PDA

View Full Version : Just throwing this out there

brstevns
12-15-2023, 09:03 PM
Do you believe in Ghost?
I do not mean the Holy Ghost, I sure hope you beiieve in him.

Txcowboy52
12-15-2023, 09:22 PM
I have never seen one, but that doesn’t mean anything. The Bible speaks of demons and spirits, I believe in the Bible . Absolutely believe in the Holy Ghost!!

GhostHawk
12-15-2023, 09:58 PM
I have seen one, once. My wife had her hair touched through a solid wall with bookshelves built onto it and fully stacked with books.

My sighting was in our house, around 2 am, I got up to go to the bathroom. Looked at the 2 living room windows which face out onto the street.
There was a black see through silhouette framed in the window. By the time I did what I needed and looked again it was gone.

We have often heard what sounds like size 12 shoes hitting the floor above us. No heat or cooling up there, limited electricity so we mostly use that space for storage. Not all that easy to walk around up there.

The worst period was right after we bought the house and were tearing things apart, new plumbing and wiring etc.
He did not much care for that. After things settled down so did he.

Winger Ed.
12-15-2023, 10:10 PM
I've had a few encounters with 'regular' ghosts.

I've asked people who claimed to be rather devote Christians when the subject of ghosts came up,
and they said they didn't believe in ghosts.

I'd ask if they didn't believe in ghosts, how do they rationalize the Biblical 'Father, Son, and Holy Ghost thing"?
Then it always got real quiet.

Gtrubicon
12-15-2023, 10:25 PM
I don’t believe in ghosts.

Texas Gun
12-16-2023, 12:15 AM
they are not ghosts they are demons and minions and even angles of the devil even god him self says they walk the earth and that when we die we go to heven or hell in a blink of a eye and cant travle back and forth

1I-Jack
12-16-2023, 03:30 AM
Yes I believe in ghosts/spirits. 1 Samuel Ch 28 records the story of King Saul using the witch of Endor to call up Samuel's ghost (spirit).

MrWolf
12-16-2023, 10:51 AM
Saw my ex Mother in Law after she died in the upstairs window of their house. Goose bumps just thinking about it. My ex, her mother, was killed in the house and there were discussions between my ex and her sister if the mother would be moving out with the one sister who still lived there. They had seen her also on multiple occasions.

brstevns
12-16-2023, 11:20 AM
I am a Christian as well, but I have seen things and felt things. That is why I put this question out there, am I the only Christian this has happened to?

MrWolf
12-16-2023, 07:33 PM
I am a Christian as well, but I have seen things and felt things. That is why I put this question out there, am I the only Christian this has happened to?

I am also.

BLAHUT
12-16-2023, 08:36 PM
I am a Christian and I believe and I have seen; when they come around, I welcome them and ask them to stay ??

.429&H110
12-17-2023, 01:53 AM
I was 26 when I saw the Light;

As an arrogant child I was fearless, went on "hauntings" exploring, trespassing, going places we really shouldn't've. One dare was to bring back a souvenir from the morgue of the abandoned Danvers State Hospital. It's just a place, creepy yes, but just a place. Some of my cohort believed in God and ghosts, I challenged them to show me they said I won't see ghosts because I didn't believe in them. We saw no ghosts. Maybe you won't see one because you are looking for the wrong one.

It may be The Holy Spirit finds you because you invited Him. So be careful who you invite to your house. Thank You Lord.

Now that I have the Book I have seen the Holy Spirit's Works, then and now I have met some evil people, people who delight in harm and mayhem. Now I know the difference between them and me, as a wild child there wasn't much.
There may well be ghosts of people.
I believe we are first a soul, with a body for now, animated by a spirit.
I have seen the world wound/ kill a person's spirit, leaving what? A lost soul.
Jesus gave us specific instructions to go find and redeem them.
"...prayer and fasting." He said.

Good Cheer
12-17-2023, 09:36 AM
Do you believe in Ghost?

By observation humanity sees a little of of how our creator has set things up, that sometimes the deceased do not immediately and permanently become imperceivable. Can that also involve the abilities of the living to see what's happening? Perhaps so.
Sometimes some remnant of the deceased lingers in a location.
Sometimes the deceased reach out to loved ones.
And sometimes they come to assist a loved one when it is in turn their time to die.

