PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having mail problems?

Wolfdog91
12-11-2023, 12:06 AM
Has anyone been having problems with paper mail getting where it needs to be lately ? Figured it's because it's its around Christmas but I've sent a few money orders out and apparently some of them haven't gotten where they need to be and it's kind frustrating. And I mean there only goin two or three states over and still nothing over a week.

G W Wade
12-11-2023, 12:53 AM
Waited 12 days for letter from Texas. Waited 12 days for my letter to get to Missouri. This are noy Christmas delays. End of July or early August sent a donation for this website. Stll waiting! GW

ascast
12-11-2023, 01:44 AM
service is getting worse - rural carriers not right skills set, always in a huge hurry

Reg
12-11-2023, 01:52 AM
2 day delivery is now 3 to 4 but anything ordered from Amazon is almost overnight

poppy42
12-11-2023, 06:09 AM
Ah yes! I didn’t get bills for 3 months! And it wasn’t cause I didn’t owe the utilities any money lol! It’s got nothing to do with xmass! Post office quit hiring qualified personnel! And the ones they hire don’t want to work and the can’t be fired very easily! It’s gotten worse in the last 3 years! Gee wonder why? The new woke America!!!!

Shopdog
12-11-2023, 06:33 AM
Small'ish country P.O. here... used to be literally one room affair. About 20 years ago they moved into a neighboring building but still,about like a small McDonald's.

About 5 years ago? There was a(another) blip in the overall USPS scheme of things and our "satellite" P.O. came within a whisker of being permanently closed. Which would've been bad for folks around here. We all had our fingers crossed that they remained open.

Last Thursday,went up there to snag a cpl (overdue) pkgs and was speaking to my friend who works there. She is extremely efficient and kind person so,not busting on their service. I asked her about the "normal" increase in mail round Christmas. She was,oh heck NO..... she said this year is completely out of line with the amount. 3 times the traffic. The day before,during her shift they unloaded 1800 pkgs... not letters. And the day before that was 12 pallets of Amazon stuff.

Not making excuses,just passing it along. Have a good day.

JSnover
12-11-2023, 08:46 AM
Worst year ever.

farmbif
12-11-2023, 09:01 AM
everyone and their brother is waiting on packages from just about every business in the country so those nice gift wrapped boxes can be under the tree before the big man comes from the north to spread joy around the world to every boy and girl, brother and sister, mother and father on the night the holy savior was born.
welcome to the holiday season.

schutzen-jager
12-11-2023, 09:45 AM
had to report missing mail 3 different days last week that informed delivery showed as being scheduled 0

RustyReel
12-11-2023, 09:48 AM
Waiting on a package, supposed to be delivered today (Monday). Saturday it was 10 miles from its destination, today it is 150 miles from its destination. No rhyme or reason sometimes.

LenH
12-11-2023, 09:55 AM
Getting to where I pay my bills on line. I mail all my bills that are due the first 10
days of the month sometimes a week before the 1st. I had one email that I had
missed a payment. It arrived 2 weeks late. I mailed it
On th 28th of Oct and it got there on Nov 25. It ain't what it used to be.

dverna
12-11-2023, 10:50 AM
Getting to where I pay my bills on line. I mail all my bills that are due the first 10
days of the month sometimes a week before the 1st. I had one email that I had
missed a payment. It arrived 2 weeks late. I mailed it
On th 28th of Oct and it got there on Nov 25. It ain't what it used to be.

PY all bills online as well. Works well.

Our PO cannot find people to work. I know two people looking for work, but they will not work there. Strange society we have become.

gwpercle
12-11-2023, 12:10 PM
Yes Sir ... Checks stolen from envelops we brought to the post office for mailing ...
bad guy's got them , altered names and amounts and cashed checks for cash .

Bank was clueless ... Post office knows nothing

Post Office has a big security problem and they don't have any answers .
Gary

Scorpion8
12-11-2023, 12:17 PM
service is getting worse - rural carriers not right skills set, always in a huge hurry

Not just rural carriers. Our local PO has been advertising for mail carriers for 1-1/2 years now. They must be understaffed, our mail person used to come by at about 1-2pm in the afternoon, now they deliver at 9pm at night and they come screaming past the mailbox half the time, not even bothering to stop and check.

The whole system seems broken. I ordered something as a Christmas present in early October. 4 weeks later it said "out for delivery" in a location 3 States away Outside. Got a refund and repeated the order (hoping it was just a fluke and I got a refund anyway), and the 2nd one is listed 4 weeks later as out for delivery in a state 2,500 miles away Outside. Got a refund for that one also. Then 3 weeks later they both showed up. Egads.

beemer
12-11-2023, 12:37 PM
I went to online payments a couple years back when things went crazy. Ticked me off that I getting overdue notices from several places including the electric company. Never been late, most totally understood what was happening but some showed their posterior.

