PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Collimator

catmandu
12-22-2023, 12:49 PM
I have been collecting Collimator readings on various rifle scopes and have a few questions. I'm hoping some on the list may have already tried some of this and have advise on its practical use.

I realize that there are factors other than scope rifle that affect the results. Stock weld, cheek placement on comb, centering of the eye in the scope and range rifle is zeroed at, and others I may not have thought of yet.

Most of my readings occur in the same quadrant of the grid. Some more or less but about the same general area.
Has this been others experience?

I assume that its not the goal to get 0 U/D and 0 L/R? I believe its use is to collect data on a particular setup to aid checking zero.

If others have more to add or other uses please share.

Thanks,
Paul
Merry Christmas Everyone.

BK7saum
12-23-2023, 09:14 AM
I think each reading is unique to the rifle/scope/zero and there are no parallels or correlations between guns. Use it for what it is, a way to confirm zero without access to a range or getting a rough boresight before confirming/zeroing on paper.

catmandu
12-25-2023, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the reply. They are a useful tool. I just wanted input on how others use them, I might have missed out on a good use for them