The episode at Endor tells us to not go looking for communicating with the dead.
That doesn't mean a "ghost" is an evil spirit.

brstevns
12-22-2023, 12:03 PM
As a boy in my teens I once saw what appeared to be the lower half of a man walked down the hall by my bedroom. My lttle dog saw it as well as he snawled at it and then whined and jumped into my bed with me. I always felt uneasy in that house. There were always strange noises as if something had fallen over or broke, but go to check it out you would fine nothing out of place. I was so happy when we moved from that place. I should have mentioned my Mother also saw the half of man.

Scorpion8
12-22-2023, 12:41 PM
Ghosts exist, there is just too much energy (IMHO) in the human spirit to just "go away". And why isn't it odd then that every religion even those dating from pre-Christian/pre-Islamic eras have ghosts/spirits in them? My current house has ghosts, not the haunted-scary kind, but the wife and I routinely hear steps, movement and music playing late at night. We figure if they're partying, then that's fine. Although would kinda like to be invited.

Arkansas Paul
12-29-2023, 01:24 PM
I do not believe in ghosts. If I am ever presented with evidence, I will adjust my view accordingly.

While I'm not sure what I believe anymore, I know that most here are devout believers and most here place great value on the scriptures.
So I point you to Ecclesiastes 9:5-6.

'For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun."
(Emphasis mine)

Of course there is that scripture where King Saul summoned a ghost with the help of a witch. Do with that contradiction what you will.

farmbif
12-29-2023, 01:42 PM
my house has ghosts in it. they chased off some renters 50 years ago, that I was told by family members of the woman I bought the house from. first time I saw them in the middle of night I reached for the 357 mag then when I was awake and realized that no firearm would have any effect. saw them once since. I only see them when a relative of the family that used to live in this house dies.
yeah I know what people might say but you won't know what does or does not exist until you experience it for yourself

brstevns
12-29-2023, 04:37 PM
I do not believe in ghosts. If I am ever presented with evidence, I will adjust my view accordingly.

While I'm not sure what I believe anymore, I know that most here are devout believers and most here place great value on the scriptures.
So I point you to Ecclesiastes 9:5-6.

'For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun."
(Emphasis mine)

Of course there is that scripture where King Saul summoned a ghost with the help of a witch. Do with that contradiction what you will.

I always believed that Ecclesiastes 9:5-6 was speaking of the body its self, not of the soul of a person.

Shawlerbrook
12-29-2023, 04:46 PM
The longer I live, the more I am open to believing almost anything. After all, I always thought who was a boy and who was a girl was settled science.

georgerkahn
12-29-2023, 05:34 PM
Do you believe in Ghost?

I do not think -- in my case -- "believe in Ghost" is appropriate. Both my wife and I have seen unexplainable shadows -- primarily going up - the staircase -- in our built-in-1934 old house. On one occasion I would still swear on a stack of bibles someone touched my left hand. And, we've experienced "creepy feelings" which abated after we actually voiced to "whatever" to kindly leave us alone.
Maybe I'm overdue for the looney-bin ???? -- but... you asked.
geo

brstevns
12-30-2023, 11:51 AM
The Ghost Mobil, I have lived in the same house for over 50 years . I am in my 70's. When my family frist moved here in 1970 my Mother and I would often see a Silver or sometimes White Van come down our street which is a dead end. If it came back up our street every thing was good. If however we seen this Van go down the street but not come back up the street, as if it Vanished we knew someone we knew, be it a friend or family member was going to die. It was always within a few days we would be notified of a death. It was always a death of someone you never expected to die, not a sick relative or friend etc. This went on for about 4 years before we stopped seeing this. People have always said I am nuts when I tell this story , all I know is what I seen and what would happen.

Baltimoreed
12-30-2023, 12:06 PM
As in ‘I see dead people’? No. If there were you couldn’t live near let alone visit Gettysburg, Auschwitz or Hiroshima for them knocking things off the walls, rearranging the chairs and getting in your face. Sylvia Brown was a hoax.

brstevns
12-30-2023, 05:14 PM
As in ‘I see dead people’? No. If there were you couldn’t live near let alone visit Gettysburg, Auschwitz or Hiroshima for them knocking things off the walls, rearranging the chairs and getting in your face. Sylvia Brown was a hoax.

Have read were people say they have seen ghosts at Gettysburg and the Andersonville prison camp.

Good Cheer
01-11-2024, 11:33 AM
Projecting ghost images? Why not?
We're spirit beings with all kinds of amazing abilities.

Nines&Twos
02-12-2024, 08:15 PM

This is not a contradiction at all. The witch of Endor communed with familiar spirits. These are not the souls of men but evil spirits....demons if you will but the Bible never uses that word to my knowledge. These spirits have been around men for a VERY long time and can relate things that have happened in the past...put on a good sideshow and convince most any sheep they are a 'ghost' when they are in fact nothing more than evil spirits. Saul wanted to talk to Samuel....The only flesh and blood to ever walk this earth with enough voltage to reach out and touch a soul passed on is Jesus Christ. The name Emmanuel tells you all you need to know as to HOW he could manage it.
Hard for me to say what others have seen...there's some weird things we don't understand but there are no souls that once belonged to flesh man allowed to dwell here.
Upon death, the soul goes instantly back to the Father who gave it....HE will put on one side of the gulf or the other and there you will stay until this earth age plays out and the Great White Throne Judgment.
Evil spirits...yes
Ghosts..no

This is my opinion based on how I understand what I have read. It is what I believe.

brokeasajoke
02-12-2024, 09:26 PM
they are not ghosts they are demons and minions and even angles of the devil even god him self says they walk the earth and that when we die we go to heven or hell in a blink of a eye and cant travle back and forth
This^. The spiritual world consisting of angels and demons but technically they are all angels. But...Jude 6 says the fallen angels are reserved in chains. Don't forget the transfiguration appearance.

Thundarstick
02-13-2024, 09:32 AM
Mat 17:3

Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

I think you are dead wrong about the account concerning Saul. It appears Samuel was angry that he had been roused and that he knew exactly who he was talking to "a dead man"!

1Sa 28:15

And Samuel said to Saul, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And Saul answered, I am sore distressed; for the Philistines make war against me, and God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams: therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me what I shall do.

Note neither place in the scriptures say, and the spirit told Saul, or the spirits spoke to Jesus. The scriptures said Samuel, Moses, Elijah!

Another thing to ponder. Why would an evil spirit tell Saul the truth, how would the spirit know the truth, and not give Saul some flowery goop about how everything was going to be roses for Saul?

fixit
02-13-2024, 10:11 AM
It is worth noting that the medium at endor reacted with a cry of surprise when Samuel came up..... this suggests that she was not accustomed to seeing the actual spirits, but rather counterfeits. This lends to the idea that her normal conjuring was in the form of demonic entities masked as loved ones or whomever else.

Good Cheer
02-13-2024, 12:40 PM
"God is departed from me, and answereth me no more, neither by prophets, nor by dreams"...

No doubt as to why he was upset.

Nines&Twos
02-13-2024, 01:47 PM
...In verse 14 (1Samuel 28) the witch says she saw an old man..Saul "perceived" it was Samuel doesn't necessarily mean it IS samuel......Samuel being dead in the flesh and present with the LORD would HAVE to be in an incorruptible body (celestial) and as I understand it (or perhaps I do NOT understand) ...in our celestial bodies we will appear as most Biblical accounts of angels...early 30's ...our prime if you will...about the age Christ was when he was crucified. I don't think we will appear to be an old man in our new body. .....They may have believed they were talking to Samuel....and no doubt an evil spirit having been going to and fro about the earth for centuries would have plenty of knowledge.....as far as speaking truth....truth works for evil too. Lucifer would gladly tell you the truth if it hurts bad enough and furthers his goals.

Thanks for the point of view....motivates me to read it again....and again. ....and no one is wrong for being driven to read the Word.

phantom22
02-13-2024, 01:51 PM
I do not believe in ghosts or any other supernatural entities. I do, however, believe people see and hear these things and think they are real. I think that they are being tricked by their own mind. The power of suggestion or wanting to believe can make you hear and see things that are not there. Especially in environment where your senses are not as keen as they could be such as low light, environmental factors like wind or moonlight, or maybe medication side effects or psychological factors.

Schizophrenia would be an extreme example of this type thing and demonstrates that our brains are able to convince us that things are there when they are not. I think, under the right circumstances, a normal functioning brain could temporarily have these episodes or at least muddle the waters when it comes to asking yourself if you really just saw or heard something like a ghost.

Nines&Twos
02-13-2024, 03:56 PM
I do not believe in ghosts or any other supernatural entities.

Our Father is supernatural...VERY MUCH so. His only begotten Son is VERY MUCH supernatural. I hope you at least believe on them.

There are lots of supernatural things that are not necessarily 'spiritual' too......Highly polished bronze? I hope my Father lets me ride one of those things!!!!

