PDA

View Full Version : Coles Custom Beretta 680 series trigger conversion

Patrick L
12-31-2023, 08:29 AM
I recently acquired a set of 12/410 Seminole Chambermates. These were a drop in unit that would fit any gun in the parent gauge. Unfortunaltely Seminole folded awhile ago and these are no longer made. Now I've had a set of 20/410s for about 15 years, and they've reset my inertia triggers in every gun I've ever tried them in. The 12/410s are 100% reliable in my Browning Citori, but will not reset my Beretta Silver Pigeon III 687 100 % of the time. Regardless of which barrel I fire first, factory AAs or my reloads. I get about 75-80 % but obviously that's not good enough. Oh well you can't win them all!

What exactly is entailed in Coles conversion? Is it simply a matter of a lighter inertia block/spring? After all, Beretta makes 410 686/687s. Or is there more to it than that? I confess this is something I never really paid attention to since it didn't apply to me.

Due to my proximity to Coles, as well as their reputation I do want to use them (plus an excuse for a road trip, perhaps something might follow me home???), so please don't suggest Kolar/Briley/whatever. I'm sure they are superb, but I'm really interested in using Coles.

Patrick L
01-02-2024, 12:36 PM
Wow! This is the first time in almost 20 years I didn't get a question answered on this forum!

Fortunately I called Coles and had a nice conversation with one of their people. They explained everything I needed to know. I was correct, on a 680 series gun it is not an actual conversion, they replace the spring with one of their own design. On some of the higher end guns like the DT10/DT11 they actually do make a conversion to a true mechanical trigger.

porthos
01-06-2024, 05:09 PM
i probably did several dozen when i was a "smith " in a target shotgun shop. after removing the stock it is a 5! minute job stoning the inertia block. companies charge way too much for this task!!!