PDA

View Full Version : Yellowstone

GOPHER SLAYER
12-04-2023, 08:14 PM
Gave they started a new season foe Yellowstone? If they have, I have not seen it. No big deal, it got to be boring anyway.

Randy Bohannon
12-04-2023, 08:30 PM
Didn’t like Yellowstone that much do like 1886 and 1921. Sheridan Taylor is a gifted movie maker. Wind River might be his best movie to date.

SeabeeMan
12-04-2023, 08:30 PM
I saw a video that perfectly described Yellowstone as a Hallmark movie for men. My wife is obnoxiously obsessed with Hallmark Christmas movies this time of year. It's become a running game that after 2 or 3 one minute trips through the room she is watching it in, I can predict the plot, character development, and twist with about 90% accuracy.

Main points:

- Big city child returns home to save family business (ranch)

- Rekindles old flame with rough-and-tumble co-main character who is the furthest thing from the life she left in the city

- Country kid turned big city lawyer with an adoption backstory twist

- Bond with horses changes the life of another character with a bit of a criminal history

- Interracial couple bringing up a child in both cultures

- Heart-throb cowboy that appeals to both the men and the women, albeit for different reasons

- Music stars make guest appearances to keep relevant or appeal to nostalgia of those watching, depending on the level/age of said star

I've watched a few episodes and could take it or leave. Not enough TV time to invest in dramas at this level.

Gtrubicon
12-04-2023, 10:34 PM
This is damn funny! I can relate.

beemer
12-04-2023, 11:30 PM
Nothing to see here, move along. Perfectly describes Hallmark movies.

It's always blowing that white stuff and their drinking hot chocolate.

MaryB
12-04-2023, 11:43 PM
Rumor says 2025 for the next season...

waksupi
12-05-2023, 12:05 PM
The most hated show in Montana.

JonB_in_Glencoe
12-05-2023, 12:24 PM
I enjoyed the first couple seasons. But after that, I found the plot line just repeated itself...I did watch the 3rd season and some of the 4th, until I said to my self, "enough".

trebor44
12-05-2023, 12:39 PM
Waiting for the volcano! Oh, right, it is heading East! Gotta luv them there hollywood fantasies about the West! The Bitterroot used to be a nice place! Then came the lemmings!

jdfoxinc
12-05-2023, 12:42 PM
When the main character requires ranch hands to be branded.....

Randy Bohannon
12-05-2023, 12:47 PM

And Wyoming it depicts us as a dumping ground for murder victims.

Rapier
12-05-2023, 01:41 PM
Yes- No- Maybe. Everyone has got other work or problems, so whom actually knows.

Skipper
12-05-2023, 01:43 PM
Info from Paramount:

https://www.tvguide.com/news/yellowstone-season-5-part-2-returns-when-ending-teaser-everything-else-to-know/

10x
12-05-2023, 01:55 PM
When the main character requires ranch hands to be branded.....

And Wyoming it depicts us as a dumping ground for murder victims.

A horse soap opera about criminal psychopaths pretending to be cowboys in a cult lead by John Dutton in Montana.
The "train station" to dispose of disliked help. Branding to be a cult member. Covering up crimes left and right.

scattershot
12-05-2023, 02:15 PM
I liked it when it first came out, but it’s getting a little soapy. Loved 1886, though.

Tripplebeards
12-06-2023, 11:19 AM
Thought they discontinued it becuase Costner quit. Imo 1823 is better with Africa hunting!

10x
12-06-2023, 12:18 PM
Thought they discontinued it becuase Costner quit. Imo 1823 is better with Africa hunting!

1823???
a link to the series please.

scattershot
12-06-2023, 12:23 PM

10x
12-06-2023, 12:35 PM

Saw it, a great series. I thought I had missed a pre prequel

In my youth there was a neighbor who was in the Second Boer war in South Africa. His stories of the game and the lighting storms on the veldt were fascinating. He saw few battles as the Battalion he was in (Lord Strathcona's Horse) would enter a region and the Boers would go back to their farms, sell them milk, eggs, and corn. When they left an area the Boer militia would form up and become active. The Brits were very canny as they paid a portion of wages in script for 160 acres of crown land (or more) anywhere in the British empire. This fellow bought script from the soldiers who were gambling on shipboard on the trip home and used it to build a small ranching empire.
For being tough, resilient, resourceful, and self reliant, he made John Dutton look like a boy scout. I do not think there was anything the man was afraid of. he had a great deal of respect for Hyenas. A bite from a hyena broke bones and if the victim survived the bite, they would die of septic infection of the wound within a week

When I knew the man and listened to his stories he was the same age as I am now.
He did not embellish or cast himself as hero or victim. And over the years the stories were consistent. His greatest respect for the predators of South Africa was for the Hyena. He called them a nasty piece of work that would enter a camp, enter a tent and start to eat a soldier alive.

abunaitoo
12-06-2023, 12:47 PM
I really enjoyed 1886.
Don't have the pay channel, so don't know about the others.
I like Yellowstone.
Beth is great.
I like how they poke at the wokes and kalafonia.
Saw that this might be the end.
costnor was good in it, but he's a woke.
Wasn't surprised when he quit.
It's what wokes do when they can't have their way.
Noting bu spoiled brats.

firefly1957
12-06-2023, 03:50 PM
I just watched 1923 and was disappointed it ended in 8 shows for season 1 and it does not look like a season two will be anytime soon!

