PDA

View Full Version : Used casings

kendall yates
02-16-2009, 09:05 PM
I was haulin some scrap steel to the recycler today and noticed a 55 gallon drum of used bullet casings. My question is are they of any value besides scrap? Before yall ask I didnt get a chance to see exactly what they were but i would guess 30-30. I can find out later this week possibly if they are valuable to ya guys.

snaggdit
02-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Several folks have recently bought drums like this and proceded to sort casings then sell the results. We all are willing to pay decent prices (a little below the going rates) for sorted once fired brass, preferrably tumbled. If you can get it for a reasonable price ($.25 to .50 a lb) and feel like putting some spare time in sorting, you will make a few bucks and as long as you price it cheap make some of us happy as well! Do a little searching around the Internet and this site for once fired brass and you will begin to get a picture of it's value. Sell it in unsorted headstamp bags of 1000 with shipping in flat rate boxes included. Wait until you get it all sorted then post what you have with prices. Watch it go!

runfiverun
02-17-2009, 11:08 AM
i think he meant range scrap, but just the bullet jackets?

monadnock#5
02-17-2009, 12:45 PM
It all depends on the pedigree of the brass. When housedad found brass at the recycler, he asked the manager where it came from, and then checked with the local range and PD to make sure that the majority of it was once fired. I guarantee nobody would give a plug nickle for the brass I turn in to the dealer.

par0thead151
02-17-2009, 02:44 PM
even I do not look at the scrap yard for brass casings. too many variables. the best places to look are police ranges, and rifle matches at gun clubs...
or just pick up what you see at the range when you go...