PDA

View Full Version : Camera trouble

GOPHER SLAYER
12-21-2023, 01:59 PM
I have four cameras and none of them work. The one I was using to post pictures is a Kodak. It says the batteries are dead even with new batteries. All the camera shops have closed in this area. How do you guys handle this problem?

kerplode
12-21-2023, 02:10 PM
Buy a new camera?

Modern electronics are disposable...

Hickory
12-21-2023, 02:15 PM
A throw away society makes for a strong economy.

Recycled bullet
12-21-2023, 02:16 PM
Use a bright flashlight and inspect clearly the electrical connections where the batteries go. Make sure that nothing looks out of place, is bent broken or corroded. Secondly verify that the battery is fully charged with a multimeter. Make sure that the output voltage is approximately the same as the UL sticker that will be on the battery probably also on the charger.

trebor44
12-21-2023, 02:26 PM
Could there be a "secondary" battery. Google it for the make and model.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-21-2023, 02:28 PM
I had Kodak (Easy Share I think?) camera. It took AA batteries. BUT, it only worked with the silver colored Energizer AA Ultimate Lithium batteries.

GOPHER SLAYER
12-21-2023, 03:23 PM
Thank you, guys for all your suggestions. I will let you know if I get it working.

georgerkahn
12-21-2023, 06:58 PM
I have four cameras and none of them work. The one I was using to post pictures is a Kodak. It says the batteries are dead even with new batteries. All the camera shops have closed in this area. How do you guys handle this problem?

I have two Kodak brand digital cameras -- both OLDIES -- and the 1st did same as yours -- which is why I purchased the 2nd. Murphy Law, as soon as 2nd came -- 1st started working again. For mine, I deciphered the "problem" was with the little storage memory card. E.g., I took it out of the dead camera and put it into the new one, and...same! A quick trip to Wal*Mart and I bought a pack of two cards -- note, they need to be the special ones both in max size and type as specified by Kodak -- and as soon as I put it in the camera, it functioned. Then I put the 2nd card in initial one -- and now it, too works.
You did not specify model ... But, if similar -- I hope this helps.
geo

trebor44
12-21-2023, 07:33 PM
SD cards (storage) can be/are an issue, especially with some 'older' cameras. Just like computer memory there are limits. It does help to have the manual for the item or track down information via the web. Even then it may be a bust!

sukivel
12-21-2023, 08:19 PM
I would upgrade to a better smartphone before I bought a digital camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elmacgyver0
12-21-2023, 08:37 PM
Not everybody likes smartphones.

MaryB
12-22-2023, 01:15 PM
SD cards can only be written to so many times before failure.

sukivel
12-22-2023, 01:26 PM
Not everybody likes smartphones.

I agree…everyone doesn’t like digital cameras either…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lavenatti
12-22-2023, 05:29 PM
I had Kodak (Easy Share I think?) camera. It took AA batteries. BUT, it only worked with the silver colored Energizer AA Ultimate Lithium batteries.

My wife had a camera like this. Needed batteries with a beefy output.

MrWolf
12-22-2023, 09:57 PM
If you are using rechargeable batteries that could also be an issue. Some electronics won't work well with them.