PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up: Price Increases January 1st

Bass Ackward
12-10-2023, 02:01 PM
Just an FYI that Vista is raising ammo and component prices by 5-7% with this little blurb, “if you can find them”. Price increases are because of “a world wide powder shortage”.

Use this information as you see fit.

kevin c
12-12-2023, 05:13 AM
As if the prices haven’t been painful enough already…

Outer Rondacker
12-12-2023, 07:52 AM
Im still working on the If you can find them part. Then we will get to taking out a mortgage to purchase them.

Rapier
12-12-2023, 08:48 AM
Something or someone has to support the purchase / sale of Vista by those folks from the Check Republic. Vista includes parts of the old Blunt group which included CCI, Hornady and Federal, just to name a few. The Checks have a centuries history of arms manafacturing.

Elpatoloco
12-12-2023, 10:07 AM
I have been speaking with a powder manufacturer about the NON Availability of certain powders that I have needed for a good bit. I was sent an email the day before this post and it basically stated that some of said powders would hot the shelves this week. If I wanted some, I better grab it as there is a world wide Nitrocellulose shortage, etc, etc, etc.

Not sure I believe it. They dont have to scare me into stacking the powder deep when I find it. I think its all Bidenflation.

charlie b
12-12-2023, 10:10 AM
Not a surprise. When you sell out everything you can make as it comes off the line then demand is higher than supply, which means prices should be increased. I would hope that employee wages would increase as well, but, that's probably just a dream :)

Elpatoloco
12-14-2023, 11:13 PM
Got an email this morning that Powder Valley had the Shooter's World Blackout back in stock and On sale to Boot.

A couple of clicks and Im Back in the never need powder again category. I wouldnt have needed this save taking on a new cartridge.

Good luck to those still waiting