PDA

View Full Version : 30 caliber carbine

GOPHER SLAYER
12-14-2023, 03:03 PM
Quality Hardware made 30 caliber carbines. Were these ever bought by the US armed forces?

Kai
12-14-2023, 03:29 PM
Yes

36g
12-14-2023, 03:45 PM
Quality Hardware was one of the government contractors producing M1 Carbines during WWII.

TNsailorman
12-14-2023, 03:59 PM
There were several contractors making .30M1 Carbines during WW II, Quality Hardware just being one of them.

georgerkahn
12-14-2023, 07:54 PM
Quality Hardware made 30 caliber carbines. Were these ever bought by the US armed forces?

Quality Hardware Corp produced 359,666 carbines -- 5.89% of those purchased by our government for the military -- the fifth (from most to least) producer! Here is a photo I scanned of production number charts showing other manufacturers as well. 320983
geo (who LOVES anything/everything about US M1 carbines!)

GOPHER SLAYER
12-14-2023, 08:38 PM
Thank you guys for all that information. The M1 Carbine I received from the DCM was made by Inland Division of GM. It had never been issued and it was very accurate. Sorry I sold it. Only one of many guns I am sorry about.

georgerkahn
12-16-2023, 10:02 AM
Thank you guys for all that information. The M1 Carbine I received from the DCM was made by Inland Division of GM. It had never been issued and it was very accurate. Sorry I sold it. Only one of many guns I am sorry about.

"We do what we gotta' do at the moment" might explain your still not having that Inland? I, too, have MANY regrets vis firearms I sold through the years -- but hey, as one event in my life -- the choice being paying for a son's med needs VS having those guns? NO CONTEST! (But, as stated, I dooooo miss a few -- notably a S&W Model 66...)
Re U S M1 Carbines, there is, imho, a truly great site with tons of info on them albeit I sometimes need put a towel over my keyboard to catch the drool :) -- the colour photos are awesome; the info is right on. Should you wish to check it out, the URL is: http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/index.html
geo