a ball starter, with a longer rod. If anyone has one and could give me dimensions, that would be great. Thanks - Jonhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240101/142d6e57d87a93a9f586394c74da4ca1.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240101/b5d8ff039a8d23d677defea30d5f5ee2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sasquatch-1
01-02-2024, 07:32 AM
For the ram rod, DO NOT get the hollow aluminum one. I believe it is marketed under the Traditions name. I bought one years ago and the insert that the jag screws into came out in the barrel because the rod split. Check The possibles Shop and track of the Wolf.

Ironwrx
01-02-2024, 07:55 AM
For the ram rod, DO NOT get the hollow aluminum one. I believe it is marketed under the Traditions name. I bought one years ago and the insert that the jag screws into came out in the barrel because the rod split. Check The possibles Shop and track of the Wolf.

Good idea. I like that company. They seem to have good products. I may just go with a solid brass one. I found a 3//8 brass rod and I was going to thread the end and make a ferrule, boar it out, turn down the end of a dowel, epoxy it onto the dowel, but then I got lazy. Plus, I mean, it’s not like the extra weight of a solid brass ramrod is going to kill me. Look at how much the Scout weighs!!

gunther
01-02-2024, 09:54 AM
An Allen wrench, a small screwdriver, and an adjustable wrench will get it apart. Another gadget you will need is a very small brush to clean the fire channel in the barrel and breach plug. TC may still sell them. Lacking that, some really aggressive pipe cleaners ought to work. Or maybe a properly sized piece of music wire. Misfires are a pain. The grips are the best I've ever used. A dab of antiseeze on the breach plug/nipple will help get it apart next time. Those nipples are expensive, if you can find them. The power you can get out of it is amazing. You might be able to find a 50 caliber hollow base slug mold. TC did make a shoulder holster for these.

Ironwrx
01-02-2024, 10:07 AM
An Allen wrench, a small screwdriver, and an adjustable wrench will get it apart. Another gadget you will need is a very small brush to clean the fire channel in the barrel and breach plug. TC may still sell them. Lacking that, some really aggressive pipe cleaners ought to work. Or maybe a properly sized piece of music wire. Misfires are a pain. The grips are the best I've ever used. A dab of antiseeze on the breach plug/nipple will help get it apart next time. Those nipples are expensive, if you can find them. The power you can get out of it is amazing. You might be able to find a 50 caliber hollow base slug mold. TC did make a shoulder holster for these.

My generous friend just ordered a replacement nipple from Track of the Wolf for less than $20! I realize separate tools will work, but it would be so nice to have a dedicated all-in-one tool that could be taken with the pistol. Just find the flea bay price a bit prohibitive. $49.00 [emoji30]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240102/cfe095c11c7c52e3a7b84c8e44f59200.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240102/bd75fe765aa952eb909ef5e4505e01eb.jpg

LAGS
01-02-2024, 11:14 AM
Now that you see what the TC factory tool looks like.
If you can't find one , or can't afford the price.
You can always make one for yourself.

elmacgyver0
01-02-2024, 11:54 AM
Now that you see what the TC factory tool looks like.
If you can't find one , or can't afford the price.
You can always make one for yourself.

Beat me to it!
Looks like a pretty simple project with hand tools.

BFJ
01-02-2024, 03:11 PM
Nice Christmas present. Need range report.

fixit
01-02-2024, 06:10 PM
I bought one of those factory new way back when, and it came with a short starter that had a ramrod length rod attached..... pretty much a purpose built tool. It wouldn't be hard to duplicate.