PDA

View Full Version : Burris Fullfield

beemer
12-13-2023, 11:43 AM
A while back I bought Burris Fullfield 3 X 9 X 40 to replace the scope on my 303 Enfield. Overall I like the scope and love the crosshairs, serves the intended purpose very well. The only problem is that the adjustments are very stiff. I had to grind a screwdriver to fit and still very hard to turn, does adjust and hold zero. Has anyone else ran into this problem with these scopes. It has a life time warranty and I have thought about returning it.

Not long after purchasing the Burris I ran across a Vortex Diamondback at Academy Sports for not much more money, works great, wish I had found the Vortex first.

Scorpion8
12-13-2023, 12:20 PM
I have quite a few Burris Fullfield scopes, and love them all. Have not had this identical issue however, all of mine work fine. You might try a tiny, tiny drop of a very light lubricant like sewing machine oil on the turret adjustment and let it soak under the dials. Or send it back...Burris has great customer support.

RickinTN
12-13-2023, 01:48 PM
The Diamondback is a 22 scope as is the Droptine in the Burris line. The Fullfield II is a centerfire scope. I'm not sure how many I have, more than half a dozen, and mine all work fine. I can't recommend them enough.
Good Luck,
Rick

farmbif
12-15-2023, 11:28 AM
I got one of this full field scopes 15 or 20 years ago, was very disappointed, first disappointment had made in phillipines sticker, the bulk of Burris line not made in USA any more, had like blotches of hardened glue or something on it, put it on a 270. never got that thing zeroed with that scope. I'll never buy another burris made in phillipines scope again, my philosophy, got a $1000 gun might as we'll spend $300-$400 on a leupold or vortex or maybe even a Zeiss on it.
I will say I have had great luck with inexpensive Burris red dots, ar332 and fastfires's

RCL
02-27-2024, 09:17 PM
I have two fullfield 3 x 9.
Never a problem
Getting ready to purchase a 4.5 x 14.

Mr Peabody
03-01-2024, 11:06 AM
I've used both scopes mentioned, I buy the Burris anymore.

murf205
03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
I have a couple of FullField II's and even the baggage gorillas at the airlines couldn't knock it out of zero on my last trip to Alaska even though the aluminum case was wrecked.

kungfustyle
03-09-2024, 11:58 AM
+++ for Burris Fullfield and others.