PDA

View Full Version : WTB WTB: Lyman .432 lube sizer die.

CoolHandMoss
12-26-2023, 09:03 PM
Looking for a .432 lube sizer die. I can only find new retail right now. Might also be interested in a .432 push through. I'd also be interested in a hundred or so .44 mag and a hundred or so .44 special brass for a package deal.

Alstep
12-28-2023, 01:27 AM
I just checked my Lyman, RCBS, & Lee catalogs, and none list a .432 die. Might want to consider getting the next smaller die, chuck it in a lathe, and lap it out with a dowel and some very fine emery paper. Go slow & check often. I've done that several times to get the size needed.

CoolHandMoss
12-29-2023, 09:01 PM
I'd seen one listed somewhere so I thought it existed but perhaps not. If you lap the die do you get lube pushing past the plunger?

Alstep
12-30-2023, 01:53 AM
The ones I lapped out worked out just fine. The extra .001 clearance didn't seam to cause any problems. I suppose if you really cranked up the pressure on the lube, you might get some lube bleeding past the plunger. I'm using BW/Alox which flows into the grooves nicely. As long as you push the bullet down in the die so the base is below the lower die holes, the bullet really seals the lube from seeping by. The plunger only pushes the bullet out. Give it a try, good luck.

Iowa Fox
12-30-2023, 07:17 AM
Buckshot used to make them so they do exist. Maybe someone that is getting out of the business will see your add. I have one and they are works of art.