azcoyhunter
02-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Hi all,

What is the difference between the

Lee Classic Turret Press

and the

Lee Turret Press ?

Are all Lee Turret Presses Auto Index?

I currently have 2 single stage presses, and I am looking to purchase a Lee Turret Press

But not sure which one...

I will reload 45 ACP, 45LC, 454 Casull, 30/30, 7mm Mauser, 243, 38 Special

What do you think about the Lee Loadmaster, or the Pro 1000?

I am wanting to spend my money wisley.

mooman76
02-16-2009, 07:21 PM
The classic cast press is made heavier out of cast steel or iron. I bought one of the single stage classic cast and it's built like a tank. I bought a 3 hole lee older turret. You can get 3 or 4 hole in the older ones, not sure about the new and they do make a 4 hole adapter if you want to convert. I bought mine used to get it cheaper w/ a bunch of turrets. They are all auto indexing unless like mine some people remove that pice to use like a single stage. That way I can do one step at a time but the dies are already adjusted where I want them.

mold maker
02-16-2009, 08:00 PM
PM sent

Hi all,

What is the difference between the

Lee Classic Turret Press

and the

Lee Turret Press ?

Are all Lee Turret Presses Auto Index?

I currently have 2 single stage presses, and I am looking to purchase a Lee Turret Press

But not sure which one...

I will reload 45 ACP, 45LC, 454 Casull, 30/30, 7mm Mauser, 243, 38 Special

What do you think about the Lee Loadmaster, or the Pro 1000?

I am wanting to spend my money wisley.

NoDakJak
02-16-2009, 08:01 PM
The Lee Classic with four hole turret is great for pistol and the smaller rifle cartridges. I removed the spiral shaped indexer so that I can use this a a single stage press to control every step. After a "Whoopsy Oh Oh!" with pistol powders I want to know for sure just how much powder is in each cartridge. I would like to eventually replace this press with the Classic Turret and reserve my RCBS A2 for the really heavy duty stuff like case forming. Neil

Russ in WY
02-16-2009, 11:15 PM
The Lee Classic Turret has gotten very good reviews here & on other sites. I just ordered a complete setup from Midway this past weekend. They had a sale for online account customers. I saved enough from all the stuff I ordered from there regular prices to pay for the shipping. Even with 2 items on backorder & the extra cost of there shipping I was still $2+ ahead . I ordered the Press,2 turrets, 2 different powder measures, expander dies for 38/44/45, & couple other items. Total was just over $270. Now all I have to do is wait for the Brown Trk. Russ.