Nines&Twos
02-13-2024, 09:15 PM
Another reason the familiar spirit was NOT Samuel IMO, the witch saw gods (little 'g') ascending out of the earth. I would never judge a man here or there, but I feel it's a safe bet Samuel is right there with our Father. He is CERTAINLY not crawling out of the earth at the beck and call of some woman.
The supposed 'Samuel' also asks Why hast thou disquieted me to bring me up? Bring him 'up' from where? Also, examine that word disquieted....it's 7264 in your Strong's Concordance, Ragaz...a primitive root; to quiver (with any violent emotion, especially anger or fear):--be afraid, stand in awe, disquiet, fall out, fret, move, provoke, quake, rage, shake, tremble, trouble, be wroth.
I find it very hard to believe that Samuel, being with the Father & in celestial body, would exhibit any of those emotions over some paltry little 'flesh man'.

fixit
02-15-2024, 09:02 AM
Having studied somewhat in the judeistic side of things, it's worth noting that prior to Jesus' resurrection, the saints were believed to be sent to a place referred to as Abraham's .bosum.... kinda a pre heaven holding area for those who were awaiting the redemption of souls. It's also worth noting that Jesus made reference to this place, so that gives great credibility to it's existence. During this time, while they weren't in the abyss, they weren't in God's presence, either. Part of Jesus' task was to set the captives free.... releasing them from their bondage to the freedom of eternity in heaven. Of course, none of this settles the discussion at hand! It is sufficient to say that whatever spirit or entity appeared, it relayed God's judgement on Saul, which would suggest that it wasn't demonic.

ioon44
02-15-2024, 09:40 AM
Having studied somewhat in the judeistic side of things, it's worth noting that prior to Jesus' resurrection, the saints were believed to be sent to a place referred to as Abraham's .bosum.... kinda a pre heaven holding area for those who were awaiting the redemption of souls. It's also worth noting that Jesus made reference to this place, so that gives great credibility to it's existence. During this time, while they weren't in the abyss, they weren't in God's presence, either. Part of Jesus' task was to set the captives free.... releasing them from their bondage to the freedom of eternity in heaven. Of course, none of this settles the discussion at hand! It is sufficient to say that whatever spirit or entity appeared, it relayed God's judgement on Saul, which would suggest that it wasn't demonic.

You bring out a good point here Old Testament believers were in Paradise ( Abraham's .bosum) until Jesus's resurrection when He set the captives free.

Ephesians 4:8. Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.

42And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom. 43And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise.

So trying to compare the event of 1Samuel 28 to our current destination, is comparing Apples to Oranges.

If people think they are seeing ghost, in reality they are seeing demonic entities manifesting in our realm, as we move closer to the return of Jesus, the veil gets thinner.

A large portion of our country does not believe in the supernatural, so people are easily deceived, See Matthew CH 24.

Nines&Twos
02-15-2024, 02:09 PM
A large portion of our country does not believe in the supernatural, so people are easily deceived, See Matthew CH 24.

Wait till they see a kenite messiah call fire from the sky in the sight of men....Many will be deceived.....The average sheep lacks the faculties to process seeing something like that in real life. It'll look like a video game come to life (to them) and they're gonna go nutz for it.

phantom22
02-15-2024, 02:55 PM
Our Father is supernatural...VERY MUCH so. His only begotten Son is VERY MUCH supernatural. I hope you at least believe on them.

I do not.

Wait till they see a kenite messiah call fire from the sky in the sight of men....Many will be deceived.....The average sheep lacks the faculties to process seeing something like that in real life. It'll look like a video game come to life (to them) and they're gonna go nutz for it.

This would be a very convincing demonstration.

2TM101
02-15-2024, 02:57 PM
1970 or so - I was alone in my brothers 1780 house, for whatever reason listening to "Tubular Bells". Late at night and mid winter with it being about 20 degrees outside. For some reason I said out loud "If there are ghosts in this house I sure hope they are friendly"

Loud clear voice with a strong British accent replied "Don't worry lad, we are".

When my brother came home two hours later he had to take me to the hospital with frostbite. All he had to say about it was "Why did you run out when they said they were friendly?"

Only incident for me. Still have never SEEN anything.

Nines&Twos
02-16-2024, 10:58 AM
Scribed by David...Inspired by YHVH...14...sad but true.

As an American, I support your right to feel that way phantom22.....grieves me nonetheless.

Good Cheer
02-16-2024, 11:09 AM
I do not.

This would be a very convincing demonstration.

