PDA

View Full Version : Best bollit vendor

castmiester
12-13-2023, 08:22 PM
Been searching for a vendor to buy small quantity to try before l buy a mold and have load data for thier bollits. So far Rimrock and the cast bollit shop. The rest of the major ones only sell what’s listed on thier website.

Are there any others besides the two l mentioned?

Seeker
12-13-2023, 09:29 PM
Just MHO but unless you use the exact same alloy and lube, your results will vary. Maybe a little and maybe a lot. Go for the gusto and dive right in to the trial and error. It's addicting and a lot of fun.

castmiester
12-13-2023, 11:05 PM
POA with my 13 BH verses better bullets at 24 is the same.

cwtebay
12-13-2023, 11:08 PM
POA with my 13 BH verses better bullets at 24 is the same.Are you able to do that with the same amount of leading?
What caliber(s) are you loading?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-13-2023, 11:49 PM
If BullShop can't make 'em, you don't need 'em.
https://bullshop.weebly.com/

castmiester
12-13-2023, 11:54 PM
Are you able to do that with the same amount of leading?
What caliber(s) are you loading?

Low velocity with both

cwtebay
12-13-2023, 11:55 PM
Low velocity with bothWith both of what?

castmiester
12-14-2023, 12:28 AM
My cast 13 and better bullets 24 bh .357 mag more like in between 38 and 357. I load blue dot. But wanna load 110, for hunting

Winger Ed.
12-14-2023, 12:39 AM
Another option is ask here what works best for the specific caliber, cartridge, what you want to use it for, and approx. ranges.

Without the specifics, it's sort of like when someone asks you 'what's the best deer rifle'.
It isn't much to go on as to answering their question.

cwtebay
12-14-2023, 12:47 AM
Another option is ask here what works best for the specific caliber, cartridge, what you want to use it for, and approx. ranges.

Without the specifics, it's sort of like when someone asks you 'what's the best deer rifle'.
It isn't much to go on as to answering their question.What this fella said ^^^^
Whole lot of folks that have a ton of experience that will help you along on your quest.

castmiester
12-14-2023, 12:54 AM

It isn't much to go on as to answering their question.

I think it would be easier and cheaper to load specific bullets then decide on an alloy and mold, but that’s just me. I can appreciate the enthusiasm but my bank account can’t follow that! And besides, l can’t expect any kind of great accuracy from a 4 inch barrel anyway. The only time l got great accuracy was with pure lead wad cutters and bullseye. Leaded and smoke, didn’t like that.

Winger Ed.
12-14-2023, 01:29 AM
Oh well.
Then a Lyman Cast Book should do a good job for ya.

If a design doesn't work well, they don't even list or cover it.
And their data on speeds, pressures, etc. is quite accurate.
Also, bullet designs for the common hand gun calibers, is well plowed ground.
You shouldn't need to get off into uncharted waters.

castmiester
12-14-2023, 01:40 AM
Maybe some day when my PD forgives me for breakin thier chops maybe l’ll apply for a decent revolver.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-14-2023, 08:47 AM
Maybe some day when my PD forgives me for breakin thier chops maybe l’ll apply for a decent revolver.

:guntootsmiley::guntootsmiley::guntootsmiley:

MostlyLeverGuns
12-14-2023, 05:39 PM
Previously mentioned - Bullshop - pretty much custom cast. Might check Matt's Bullets, Missouri Bullets, Oregon Trail, Montana Bullets for others.

castmiester
12-14-2023, 08:40 PM
Previously mentioned - Bullshop - pretty much custom cast. Might check Matt's Bullets, Missouri Bullets, Oregon Trail, Montana Bullets for others.

Did them already.... one or two will size, but not BH. I'll check out the first two, thanks for your tip !

cwtebay
12-14-2023, 09:12 PM
Maybe some day when my PD forgives me for breakin thier chops maybe l’ll apply for a decent revolver.Confused about the "PD" acronym?

castmiester
12-14-2023, 09:32 PM
Police Department