Any of you watch outer range it was interesting and also waiting for season two.

10x
12-06-2023, 06:51 PM
I just watched 1923 and was disappointed it ended in 8 shows for season 1 and it does not look like a season two will be anytime soon!

snip

My Grandfather started a farm / ranch in southern Alberta in 1905 or so. Cowboys from the US would come up from Montana and work the roundups in Southern Alberta in spring and fall. My dad worked with these fellows during roundup when he was 12 years old. It was a very different world then. Strangers were always welcome and folks did what they had to to survive. Indians were peaceful and would stop for water for the horses on their visits to the nearby medicine wheel. (it is between 4500 and 5000 years old - and predated the Blackfoot, and Piegan by a couple of thousand years)

ebb
12-08-2023, 08:21 PM
Seebeeman Not this time of year. Some down on her luck girl is going to befriend a foreigner who will turn out to be a Prince and they will be married on Christmas day, and live happily ever after. Your movie plot works for the whole rest of the year but not between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

10x
12-09-2023, 07:38 AM
Seebeeman Not this time of year. Some down on her luck girl is going to befriend a foreigner who will turn out to be a Prince and they will be married on Christmas day, and live happily ever after. Your movie plot works for the whole rest of the year but not between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

How many movies has Halmark© made using this plot and theme?
You left out the part where boy meets girl, they are attracted to each other, there is some sort of misunderstanding, they avoid each other, then they meet again - go through angst and conflict, and resolution - falling in love at Christmas ...
You can almost time the plot twists in these movies.

firefly1957
12-09-2023, 07:44 AM
Some of you spend way to much time watching hallmark movies I usually waste my time on SCIFY .... and reading here at castboolits!

10x
12-09-2023, 08:37 AM
Some of you spend way to much time watching hallmark movies I usually waste my time on SCIFY .... and reading here at castboolits!

Quality time with the wife....

Larry Gibson
12-09-2023, 08:38 AM
As to "having" to watch Hallmark Christmas movies.....it boils down simply to "happy wife, happy life"......:roll:

10x
12-09-2023, 08:52 AM
As to "having" to watch Hallmark Christmas movies.....it boils down simply to "happy wife, happy life"......:roll:

One of the pluses in Halmark movies, there are zero mistakes and gaffs with guns...

firefly1957
12-09-2023, 09:33 AM
My wife did like Yellowstone is not much of a fan of Hallmark movies though she was in years past, people here have explained why it is all the same plot . SHMBO rarely watches SYFY either but every now and then a show like Fringe or Haven has caught her attention and she watches them . SWMBO really dislikes all the bigfoot stuff available I find some of it mildly amusing very little of it interesting and most of it pure hype... I did enjoy a bad movie called Bigfoot Vs. Zombies it was humorous .

We both enjoyed a movie called Violent Night earlier this year it is getting that time again is there a Santa?

lightman
12-09-2023, 12:44 PM
I wish Netflix would put it on from the beginning. The parts that I saw were a bit confusing, not seeing the beginning.

MT Gianni
12-14-2023, 12:22 AM
They tied the streets up all last summer filming it or one of the take offs. I don't need that garbage in the house, I have enough to do.

SeabeeMan
12-24-2023, 08:37 AM

That's where my TV time goes! I'm re-watching the Expanse right now and am excited (although worried because it is Disney) about the potential Firefly reboot.

trebor44
12-24-2023, 09:08 AM
"MONK" is a more intellectually satisfying show!

Texas by God
12-24-2023, 11:36 AM
That's where my TV time goes! I'm re-watching the Expanse right now and am excited (although worried because it is Disney) about the potential Firefly reboot.

The Expanse is a good show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

farmbif
12-26-2023, 08:22 PM
I haven't seen any of them but gun shop I visited last week the owner told me those shows have made the prices of any and all lever action guns skyrocket. I hope they keep showing them "modern" Western things

Land Owner
12-27-2023, 06:52 AM
"The way" to watch Yellowstone is to have a distant family member loan you their set of all seasons on DVD. Then binge watch episode by episode.

firefly1957
12-27-2023, 09:09 AM

I tried to watch expanse and just did not care for it part of the problem was the shows were not playing in sequence making it very hard to follow . I may try again when it gets colder.

SteveM54
12-27-2023, 09:53 AM

[smilie=b: Oh, so SPOT ON :killingpc

delftshooter
12-27-2023, 12:19 PM
How many movies has Halmark© made using this plot and theme?
You left out the part where boy meets girl, they are attracted to each other, there is some sort of misunderstanding, they avoid each other, then they meet again - go through angst and conflict, and resolution - falling in love at Christmas ...
You can almost time the plot twists in these movies.

hallmark channel officially released 32 new "films" for the current christmas season... they did about a total of 300 new shootings this year, but they only used like 5 scripts for the whole thing..

You forgot to mention their all time classic plots of

overweight woman goes to the big city after a bad break up and marries the rich doctor.

handsome rich doctor refuses to marry attractive city women in order to "hld out" for a plain, unassuming country girl with personality