We are soon entering into the third day so if you're young and live long enough perhaps you'll get to cheer for the fake one.
No derision intended. It's just that people are going to be taken in because of being hit with more than they can handle. If you do manage to live that long you could do well to try to remember that the fake one comes first.
At present movers and shakers around the world are diligently working away at getting the new temple set up so perhaps mankind doesn't have too long to wait. Me myself I've suspected there's a forty* year window beginning somewhere around 2028 to 2030 depending on how messed up our calendars are.

*The number of probation.

Nines&Twos
02-16-2024, 11:39 AM
We are soon entering into the third day so if you're young and live long enough perhaps you'll get to cheer for the fake one.
No derision intended. It's just that people are going to be taken in because of being hit with more than they can handle. If you do manage to live that long you could do well to try to remember that the fake one comes first.

Absolutely.
A pretty simple rule to keep about you....if you're in a flesh body.....that ain't Jesus! Don't go. When his feet touch down on the Mt. of Olives....Goodbye flesh, Hello Master!

ioon44
02-16-2024, 11:46 AM
"*The number of probation."

Also the number for Trial.

1. The act of testing.

2. The testing or trial of a person's conduct, character, Qualifications, or the like.

3. The state or period of such testing or trial.

I think we are already in the 40 year window.

phantom22
02-16-2024, 12:59 PM
At present movers and shakers around the world are diligently working away at getting the new temple set up so perhaps mankind doesn't have too long to wait. Me myself I've suspected there's a forty* year window beginning somewhere around 2028 to 2030 depending on how messed up our calendars are.

*The number of probation.

There will be no cheering for a fake one. I don't care much for real politicians either. I think our governments will destroy us all long before comets or flaming balls of death get us. Though the Agenda 2030 of our beloved leaders would go along with your timeline.

Good Cheer
02-16-2024, 01:10 PM
"*The number of probation."

Also the number for Trial.

1. The act of testing.

2. The testing or trial of a person's conduct, character, Qualifications, or the like.

3. The state or period of such testing or trial.

I think we are already in the 40 year window.

You may be right. My thoughts have been that the start of the third day would kick off the forty years but that all forty years didn't have to be fulfilled. But then again, hey, maybe you're right and the forty kicks off earlier than the start of the third day.
I guess I need to go look at my notes and see if there were other factors that I'm not remembering.

Good Cheer
02-22-2024, 07:04 AM
Another aspect of the forty years popped in after a while.
Between the end of the second day and the end of the 120 year fig tree generation is forty years.
So yeah, I can point to that and say see there, that looks like the forty years probation.
But does that mean the two witnesses will be murdered in 2068? Beats me.

Nines&Twos
02-24-2024, 10:53 AM
It's worth noting...Y2K was the start of the 7th millennium making it a sabbatical millennium.....4K years from Eth-Ha-Adam to Yeshua & 2K from Yeshua to now. We've started the 7 thousandth year of 'HUMAN' history.....not to be confused "THE" millennium mind you.

brstevns
02-24-2024, 11:28 AM
I think we wondered off the Ghost thing

Good Cheer
02-24-2024, 11:35 AM
No doubt about that.
Everyone ran out of ghost stories.

Good Cheer
02-24-2024, 11:37 AM
When Mom came back and raised a ruckus she also had a conversation with my big sister and I've never heard what it was Mom said about where she was except that she didn't care for it.

Nines&Twos
02-24-2024, 11:42 AM
I think we wondered off the Ghost thing
Nothing wrong with thread tangents when talking about God as long as all parties are cool with it. YHVH is the God of the living...Nothing learns people better than lively conversation. No one ever learns anything from spiritually dead pablum peddlers.

ioon44
02-24-2024, 12:53 PM
Nothing wrong with thread tangents when talking about God as long as all parties are cool with it. YHVH is the God of the living...Nothing learns people better than lively conversation. No one ever learns anything from spiritually dead pablum peddlers.

Proverbs 27:17

English Standard Version
Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another.

Slugster
02-24-2024, 02:49 PM
I don't believe in ghosts, but I really would like to tell my Mother that I love her just one more time.

Nines&Twos
02-24-2024, 03:00 PM
Despite what our flesh body tells us....No one has 'died' yet.
Ecclesiastes 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Your mom is with our Father. You will be too someday and you will see her. Accepting Christ means you won't be telling her 'one' more time but for eternity.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

He hasn't done this yet. Only Satan and his little fallen angel goons have been sentenced and the son of perdition will become ashes from within.....ALL other souls await Judgment before the Great White Throne. If you wanna see her again....There's a Nazarene Carpenter that can make that happen for you.

I'm sorry for your loss.