PDA

View Full Version : Finding stuff while cleaning

Soundguy
12-12-2023, 12:10 PM
Was reorganizing the reload room last night .. added a new bench.. and while moving stuff around.. found my old lee hand press that I had lost before covid.. that i already replaced.. now have 2... oh well.

Sasquatch-1
12-12-2023, 12:13 PM
I lost a small part to a Desert Eagle, twice. After ordering 2 extras, and while straightening out my bench, I found both the ones I had lost.

Winger Ed.
12-12-2023, 12:51 PM
It's the window to the parallel Universe again.

The other day I went to set up my Hornady progressive and couldn't find the long, red, pull handle.
I went through the shop like crime scene detectives. It was gone.

I told the shop, "OK. You win.... I give up,,,, and I'm going inside to order a new one".
I went in, messed around a little while, came back out, started to do something else,,,, and there it was....
It had rolled to the back of the bench--- where I'd already looked a few times,
and had hidden itself behind something that I'd thought was too small to conceal it.

Recycled bullet
12-12-2023, 01:59 PM
I found a thousand small pistol primers I was quite happy :-)

sukivel
12-12-2023, 02:02 PM
I find stuff all the time I forgot I had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winger Ed.
12-12-2023, 02:13 PM
I find stuff all the time I forgot I had.

Reminds me of a friend that said he was so forgetful, that he could hide his own Easter eggs.:bigsmyl2:

Texas by God
12-12-2023, 03:01 PM
I blame it on that dang Poltergeist…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ozonebob
12-12-2023, 03:43 PM
Happens to me all the time, especially when I drop things on the floor. Seems the poltergeist wants to examine it and makes it disappear, only to return it days/weeks later in a place I looked for it several times before.

Winger Ed.
12-12-2023, 04:20 PM
A life long friend, in an attempt to drive his wife crazy would see her tearing the house apart looking for something.

He'd join the search, and if he found the item first,
would put it in a obvious place she had already looked about 10 times.

Mk42gunner
12-12-2023, 08:03 PM
I misplaced an RCBS powder funnel about eight years ago. Could not find it and didn't want to pay full retail for a replacement. You can see where this is going, I'm sure.

Bought a cheap replacement, an MTM I think. Didn't like it, the old one did not show up.

A few years later I bought another one, black, Lyman I think. Didn't really like it either. It was better than the pinkish one.

This summer at the local gunshow, I found an RCBS funnel for one dollar. A few weeks later, I found the original one. It must have been waiting for an exact replacement to show up.

I have no idea why the others did not satisfy me, must be something about green powder funnels.

Robert

hawkeye1
12-12-2023, 08:08 PM
I could not find my safe deposit box key this morning. There’s only one place it belongs, in the safe. I looked all over. Cleaned out the safe and reorganized. Dug around under the loading bench and found a box of brand new 45 Colt Starline brass. Woohoo! Then digging in my closet for same key, came across last years Christmas card…with $100 in it! It was a great day! And I found the deposit box key. God is good.

porthos
12-12-2023, 08:26 PM
wow!! i guess that i am not alone afterall.

Bmi48219
12-12-2023, 08:26 PM
Between Thanksgiving up north, an upper respiratory condition, replacing a water heater and putting up Christmas lights Ive been working on reorganizing my tools. So far I’ve filled a filled a twenty inch tool box with dozens of surplus screwdrivers, channel locks, vise grips, pliers, wire strippers, Allen wrenches, well used drill bits, an half dozen drill chuck keys, etc.
I’ve also found at least ten repair parts I needed, knew I had but couldn’t find, so bought again.
Wish I had started this project in August. I could have hauled them up north at Thanksgiving and given them to the son-in-law.

armoredman
12-12-2023, 09:56 PM
I've been looking for my sanity, no luck so far...

fiberoptik
12-12-2023, 11:14 PM
I've been looking for my sanity, no luck so far...

Gave up looking for that. I found I aged 2 years this year instead of 1. Wanted to put it back. Next year is the big 6 0!

Bmi48219
12-12-2023, 11:46 PM
Gave up looking for that. I found I aged 2 years this year instead of 1. Wanted to put it back. Next year is the big 6 0!

Give it another ten years. You’ll forget what you were looking for. Until I hit 68 I didn’t notice I was aging. Three years later I’m beginning to believe it’s true.

Sig556r
12-13-2023, 12:39 AM
I blame it on my garage ghost…

rcslotcar
12-13-2023, 01:38 AM
Iv'e been remodeling my house room to room for about 4 years. I recently found a frozen "pretzel box" and looked inside it. To my surprise I found 10k of primers in the box. The price on the boxes was marked at $33 each. What else is stuffed away in a corner.

dale2242
12-13-2023, 07:44 AM

If you think it`s bad at 60, wait until 80+ !!!!!!

jetinteriorguy
12-13-2023, 08:06 AM
The best way to find lost objects is to order new replacements. The day after receiving the replacement you’ll find the one you lost. This rule also applies to stuff you put away so they don’t get lost.

Sasquatch-1
12-13-2023, 08:52 AM
If you want to talk about being forgetful, I once looked for about 10 minutes for my car keys. I keep them on a separate ring from all the others. I looked everywhere. Went to the truck to make sure I hadn't left them in the ignition. Dug down the sides of my recliner. Checked behind the bookcase where I set them with NO luck. I went to wipe the sweat off my face and there they were, I had them dangling from my mouth.

Give it another ten years. You’ll forget what you were looking for. Until I hit 68 I didn’t notice I was aging. Three years later I’m beginning to believe it’s true.

A big PLUS 1 on that. Seems like when I hit 68-69 my body said it had had enough and started protesting with serious joint pain.

fiberoptik
12-13-2023, 03:42 PM
Been in pain since ‘84. Run over on my way to propose. Ended up doing it in a hospital bed!
I keep keys on a lanyard around my neck. Less stress. Always put away same place.

Land Owner
12-14-2023, 06:03 AM
I "lost" the TV remote, in plain sight, by putting it someplace I never had before. Got out of the recliner, tipped that up to look on the floor under it (as if it had fallen off of the shelf "again"), moved blankets, walked to the kitchen, half-expected it in a shirt pocket in the foyer coat-closet, then glanced back to the alternate lower-shelf, next to the recliner, and voila! Like looking for reading glasses that are already on top of one's head!

imashooter2
12-14-2023, 01:48 PM
I recently found a laser bore sighter that I replaced years ago. The black case blended perfectly with the black pocket lining of my range bag. I must have looked “at” it a thousand times before I actually emptied that pocket and found it. On the up side, the batteries still worked. :drinks:

pworley1
12-14-2023, 01:57 PM
Happens to me all the time. When I look in a box and find something I forgot that I had it seems like Christmas.

Green Frog
12-14-2023, 01:57 PM
“Organized people never make the exciting discoveries I do!”

imashooter2
12-14-2023, 06:20 PM
“Organized people never make the exciting discoveries I do!”

LOL! It’s funny because it’s true. :D :D :D