PDA

View Full Version : CZ 97 BD Barrel Bushing broke

Hossfly
12-27-2023, 06:14 PM
I’ve got a CZ97BD with a factory installed Barrel bushing that has separated the threaded part that screws into the frame and centers the tube, from the part that allows you to screw it in place, same as the 1911 does with its bushing.

My question is would it be ok to continue to shoot, even with this part of the bushing missing? The bushing is still in the slide, and centering the barrel like it’s supposed to.

Cajun gun works, doesn’t have one or any other suppliers. They will machine the frame out and install a 1911 type bushing for some big $$$.

.45 ACP Chech made pistol discontinued.

lar45
12-27-2023, 08:18 PM
Did you try CZ for parts? Or maybe Numrich?

sigep1764
12-27-2023, 11:08 PM
CZ USA has parts for days

Hossfly
12-28-2023, 12:15 PM
CZ USA has parts for days
They may have parts for days but they dont have this part.
Numrich list part but none in stock. On waiting list several suppliers. Anyone know of any other places to look?

rintinglen
12-28-2023, 10:23 PM
Any gunsmith worthy of the name ought to be able to remove the bushing and solder the ring back on it, provided you have both parts. If not, I believe you will still be able to use the gun while you stalk the rare and elusive barrel bushing. It appears that the threaded portion ought to have plenty of surface to continue to guide the barrel as the slide travels during cycling of the firearm.

sigep1764
12-28-2023, 10:26 PM
Dang, I can't find one anywhere. I usually have luck. I didn't check gunbroker, tho

sigep1764
12-28-2023, 10:28 PM
Nope, no parts there either

Hossfly
12-29-2023, 11:23 AM
I’m not a smith but have silver soldered most of my life, will give it a go. Probably will hold the rest of my life. Or till they catch up on parts supply. 45% silver with proper flux and clean up should fix it.

Frosty Boolit
01-03-2024, 06:53 AM
I'm curious to hear how this works out. Does silver solder need the same temperature as brazing such as in copper refrigerant lines? I would cringe if I had my barrel orange with a turbotorch. I always thought that this type of metal joining would be done with one of those induction heating coils or brazed before heat treatment of the part. I have been in a similar situation and either sold the gun as parts or leaned it up in a corner. My experience wasn't with this particular firearm. If there is a new skill to be learned here I'd like to know it for the future.

Hossfly
01-03-2024, 09:59 AM
Haven’t done it yet, but the broke bushing will not be soldered any where near the barrel. This style bushing is threaded into the frame, so the Bbl slides thru. Will prabally be in a fixture to hold together while it’s being fluxed and soldered. Then any excess filed out or dremmeled out, shouldn’t need much, to do this job.

Update on bushings available, 0.

Hossfly
02-11-2024, 09:36 AM
Update Cajun Gun Works finally got a bushing in. I installed it, newer type with multi position shape for proper orientation. Loaded up and fired 20 rounds for testing function and accuracy. Worked flawlessly, now I can work on the broken bushing to solder and fit for extra.