Our mail used to be very consistent but now we never know when it will run. I think some has been delivered during the night. I have a few things to sell here but will wait till after Christmas.

35 Rem
12-11-2023, 12:42 PM
Yeah, I sent checks to two forum members for items they were selling and I got their stuff while they are still waiting for my checks.

Outer Rondacker
12-11-2023, 12:42 PM
My mailman lives 1/8 th of a mile from me and brings the mail to the house most days. He said he has been working until 9-10 pm and normally would be home by 4-5. They are just overwhelmed I guess. I think it’s been slow also.

lightman
12-11-2023, 12:54 PM
I've had a few missing letters over the last 2 years. The last one, 2 mouths ago was for my yard service. Mailed it on the 20th of October. Got a double bill for November showing non pay for October. Called them to apologize and mailed the October and November bill. They all arrived there at the same time and the yard service guys Wife mailed my original October check back to me. Two Christmas's ago all of our Christmas cards that had checks in them disappeared. They mysteriously reappeared after we inquired about them!

We do all of out bill paying by auto-draft except for the ones that have not wet-up their billing that way.

To be fair, up until the last couple of years I have had very good service from the Post Office.

rbuck351
12-11-2023, 01:22 PM
When I lived in AK,some of my mail came through Arkansas. Makes me think they don't use zip codes.

Now they have taken on Amazon delivery. My local PO have delivery folks that use personal vehicles for delivery. They don't have room in their POVs to carry all the packages so now they drop off a "can't deliver slip" and I have to go to the PO every few days to pickup Amazon packages. Also have to stand in line with a dozen others that are picking up Amazon stuff.

CastingFool
12-11-2023, 02:31 PM
That's funny, all these folks that are always asking for money don't seem to have that problem. We normally get 16-18 such requests per day

KenT7021
12-11-2023, 04:57 PM
Happened twice recently.Property tax payment and Xfinity payment.I miss my old carrier who retired several years ago.

panhed65
12-11-2023, 08:09 PM
the mail here in my part of Pa is the worst I have ever seen. lost mail, late mail. traveling mail. once had a package from ohio to pa go to texas and fla. on the way here. took about a month. hard to believe.
Barry

jim 44-40
12-11-2023, 08:35 PM
I waited out side today to make sure my package made it to my mailbox,not down the road . Last week the sub driver dropped a package at the wrong house instead of my mailbox.When I see out for delivery to my house I get my hopes up.

ulav8r
12-11-2023, 10:54 PM
Out for delivery means you might get it within a week.

tinsnips
12-12-2023, 01:13 AM
Did you mean to say is anyone NOT having problems with the post office. You can count me in.

deces
12-12-2023, 01:49 AM
Over a year ago I ordered some Melanotan II to have fun with. The package came, but it was empty. Not long after I noticed the mailman had a rather dark tan that was absent before.

higgins
12-12-2023, 06:10 PM
Seems like about once a month the staff at our litle local PO turns over; about the only constant is the postmaster or supervisor. The PO I go to for counter business is not the one my mail comes from, which is even smaller than the one I use. I assume the staffing situation there is the same as the one I walk in to. We may go two or three days with no mail, which is unusual in the season of getting flooded with junk mail. As far as parcels go, these little post offices are getting overrun with Amazon and UPS parcels. Somehow most of the boxes I mail eventually get where they're going. I have used bank transfers or autopay for all bills for a couple of years now so don't have to worry about payments getting lost.

popper
12-12-2023, 08:33 PM
USPS gets paid too much to work for it, Amazon is using Uber drivers now.

rockrat
12-13-2023, 06:43 AM
Having problems with a package I sent to AK. Been a week, but the person on the other end is getting upset its not there yet. Took two weeks to get a letter from Denver and I am only a couple hundred miles away. On the other hand, a package made it here from NY in only 4 days.
Seems like all the first class mail is stuck in a corner somewhere, while all the advertising junk is being delivered

firefly1957
12-13-2023, 08:27 AM
There is another thread on this in fact quite a few and over the years . The problems are varied in the postal system a lot of it is the sorting centers equipment and troubled employees . My wife gets a email with a image of incoming mail from the post office last spring we had three property tax bills listed only two arrived . The images are taken at the major sorting center our mail carrier never got the third bill even though they were all together at one point . After two weeks we had another sent out the lost one never arrived.
I had terrible issues with the mail carrier at my last house before I retired in 2006 I had most of my mail moved up here and had zero issues . The carrier at old house seemed high all the time he even run over a few mail boxes complaints fell of deaf ears , I was even told by area postal manager "Dan is a good friend and nothing will happen" I legally recorded that conversation post master general office in Washington D.C. refused to even listen to it!
My post man here retired and I got a lady was like Dan had problems with pain killers they forced her to retire the same as ended up happening to Dan at last house but it took a couple years . P.S. at last house when I made a complaint I would not get mail for a while someone would go in and remove my address from the sorting computer that is why I moved mail to new house 120 miles away.

