PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Forum

Rich/WIS
12-01-2023, 12:06 PM
Anyone here on the RugerForum.com? Was on there until a few days ago when my computer had a brain fart and had to reload all my various forums sites. All went well except for the Ruger site. Couldn't find my password and so tried to reset it but when I do using my gmail address it comes back as "member not found". If I use my hotmail address it comes back and says an e-mail was sent with instructions to reset my password, but I don't get the e-mail. If someone here is a member could they possibly notify the site admin of the issue so I can get a new password.

Scorpion8
12-01-2023, 12:51 PM
Site works fine for me, although it must have burped because it logged me out. But my old username/p-word worked fine. Also sent me a "re-verify yourself" e-mail. Looks to me like they changed software.

I also sent the mods a request here (https://www.rugerforum.net/threads/offline-member-rich-wis.412238/)

Tom Trevor
12-01-2023, 01:34 PM
Just a note all browsers someplace in the SETTINGS 'three little dots upper right top" have a section of all stored passwords. I have had to use it a number of times.

DougGuy
12-01-2023, 02:52 PM
Iirc member Contender1 is a mod over there, message him and ask about the issue?

Scorpion8
12-01-2023, 03:38 PM
Iirc member Contender1 is a mod over there, message him and ask about the issue?

How would OP message the mod if he can't log into the site?

georgerkahn
12-01-2023, 03:51 PM
Anyone here on the RugerForum.com? Was on there until a few days ago when my computer had a brain fart and had to reload all my various forums sites. All went well except for the Ruger site. Couldn't find my password and so tried to reset it but when I do using my gmail address it comes back as "member not found". If I use my hotmail address it comes back and says an e-mail was sent with instructions to reset my password, but I don't get the e-mail. If someone here is a member could they possibly notify the site admin of the issue so I can get a new password.

I do not regularly use Ruger forum, although I am a member with my primary/sole use being for researching a firearm of this manufacture I might have... or :) wish to have. For kicks & giggles I just tried logging in, and no problems, whatever!
geo

Rich/WIS
12-01-2023, 03:56 PM
Link still required logging in, so gave up and re-registered.

Bazoo
12-01-2023, 07:57 PM
I’m on . net

DougGuy
12-01-2023, 09:51 PM
How would OP message the mod if he can't log into the site?

Contender1 is a member of THIS site, message him on THIS site and ask for help at rugerforum.com iirc he is also a mod at rugerforum.com

contender1
12-01-2023, 10:36 PM
Good evening!

I'm contender1 here, and contender over on the .com site. But I'm not a mod there,, just a foolish Ruger junkie! :D

Over the last few years,, the Forum changed hands after the beloved Carl, (FlatGate) passed. For a while,, the (then) owner allowed the site to get into a place where old members couldn't get on, new members couldn't join,, and it was all in the "software." I tried helping several folks to get on to no avail. I was finally told by the (then) owner to STOP trying to help or such stuff.
A new owner,, and a good software upgrade happened,, and now it's running much better. BUT,, older info,, when lost,, causes problems,, and usually results in folks having to re-register & start all over. I know of one super nice guy,, and a wealth of knowledge who finally just gave up. (He's a member here too!) others had to do all kinds of crazy stuff to get back on there.
But if you have a newer email, (some older email addresses aren't accepted from what I can understand,) and can, create a whole new name & account. That's what several folks have been able to do.

I hope this helps.

poppy42
12-02-2023, 05:41 AM
The email went to your spam/junk folder no doubt. Check their.