PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Offer a Casting Service for Bullets from Custom Molds?

TexasAg11
12-04-2023, 03:18 PM
Lets say I want a specific bullet that is not available on the market currently but the mold is available for purchase from someone like Accurate Molds.

Maybe a dumb question... Can I buy the mold and send it to a service somewhere that does custom bullet casting? I have a lot on my plate and would rather outsource this than do it myself. Not sure if this is even a thing.

thanks!

cwtebay
12-04-2023, 03:20 PM
Lets say I want a specific bullet that is not available on the market currently but the mold is available for purchase from someone like Accurate Molds.

Maybe a dumb question... Can I buy the mold and send it to a service somewhere that does custom bullet casting? I have a lot on my plate and would rather outsource this than do it myself. Not sure if this is even a thing.

thanks!https://bullshop.weebly.com/

These guys do a great job and have some odd ball ones. I'm not sure if they would do a custom mold - but they're easy to talk to!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Kai
12-04-2023, 03:36 PM
PM sent.

jdgabbard
12-04-2023, 04:02 PM
If you buy a Magma or Ballisticast mold anyone with one of those machines could in theory make a run of that boolit. The real question is will they....

atfsux
12-04-2023, 04:27 PM
https://bullshop.weebly.com/

These guys do a great job and have some odd ball ones. I'm not sure if they would do a custom mold - but they're easy to talk to!

That website appears to be dead. When I try to go anywhere within other than the landing page, McAfee anti-virus refuses to let me look inside.

steveu
12-04-2023, 06:05 PM
That website appears to be dead. When I try to go anywhere within other than the landing page, McAfee anti-virus refuses to let me look inside.

Just looked at their site.

cwtebay
12-04-2023, 06:40 PM
That website appears to be dead. When I try to go anywhere within other than the landing page, McAfee anti-virus refuses to let me look inside.I'm not sure? It works for me when I click on the link.
But if you Google "The Bull Shop" in Dell, MT it comes up also.
I believe the owner is a member here also.

jsizemore
12-04-2023, 06:41 PM
What bullet and how many do you want/need?

TexasAg11
12-04-2023, 07:37 PM
Appreciate the responses and PMs. Right now I’m contemplating what to do about 475 loads so I haven’t decided on a direction yet. At this point I was just wondering if anyone offered that as a service. Sounds like it isn’t a problem.

15meter
12-04-2023, 08:02 PM
What 475? I've got a mold for a 480 Ruger that I used in both a 480 Ruger and a 475 N.E. The pistol weight boolit regulated well in the Nitro Express. It was a hoot to shoot it.

charlie b
12-04-2023, 08:14 PM
You might try calling someone like Montana Bullet Works.

https://www.montanabulletworks.com/

cwtebay
12-04-2023, 09:05 PM
You might try calling someone like Montana Bullet Works.

https://www.montanabulletworks.com/^^^+1 for these fellas also.

pls1911
12-12-2023, 10:29 PM
If you're just testing.....
What quantity are you looking for?
What are your specs, etc.
Alloy preferred? Recommendations needed?
Plain base? Gas Checked?
Sized? unsized?
Tumble lube, grease lube, powder coat?
Preferred hardness? For example, bullets can be cast of softer alloy and heat treated HARD far beyond linotype, good for some applications, not so for others.
If you don't get weird with your request, and are willing to work with what folks have on hand, I'm quite sure someone with a permanent set up could run a sample batch for you.... especially if they already shoot that caliber.

poppy42
12-13-2023, 03:33 AM
Depending on bullet/caliber and how many you wanted I might be interested. I got all the Time in the world. If you’re interested feel free to send me a PM I’m sure we can work something out

TexasAg11
12-14-2023, 10:04 PM
Appreciate all the responses guys. I have my mold spec’ed out and designed but I have not heard back from any of the 6 (yes 6) mold companies that I submitted my design to. The design is a 270-280 grain .452 bullet with a full wadcutter meplat and a gas check. Initially 100 to test followed by a few hundred more for hunting and practice. Loaded into a 45 colt case in front of 18 grains of A2400. Estimate 1300 fps out of my 10” FA83. Mission: Close range hog hunting

Kosh75287
12-14-2023, 11:20 PM
An answer to this question is of interest to me, also. For me, I'D like to find a high-volume reasonably priced source for the SAECO #383 140 gr. .357" LSWC and the SAECO #58 215 gr. .452" LSWC. Missouri bullets makes the latter, for which I thank them AND God...
An absolute PRINCE of a gentleman on this forum was good enough to send me a nice supply of the former bullet for experimentation. From this, I learned that I REALLY need to start casting for them or find someone willing to do so.