Whole Bunches
12-13-2023, 09:39 AM
I’m one who Wolfdog91 mailed a money order to. Weird, but this morning I saw two envelopes in the road in front of my property. One was my 2024 social security notice. The other was a wet, ink stained envelope post marked exactly when he’d said the money order was sent. They were not there when I picked up my mail yesterday. The money order should have arrived days ago.

fordwannabe
12-13-2023, 03:11 PM
I have 2 revolver cylinders lost in the mail somewhere. My 44 mag SBH and a 45 COLT BH look a little underpowered without those big round pieces of steel in the middle! They were accepted at the PO on Nov. 30 and then NOTHING!! Getting a little concerned here. I have called the originating PO, the distribution center, and my local PO, nobody knows nuthin, and in all honesty nobody seems to care a whit! But they are asking the American taxpayer for more money without hesitation.

Eddie Southgate
12-13-2023, 03:20 PM
Mail lady is kind of homely but other than that , no.

Handloader109
12-13-2023, 09:53 PM
You know, since my garbage company started taking electronic payments this year, I have not written a check except to pay a contractor this past summer. My power, cable, garbage, phone, water are all electronic autopayments. I use cash or debit to pay for groceries, gas, medicines and all other purchases. I don't mail any checks any more. Nothing gets stolen, no wasted stamps and envelopes. I do sell some stuff and print out postage labels for the packages.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Baltimoreed
12-13-2023, 10:16 PM
Always slow this time of year and will get worse. I recently ordered a Winchester Model 67 action screw from a guy in Aurora OR. It went way south to Austin TX then west to District Heights MD then south to Greensboro then Raleigh then to me in Aurora NC. Almost 2 weeks but I got it.

1eyedjack
12-13-2023, 10:25 PM
Fed ex isn't any better. VA sent overnight FedEx documents found 2 large envelopes on the porch 1 was mine the 2nd belongs to an attorney living about 25 houses down the road he REALLY NEEDED his nice thick packet and when he got the notice it was delivered he started driving the neighborhood looking for the porch that matched the picture the driver took......USPS keeps raising the rates & we get less service could be because our government is involved?

GONRA
12-14-2023, 07:15 PM
GONRA does (seemingy) what handloader109 does - get reoccuring monthly bills
atomatically deducted from yer checkin' account....

castmiester
12-14-2023, 08:35 PM
Has anyone been having problems with paper mail getting where it needs to be lately ? Figured it's because it's its around Christmas but I've sent a few money orders out and apparently some of them haven't gotten where they need to be and it's kind frustrating. And I mean there only goin two or three states over and still nothing over a week.

I work at a P&DC near me.... culling and letter handling is below par. They have people who repair letters by hand, from jams in the sorting machines, not a ton but quite a bit. Packaging has issues too, but not as much as lettering. The sorting machines are at least 30+ years old. I don't witness constant jams but they happen through out the night. Packages fall off the conveyor and land underneath. The mechanics gather them up, and do a good job, same for the letter culling machine. Some packages sit for months that are damaged to the point of not knowing where they are being sent to. The better they are packaged the better chance they will get to you when they're supposed to, letters are at the mercy of the workers and machinery.

Packaging has issues with Mail handlers, the mail handler assistant, or the MHA's. Lazy most of them, and that slows things down too. The loading dock is another problem too.

firefly1957
12-16-2023, 09:00 AM
I have a pretty good mail lady the other day my wife said an area 4 or 5 miles west had a woman whining about packages not delivered on facebook, I told her I am sure that is our mail ladies route. The packages were delivered as addressed to the home across the street because that is how she ordered them to keep others in the home from seeing them? Then complained they were delivered as addressed! It is hard to please some people at all !

Now I wonder how Sarco is sending my order I got no tracking numbers....

Outer Rondacker
12-16-2023, 09:44 AM
Well here I go earlier on in the posts talking about how good my mailman is and lives a few house down. Well I about peeled his backside last night after I got home to find a box of 2 part epoxy on my deck leaking. First thought was get this stuff off my deck. Next was Amazon is getting an earful followed by a ride to the mailman's house a few hours later. It would seam he had yesterday off and it was not him who left the leaking box on my deck. So I can not blame him but I can blame the USPS. To make this even worse or weirder how ever you want to look at. Later on last night after I opened the box more as it was sitting in the garbage can keeping the lid from closing. I found both containers to be NOT leaking. So what was the box soaked in and put on my porch stinking like diesel/ turpentine?

Oh and my package is just out for delivery today if I check the tracking. LOL

firefly1957
12-17-2023, 09:58 AM
Last week I ordered a few items from Sarco they got it to local Pennsylvania mail and it went to Philly sorting center the same day. That is where it still sit 4 days later ! It is predicted to get here Tuesday ?
Later I may be able to report on a Etsy order the British ROYAL MAIL has it yet guessed date of delivery here being Dec. 27 three weeks after order .