PDA

View Full Version : H&R barrel manufacturing methods

Hannibal
12-24-2023, 09:17 PM
I've seen a limited amount of discussion about the attachment method used to secure the lug near the breach changing on the H&R Topper and Handi Rifles.

Something along the lines of switching from soldering to welding? Just curious if anyone might know where I can find some published material on this subject?

Thanks in advance.

corbinace
12-25-2023, 02:01 AM
I do not have any documentation but I believe I have seen welded, soldered/silver soldered and what I think looks like one piece.

John Taylor
12-25-2023, 10:35 AM
I have done silver solder and welding with a tig torch. Need to be careful with both. Silver solder can flow into the extractor groove and welding can distort things. The factory used silver solder on the early ones and then went to machine welding.

Hannibal
12-25-2023, 12:39 PM
I have done silver solder and welding with a tig torch. Need to be careful with both. Silver solder can flow into the extractor groove and welding can distort things. The factory used silver solder on the early ones and then went to machine welding.

Ah. That's what I was wondering about. Thank you for the information. I really appreciate it.