PDA

View Full Version : All Manufacturers Reloading Data On One Site

steve urquell
12-10-2023, 09:07 PM
If you guys don't know about this resource I would like to share it with you. It has helped me immensely. If this has been posted before feel free to delete this post mods.

https://shootersreference.com/reloadingdata/

armoredman
12-10-2023, 10:29 PM
Very interesting, thank you!

Recycled bullet
12-10-2023, 10:36 PM
Hey thank you for sharing I'm bookmarking that so I don't lose it

Land Owner
12-11-2023, 04:48 AM
The site has no liability in the way in which the information is used, its formulation, or its authenticity.

Shooter's Reference makes every effort to ensure the information provided on the site is accurate and safe, ShootersReference.com makes no representations or warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of the information.

Information is supplied upon the condition that the persons receiving same will make their own determination as to its suitability for their purposes prior to use. In no event will ShootersReference.com be responsible for damages of any nature whatsoever resulting from the use of or reliance upon information from this site or the products to which the information refers.

ShootersReference.com does not warrant the accuracy or timeliness of the materials on this site and has no liability for any errors or omissions in the materials.

THIS SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR OF ANY OTHER NATURE ARE MADE HEREUNDER WITH RESPECT TO INFORMATION OR THE PRODUCTS TO WHICH INFORMATION REFERS.

From Grocho Marx https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/43244.Groucho_Marx?page=1:

“Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?”

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”

“Why don't you bore a hole in yourself and let the sap run out?”

“That's three quotes. Add another quote and make it a gallon.”

barnabus
12-11-2023, 06:36 AM
The site has no liability in the way in which the information is used, its formulation, or its authenticity.

From Grocho Marx https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/43244.Groucho_Marx?page=1:

“Who you gonna believe, me or your lying eyes?”

“Learn from the mistakes of others. You can never live long enough to make them all yourself.”

“Why don't you bore a hole in yourself and let the sap run out?”

“That's three quotes. Add another quote and make it a gallon.”

neither do any of the mfg sites.

Shawlerbrook
12-11-2023, 07:28 AM
I always cross reference or cross check data when loading for a new cartridge. Generally you can tell if data is inline with acceptable limits.

primerhead
12-11-2023, 07:46 AM
OP:
Thank you.

ioon44
12-11-2023, 09:38 AM
OP:
Yes, Thank you.

steve urquell
12-11-2023, 02:33 PM
neither do any of the mfg sites.
Yep. Smart legalize to limit liability.

steve urquell
12-11-2023, 02:33 PM
OP:
Yes, Thank you.
You're very welcome.

Green Frog
12-14-2023, 01:49 PM
To the OP, thank you for making this known to us. It is not as all inclusive (for the couple of cartridges I checked anyway) as they imply, but it’s a good resource to add to the total. I find a personal loading log for the cartridges I really favor is useful and lists like the one you posted are a good starting point for doing the load development to put in the log. Thanks again!
Froggie

TNsailorman
12-14-2023, 04:42 PM
Unless I overlooked it somehow, there was no data for the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser, which is surprising. There was a 6.5 SE which I have never heard of.

Valley-Shooter
12-14-2023, 05:05 PM
Not impressed. The bullet and cartridge I looked at listed many powders, but no velocity information. It was all sourced from a Canadian bullet manufacturer I have never heard of.

steve urquell
12-14-2023, 07:59 PM
Unless I overlooked it somehow, there was no data for the 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser, which is surprising. There was a 6.5 SE which I have never heard of.
I looked at the differences in the SM and SE and it seems as if it is like .223vs5.56. Do a little research on it and see what you find. Here's what I read.
https://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.uk/threads/6-5x55-vs-6-5x55se-vs-6-5x55skan.214186/page-2

steve urquell
12-14-2023, 08:04 PM
Not impressed. The bullet and cartridge I looked at listed many powders, but no velocity information. It was all sourced from a Canadian bullet manufacturer I have never heard of.

The guy that started the site is just like us. A hobbyist looking for good data in one spot. Please send him your manufacturers data so he can add it. Help make it better for the next person looking for data.
https://shootersreference.com/contact/

steve urquell
12-14-2023, 08:20 PM
To the OP, thank you for making this known to us. It is not as all inclusive (for the couple of cartridges I checked anyway) as they imply, but it’s a good resource to add to the total. I find a personal loading log for the cartridges I really favor is useful and lists like the one you posted are a good starting point for doing the load development to put in the log. Thanks again!
Froggie

:drinks:

TNsailorman
12-14-2023, 10:12 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me steve. I am 82 and do not handle very well the modern day method of abbreviating everything. I should have guessed it but didn't. Again, Thanks for posting the link, it could be very valuable for those needing some load data to start load workup and for me, that has always been the only way to travel. james [smilie=s: